PDA

View Full Version : [Video] Rand Paul Mulls Senate Run; Thinks Stimulus Plan is "Fine"

Knightskye
02-27-2009, 09:33 PM
http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/40458097.html

The narrator said Rand Paul was fine with the stimulus package, so long as it's not paid for with borrowed or printed money.

What the heck?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Senate. He'll run if Bunning doesn't seek re-election.

MRoCkEd
02-27-2009, 09:37 PM
Yeah that's kind of a weird quote:

The "Junior" Paul says a stimulus plan is fine - only if America doesn't have to borrow or print more money.
So obviously this plan isn't "fine" by those standards. Maybe he means a stimulus like his father has in mind - cutting spending overseas and putting half towards the debt and half towards infrastructure, etc.

Magsec
02-27-2009, 09:39 PM
Sounds like he doesn't like the stimulus already!

Ron Paul is all we have except for a few more marginal folks like Schiff, so bring it on, Rand, continue your father's legacy and we will join you through even the darkest of times!

Knightskye
02-27-2009, 10:15 PM
So obviously this plan isn't "fine" by those standards. Maybe he means a stimulus like his father has in mind - cutting spending overseas and putting half towards the debt and half towards infrastructure, etc.

Yeah, that sounds about right.

Epic
02-27-2009, 10:28 PM
rand paul on his dad:

"I think in many ways we'd be similar. We both believe in limited government. I believe governments should run balanced budgets."

I'd love to know if there is anything of consequence that they disagree on. I basically agree with Paul down the line, so I'd be in favor of a carbon copy ron paul.

TruthisTreason
02-27-2009, 10:48 PM
I'd love to know if there is anything of consequence that they disagree on.

Nothing that comes to mind! I caught this live on my local channel. Thanks for posting!

Knightskye
03-03-2009, 02:44 AM
Bunning must have heard that Rand Paul thought about running. He's running again.

anaconda
03-03-2009, 03:05 AM
Maybe he was being facetious.

Conza88
03-03-2009, 04:21 AM
Wonder what the convo would be like around the dinner table.

Sheer awesomeness I assume. :D

Ron Paul: "He kid's, I'm starting a rEVOLution"....

Kids: http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7895/surprisedzf9.gif

Hahaha, of course he'd never do that. He's too modest and humble.

:D

FrankRep
03-03-2009, 04:47 AM
The narrator said Rand Paul was fine with the stimulus package, so long as it's not paid for with borrowed or printed money.

What the heck?

Anyway, I wouldn't mind seeing him in Senate. He'll run if Bunning doesn't seek re-election.

The economy does need to be stimulated, but from private capital. I think that is what he's saying. Don't stimulate it with printed/borrowed money. I agree.

Austin
03-03-2009, 07:13 AM
I think that people are misunderstanding his quote. Looks to me like Rand was using a little subtle humor, and presented the words in a way that the public would take a liking to.. Perhaps I'm over thinking it, but Rand is a smart cookie. He was likely supporting free-market stimulus, but just said it in a tricky way.

rockandrollsouls
03-03-2009, 10:50 AM
http://www.wbko.com/news/headlines/40458097.html

What the heck?

I remember seeing him speak at the local level....very articulate and convincing man. From what I've heard, I don't think he'd be fine with this stimulus. He knows what he's talking about.

Aratus
03-03-2009, 12:20 PM
keep in mind, rand paul's idea of a stimulus bill ain't barack obama's idea of the same... indeeeedy yes!!!

tropicangela
03-03-2009, 02:19 PM
If they don't print or borrow it, how else would they stimulate? Save?

TruthisTreason
03-03-2009, 02:27 PM
If they don't print or borrow it, how else would they stimulate? Save?

cut spending

trey4sports
03-03-2009, 03:51 PM
Wonder what the convo would be like around the dinner table.

Sheer awesomeness I assume. :D

Ron Paul: "He kid's, I'm starting a rEVOLution"....

Kids: http://img398.imageshack.us/img398/7895/surprisedzf9.gif

Hahaha, of course he'd never do that. He's too modest and humble.

:D

revolution?

its just 50 spammers running the internetz duh

itshappening
03-03-2009, 04:11 PM
I think Rand is saying he'd be ok with it if it was fully funded by cuts elswhere which it isnt so it's definitely not OK