PDA

View Full Version : Oklahoma Straw Poll

Dustancostine
09-14-2007, 09:57 PM
Just recieved this message from a meetup member:

Ags --

Us Oklahomans were caught off guard by the local republican party’s decision to have an official straw poll at our state fair. We need your help!! Please come to Oklahoma City and/or get notify your friends and family to come here and vote!!! Ron Paul is not doing so well right now.

Info about the state fair:

Tix are $8
Runs from 13-23 Sep

http://www.okstatefair.com/

The Republican booth is near the entrance at the south end of the 'Modern Living' building (building 14 on the map).

http://okstatefair.com/images/07StateFairMap150.jpg

Please help us get the word out! Send this to any other meet up groups you know!

Frank

MikeStanart
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I have family up there, I'll try to get my little bro to round up all his friends ( which all just turned 18)

K1RBY
09-14-2007, 11:39 PM
my wife & i +6 friend will be going to vote tomorrow.

quickmike
09-14-2007, 11:56 PM
Ok, this kind of post tells me something.

It says that Ron cant win unless we send people there specifically to vote for him.

Thats not a good thing. More name recognition is whats needed, not sending supporters from miles around just to give the appearance of massive support for him.

I mean, sure its nice to hear he won, but if we cant win just by letting the natural flow of people vote for who they choose to vote for, but instead send people there just to vote for him, that seems a litte misrepresentative of whats going to happen on election day. Worst thing we can do is make it appear he has more general support than he really has.

cac1963
09-15-2007, 12:25 AM

It says that Ron cant win unless we send people there specifically to vote for him.

Thats not a good thing. More name recognition is whats needed, not sending supporters from miles around just to give the appearance of massive support for him.

I mean, sure its nice to hear he won, but if we cant win just by letting the natural flow of people vote for who they choose to vote for, but instead send people there just to vote for him, that seems a litte misrepresentative of whats going to happen on election day. Worst thing we can do is make it appear he has more general support than he really has.

I think it's represenative of a strong GOTV effort, which is a good thing to have in the primaries. Besides, how do we know the other candidates aren't doing the same kind of GOTV effort for these polls?

empirenine
09-15-2007, 12:27 AM

Isn't this how it will work in the REAL election though? We will rally every Ron Paul supporter when others are apathetic and decide not to vote.

I'm okay with this method.

quickmike
09-15-2007, 12:33 AM
I think it's represenative of a strong GOTV effort, which is a good thing to have in the primaries. Besides, how do we know the other candidates aren't doing the same kind of GOTV effort for these polls?

good point

dont get me wrong, im not saying dont do it. Just saying its not as important as getting out spreading the name.

So why is Ron doing so bad even though he has more meetup members and internet support than all the other candidates combined? are you saying that other candidates supporters are doing a better job of getting people to vote for their guy even though they dont have anywhere near the grassroots support and organization Ron's supporters have?

I think its name recognition.

Few people know who Ron Paul is, and we need to wake up to that fact in a big hurry if he wants a real chance to actually win in the real world of MSM followers.

disinter
09-15-2007, 12:37 AM

Exactly.

McDermit
09-15-2007, 12:43 AM
In addition to getting meetup members to show up and vote, see if you can get an RP support to work the GOP booth. Some GOP booths allow one supporter per candidate.

And above all else, have some people standing at the entrance(s) handing RP lit to people as they go in. Be sure to mention the straw poll. Tell them to head over and vote if they like what they read!