PDA

View Full Version : New Rising Stars

PureCommonSense
02-27-2009, 05:55 PM
We all love the good doctor - I think that's a given. But we have to face reality - Ron Paul will not be around forever. We must have new leaders and champions for our cause we can rally behind. So, thoughts?

Gary Johnson?
Mark Sanford?
Sarah Palin?
Mitt Romney?
Bobby Jindal?
Jeff Flake?
Barry Goldwater Jr.?

Someone I haven't mentioned?

Kludge
02-27-2009, 05:59 PM
Sanford, maybe Jindal, (BJ) Lawson, and (Rand) Paul are the only ones I see with any potential to lead without splitting us apart.

Of that lot, Jindal is the only one with significant national name recognition, but many here have already voiced opposition to him.

PureCommonSense
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
BJ Lawson and Rand Paul, what a duo, how could I forget them.

Ninja Homer
02-27-2009, 06:07 PM
Dare I mention Jesse Ventura? He's a love him or hate him kinda guy, but the truth is, a lot of the general population already love him. Personally, I'd like to see him in the Senate, but I'm guessing that if he runs for anything it will be POTUS.

brandon
02-27-2009, 06:12 PM
We all love the good doctor - I think that's a given. But we have to face reality - Ron Paul will not be around forever. We must have new leaders and champions for our cause we can rally behind. So, thoughts?

Gary Johnson?
Mark Sanford?
Sarah Palin?
Mitt Romney?
Bobby Jindal?
Jeff Flake?
Barry Goldwater Jr.?

Someone I haven't mentioned?
We do need new leaders, but everyone in your list is an old leader. These people are run of the mill, establishment politicians (with the exception of Johnson, who is retired and is not going to be a "new" leader).

I am a new leader. You are a new leader if you want to be. The new leaders are anyone and everyone who strongly believe in liberty and are ready or will soon be ready to step up to the plate. The leaders are the meetup organizers and assistant organizers. The leaders are the people starting local chapters of CFL. The leaders are the people seeking office or volunteering for campaigns.

Don't seek out a leader, become a leader.

"Passive acceptance of the teacher's wisdom is easy to most boys and girls. It involves no effort of independent thought, and seems rational because the teacher knows more than his pupils; it is moreover the way to win the favour of the teacher unless he is a very exceptional man. Yet the habit of passive acceptance is a disastrous one in later life. It causes man to seek and to accept a leader, and to accept as a leader whoever is established in that position." - Bertrand Russell

loudes13
02-27-2009, 06:34 PM
I currently like Paul Ryan from WI.

Epic
03-02-2009, 12:36 PM
rand paul, bj lawson

all the others are neocons or typical politicians

Bruno
03-02-2009, 12:46 PM
Dare I mention Jesse Ventura? He's a love him or hate him kinda guy, but the truth is, a lot of the general population already love him. Personally, I'd like to see him in the Senate, but I'm guessing that if he runs for anything it will be POTUS.

he would implode. Jesse Ventura is his own worst enemy.

slacker921
03-02-2009, 01:26 PM
Go down that list and ask if they support the War on Drugs and the War on Terror. If not, then how are they any different than McCain?

Go back to McCain's speeches and you'll hear loads of talk about fiscal conservatism, cutting the size of the Federal Government, protecting gun rights, yadda, yadda.. any Republican candidate will say the same things. Show me the ones that will restore our right to protect ourselves from our government. That's what much of the constitution was intended for, and that's the part that Bush gutted.

Palin, Romney, and Jindal all continue to support the failed policies of Bush. They'll lead the GOP nowhere.

Number19
03-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Here in Texas we have Debra Medina.