PDA

View Full Version : If only we were joking

Mahkato
02-27-2009, 07:28 PM
If only we were joking (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iqDYL4wrLm8)

I don't think I'm going to break the bad news to my kids just yet!

dude58677
02-27-2009, 07:36 PM
You mean all the bad things going on in this country?

Johnnybags
02-27-2009, 07:45 PM
The kids will be taken away if you get a libbie judge after the news gets a hold of this. Those poor kids might be scarred for life from a dose of reality. Let them live in never never land.

MRoCkEd
02-27-2009, 07:48 PM
wow

micahnelson
02-27-2009, 07:52 PM
The kids will be taken away if you get a libbie judge after the news gets a hold of this. Those poor kids might be scarred for life from a dose of reality. Let them live in never never land.

Totally. How typical- the state would take kids away for parents teaching their kids what the state is doing.

Mahkato
02-27-2009, 07:57 PM
You mean all the bad things going on in this country?

My kids know that Christmas and birthday presents are going to get smaller thanks to Obama, and that everyone is going to be poor for quite a while. What they don't know is that they will be paying for today's mistakes for their entire lives, even though they had nothing to do with it.

Kludge
02-27-2009, 07:59 PM
Ohhhhh God, I'm an asshole.

I laughed near the end.

micahnelson
02-27-2009, 08:03 PM
My kids know that Christmas and birthday presents are going to get smaller thanks to Obama, and that everyone is going to be poor for quite a while. What they don't know is that they will be paying for today's mistakes for their entire lives, even though they had nothing to do with it.

Bank Bailout? Bush.

Those two wars? Bush.

I'm not an Obama defender, but unless you want to raise a neo-con, don't give them revisionist history.

Trigonx
02-27-2009, 08:03 PM

I laughed near the end.

lol, your going to hell. :eek:

BuddyRey
02-27-2009, 08:05 PM

I laughed near the end.

Me too. :o

Mahkato
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
Bank Bailout? Bush.

Those two wars? Bush.

I'm not an Obama defender, but unless you want to raise a neo-con, don't give them revisionist history.

They're too young to have really heard of Bush much. Believe me, they will be learning that blind party loyalty is a large factor in the United States' downfall. One of my kids got a "Time for Kids" newspaper in kindergarten last October with McCain and Obama on the cover, and she crossed them both out.

micahnelson
02-27-2009, 08:06 PM
They're too young to have really heard of Bush much. Believe me, they will be learning that blind party loyalty is a large factor in the United States' downfall.

Yeah. Remember the days when "Party Man" was the king of political insults?

We need to bring that back.

Johnnybags
02-27-2009, 08:37 PM
Obviously a Liberale

You are sadistic pig. You are traumatizing your own kids and getting them upsey for nothing. They have no idea what you are talking about. My wife works for social services and I will be showing this to the police. This inhumane and child abuse

Kludge
02-27-2009, 08:39 PM
//

Knightskye
02-27-2009, 10:58 PM
"We don't have any money!"

This should seriously be made into a commercial, with reactions from a couple kids - including the one in this video.

satchelmcqueen
02-27-2009, 11:49 PM
so simple even a child gets it. so whats wrong with washington?

Roxi
02-27-2009, 11:57 PM
this is wrong on so many levels....

haaaylee
02-28-2009, 12:11 AM
Obviously a Liberale

You are sadistic pig. You are traumatizing your own kids and getting them upsey for nothing. They have no idea what you are talking about. My wife works for social services and I will be showing this to the police. This inhumane and child abuse

really? this is not child abuse. do not go out of your way to attempt to harm a person trying to make a point. sure his son shouldn't have been made to cry, but i highly doubt he knew that he would. and the video ended as soon as he did start crying. so think about that.

Roxi
02-28-2009, 12:28 AM
Obviously a Liberale

okay first off who are you calling a sadistic pig? the OP isn't the one who made this video, and I doubt it was anyone here.

second. I think you have stumbled onto the wrong forums. while I think the dad in the video is kind of a douchebag for purposely trying to upset his child, this isn't the kind of child abuse that constitutes a call to DHS. You are talking about potentially ruining peoples lives over something that you don't have enough evidence to conclude that the parents are abusing their children. And unless your wife doesn't talk about what goes on at work, you should already know this.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 12:32 AM
okay first off who are you calling a sadistic pig? the OP isn't the one who made this video, and I doubt it was anyone here.

second. I think you have stumbled onto the wrong forums. while I think the dad in the video is kind of a douchebag for purposely trying to upset his child, this isn't the kind of child abuse that constitutes a call to DHS. You are talking about potentially ruining peoples lives over something that you don't have enough evidence to conclude that the parents are abusing their children. And unless your wife doesn't talk about what goes on at work, you should already know this.

He was re posting a comment from another board.

It was not his comment.;)

tremendoustie
02-28-2009, 01:27 AM

I laughed near the end.

Kludge, I just noticed your title. Pacifism and nihilism seem to conflict, to me, how do you explain this? Since we're all figments of your imagination, why wouldn't you want to blow us away? Also, how does cynicism come in? Does your mind disbelieve itself?

Also, kudos to you on imagining me saying this, it shows you're capable of self criticism :D. Actually, consider this an attaboy from your subconscious in general -- imagining all the stuff on these boards makes you a definite supergenius. Plus, if you head on over to a few of these technical sites, I'm pretty sure that brain of yours is going to show you some even more awesome stuff it just came up with. Check out google books :eek:

Safe to say the bit of your consciousness responsible for this post is pretty impressed with itself, and the rest of your mind as well.

aravoth
02-28-2009, 01:52 AM

I laughed near the end.

BWAHAHAHAHAHa

I laugh only because I nearly cried. I've got kids also, how the fuck does a parent tell there kids this kind of shit?

Roxi
02-28-2009, 01:54 AM
He was re posting a comment from another board.

It was not his comment.;)

oh well okay then, i think ill look for some salt to make my foot taste better :)

OptionsTrader
02-28-2009, 01:58 AM
This is why I check the wife's pills every night.

mport1
02-28-2009, 02:23 AM
These kids haven't been through the indoctrinating prison system yet called public school. I'm sure they will be cheering on the state in a few years.

idiom
02-28-2009, 02:24 AM
Kludge, I just noticed your title. Pacifism and nihilism seem to conflict, to me, how do you explain this? Since we're all figments of your imagination, why wouldn't you want to blow us away? Also, how does cynicism come in? Does your mind disbelieve itself?

Also, kudos to you on imagining me saying this, it shows you're capable of self criticism :D. Actually, consider this an attaboy from your subconscious in general -- imagining all the stuff on these boards makes you a definite supergenius. Plus, if you head on over to a few of these technical sites, I'm pretty sure that brain of yours is going to show you some even more awesome stuff it just came up with. Check out google books :eek:

Safe to say the bit of your consciousness responsible for this post is pretty impressed with itself, and the rest of your mind as well.

He is too depressed to hurt anyone?

Kludge
02-28-2009, 10:25 AM

I really doubt that it's "my" mind. Maybe I'm taking up a bit of some brain's cortex space -- though I doubt whatever "brain" is being used is even similar to our own. I don't need meaning to make life enjoyable. Life's a privilege -- one I have no desire to take away from others -- especially if we DO exist (and I'd still be a Nihilist if it were proven [practically impossible] that we exist).

Kludge
02-28-2009, 10:31 AM
These kids haven't been through the indoctrinating prison system yet called public school. I'm sure they will be cheering on the state in a few years.

This belief is really starting to bother me. Education is really reliant on textbooks and teachers. Textbooks need to stay away from controversy as much as possible, and praise stereotypes out of fear that they will be rejected. Teachers, however, fail their students when they are lazy and haven't researched topics enough. I was introduced to Ron Paul last year in a public high school by an English teacher who was talking about government waste. I had (and have) a lot of respect for that particular teacher and started researching Ron Paul at home (previously being a Neoconservative watching Bill ORLY religiously, though I already started in on "Atlas Shrugged" and was looking into libertarianism and objectivism). Started reading Youtube comments, and somehow ended up here.

DAFTEK
02-28-2009, 10:38 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtKrv7IRvUQ (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VtKrv7IRvUQ)

DAFTEK
02-28-2009, 10:39 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPSqL9_mfM (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdPSqL9_mfM)

DAFTEK
02-28-2009, 10:42 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZtthSq-uG8 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZtthSq-uG8)

ItsTime
02-28-2009, 10:45 AM
The Obama ones are far sicker than the first one.

ItsTime
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
What is sad is the first pre-school open house my daughter went to the teacher was telling the kids how great Obama was. My daughter looked up with a shocked looked on her face.

DAFTEK
02-28-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCGNutN4L_4 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCGNutN4L_4)

Anyway you look at it's brainwashing....

DAFTEK
02-28-2009, 10:52 AM
Well one of my daughters history teacher is anti Obubba and tried to brainwash my daughter until she told him she was already brainwashed by the CONSTITUTION! hahaha i loved it... He did admit to have a soft spot for Ron Paul... ;)

ClayTrainor
02-28-2009, 10:55 AM
Well one of my daughters history teacher is anti Obubba and tried to brainwash my daughter until she told him she was already brainwashed by the CONSTITUTION! hahaha i loved it... He did admit to have a soft spot for Ron Paul... ;)

haha, awesome!

Natalie
02-28-2009, 11:32 AM
That is the cutest video ever. I also laughed at the end...

Natalie
02-28-2009, 11:37 AM
Obviously a Liberale

How is that child abuse? Typical whiney liberals :rolleyes:

devil21
02-28-2009, 03:16 PM
No problem with the video here. We need to start teaching our kids the truth early, especially before the public indoctrination system gets a hold of them first. The kids clearly understood what he was saying and count me in the camp that telling kids the truth isn't "abuse". Coddling and sheltering kids is more of an abuse IMO. They didn't follow the numbers or specifics but you don't have to be an adult to understand "We are spending your money without your permission and there's nothing you can do about it".

sevin
02-28-2009, 03:23 PM
That was unnecessary. The kid doesn't even really understand what the dad is talking about, anyway.

He could just as easily made his son crying by saying, "I'm going to eat all your Cheerios."

Kludge
02-28-2009, 05:25 PM
He could just as easily made his son crying by saying, "I'm going to eat all your Cheerios."

That would have been funnier, too.

devil21
02-28-2009, 07:01 PM
That would have been funnier, too.

Eh, by the time those kids are grown, a dollar will buy one Cheerio so what's the difference.

Johnnybags
02-28-2009, 07:05 PM
How is that child abuse? Typical whiney liberals :rolleyes:

That, I posted from another board. You are correct as I said, obviously a Liberale. Every kid should know the truth.

Kludge
02-28-2009, 07:17 PM
Eh, by the time those kids are grown, a dollar will buy one Cheerio so what's the difference.

But "Cheerios" is a funny word, like Oreos.

You ever watch the King Of The Hill episode where Buck Strickland gets kicked out of his regular Adult hangout, and tries to bring clean fun to Strickland Propane? Anyway, he goes into this ice cream store where the clerks act like obnoxious jackasses -- singing, dancing, and whatnot. Buck wants Oreos as his ice cream "mix-in", and the clerk starts shuffling the Oreos in the air. Suddenly, Buck shouts, "What's he gonna do with all them O-ree-oos???!". It was hilarious.

Natalie
03-01-2009, 11:39 AM
That was unnecessary. The kid doesn't even really understand what the dad is talking about, anyway.

My dad used to stay stuff like that to me all the time when I was little and I never cried. He'd say "Every American now owes X dollars. But I'm not paying my share so you're going to have to pay 2X dollars." :rolleyes:

What happened to the video anyway? I think that guy felt threatened by all the "child abuse" comments and took it down. Lame.