PDA

View Full Version : Suggested Approach to Increasing This Movement

LibertyEagle
02-27-2009, 06:08 PM
I saw this on the C4L website and thought it was worth repeating.
http://www.campaignforliberty.com/blog.php?view=12115

Note: Hey, I was calling the people smirking at RP during his CPAC speech, idiots, here on the forums. But, I think this guy is right.
--------------------

The Right Approach to Increasing This Movement

Posted by justinb on 02/27/09 1:42 PM

I logged into the online stream of CPAC to watch Ron Paul speak. What I didn't expect was that little chat program on the right hand side of the feed. While there was a LOT of enthusiasm for Ron Paul, there was also a LOT of misinformed people spreading their condescending hate and inaccurate information towards the good doctor, as well as other people in this chat room.

I would like us to employ self-restraint when confronted with people like this. I know it's a knee jerk reaction to take their hateful messages, and return hate back to them. I definitely know that I have been that person on too many occasions. However, it's not a way to win the intellectual fight. Rather, point them to this great site and let them read the knowledge here. Point them to youtube videos of the debates that got us all riled up for politics and the good doctor. Kindly ask them what their argument is, and debate with them in a civil, calm, and logical manner. That's the way to educate these people. With a message like Dr. Paul's, there's not much needed to get people on our side of the fight.

Thanks,

Justin

ClayTrainor
02-27-2009, 06:19 PM
very well put.

I've been really trying hard to perfect my debate skills. It really is all about hearing them out, and then questioning their logic as opposed to simply telling them how it is.

You can get alot of these people to admit their wrong, by simply asking them the right questions.

LibertyEagle
02-28-2009, 04:52 AM
bump