PDA

View Full Version : Security goons beat up videographers and LAPD does nothing

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-28-2009, 11:33 AM
Monday night along the tree-lined walkway entrance to the Hollywood Bowl, as Radiohead was closing the second of their two sold-out nights at the venue, Sean Carlson and Phil Hoelting, promoters of this weekend's annual F Yeah Fest, were handing out flyers to exiting fans. Their friend Michael Reich, creator of the popular music video site Videothing.com, was recording the two for an upcoming documentary. As Reich shot, he noticed a scuffle occurring within his frame; in the background four security guards could be seen restraining a crowd member as they were ejecting him. The guards, employees of CSC Security, the company contracted by the Bowl to provide protection, were being overly rough with him, alleges Carlson. “They're strangling him – brutally. He's gasping for air.” Reich turned his camera directly on the action as the CSC guards continued to restrain the man.

“The guy was screaming,” remembers Reich, “and trying to tell them that he would leave peacefully if they let him go.”

“The guard walked up to [Reich] and said, 'What the fuck do you think you're filming?' and grabbed at the camera,” says one eyewitness who requested anonymity for fear of retaliation. According to the witness, Carlson walked over to intervene, whereupon the security guard pushed Carlson to the ground, sending the flyers scattering across the pavement. Reich filmed this, as well. The eyewitness and his wife, not wanting to get involved, continued toward their car, but notified the L.A. police officers -- “at least six or seven of them,” he says -- stationed at the Bowl entry that there was trouble up above. He says that they did nothing.

Founders of F Yeah Fest and Videothing.com Allegedly Beaten by Security Guards After Radiohead Show (http://blogs.laweekly.com/westcoastsound/founders-of-f-yeah-fest-and-vi/)

More cop douchebaggery. Doesn't surprise me its the LAPD.

ihsv
02-28-2009, 12:05 PM
All the more reason to conceal carry.

danberkeley
02-28-2009, 03:36 PM
Carlson had no business getting involved. The bouncers probably thought they were being attacked by another guy. Why would you expect LAPD to anything about it?

LibForestPaul
02-28-2009, 04:44 PM
Carlson had no business getting involved. The bouncers probably thought they were being attacked by another guy. Why would you expect LAPD to anything about it?

Are you not reading the article?

“The guard walked up to [Reich] and said, 'What the fuck do you think you're filming?' and grabbed at the camera,” says one eyewitness

danberkeley
02-28-2009, 09:50 PM
Are you not reading the article?

No. I am not. I already read it. :D Btw, I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-28-2009, 09:56 PM
No. I am not. I already read it. :D Btw, I was being sarcastic. :rolleyes:

*pokes* Use tags. ;):D

Zuras
02-28-2009, 10:15 PM
I love this forum. When one can read "T3h evul police did somt1ng wrong!!?! And then the next post "T3h no good p0lees won't do anything!"

No wonder they shoot people.

devil21
02-28-2009, 11:16 PM
I love this forum. When one can read "T3h evul police did somt1ng wrong!!?! And then the next post "T3h no good p0lees won't do anything!"

No wonder they shoot people.

Bullshit. I think you got lost on your way to policeone.com. Show me where the second type of post is on this forum. This is not a forum of people that rely on the police for much of anything at all.

Zuras
02-28-2009, 11:18 PM
Bullshit. I think you got lost on your way to policeone.com. Show me where the second type of post is on this forum. This is not a forum of people that rely on the police for much of anything at all.

You are posting in it, Sherlock.

devil21
02-28-2009, 11:26 PM
You are posting in it, Sherlock.

I don't see any complaining about the cops not doing anything except in the actual article itself. I see an advisement to carry concealed and someone wondering why the cops would do anything since its a private security matter.

Zuras
02-28-2009, 11:34 PM
I don't see any complaining about the cops not doing anything except in the actual article itself. I see an advisement to carry concealed and someone wondering why the cops would do anything since its a private security matter.

Maybe you missed the the title of the thread, Shelock^2.

pcosmar
02-28-2009, 11:38 PM
Maybe you missed the the title of the thread, Shelock^2.

Thread title

Security goons beat up videographers and LAPD does nothing

Not like they should protect and serve or anything.

devil21
02-28-2009, 11:54 PM
So? The thread title points out they did nothing. I dont see any complaining about it. Is pointing out truth automatically considered "complaining"?

I think you are imagining outrage in your rush to insult members of this forum.

Zuras
03-01-2009, 12:02 AM
So? The thread title points out they did nothing. I dont see any complaining about it. Is pointing out truth automatically considered "complaining"?

I think you are imagining outrage in your rush to insult members of this forum.

Did you miss the entire body of the post by the very creator of this thread:

"More cop douchebaggery. Doesn't surprise me its the LAPD."

Just eat the crow and think before you post.

pcosmar
03-01-2009, 12:05 AM
Did you miss the entire body of the post by the very creator of this thread:

"More cop douchebaggery. Doesn't surprise me its the LAPD."

Just eat the crow and think before you post.

STFU punk.

devil21
03-01-2009, 12:11 AM
STFU punk.

Naaa no need for that. It appears Zuras and I read things differently. I didn't see it as complaining. I guess he does. Regardless, my point still stands that people relying on cops for anything at all is not the MO of this forum. If he wishes to take one debatable point and make it the rule, then it's him that looks like a jerk. But then again, since his posts only show up when some cop is busted acting like a hooligan, it would make sense that he doesn't have the foggiest clue what this forum is about.