PDA

View Full Version : Overzealous cops, doesn't turn out well for them.

Anti Federalist
02-27-2009, 01:53 AM
Interesting (http://www.tooshocking.com/videos/6041/Fans_Get_Even_With_Riot_Police).

BuddyRey
02-27-2009, 05:29 AM
Nice!!!

It's great to see people sticking together like that to avenge violence and injustice.

youngbuck
02-27-2009, 05:40 AM
LOL, that's sweet.

ClayTrainor
02-27-2009, 05:52 AM
awesome!

jrich4rpaul
02-27-2009, 06:40 AM
Interesting indeed

Bruno
02-27-2009, 07:04 AM
Never forget they are always outnumbered.

Isaac Bickerstaff
02-27-2009, 08:31 AM
Notice how quickly order is restored when the cops are gone/incapacitated.

BillyDkid
02-27-2009, 08:43 AM
It's pretty cool that the players themselves stepped in. Good God, you can't have people running across the field with flags!!!! Next thing you know you'll have cats and dogs living together and anarchy in the streets!!!

ForLiberty-RonPaul
02-27-2009, 08:49 AM
this video has been out there for a while. What always fascinates me is how quickly the cops' loyalty to each other is shown to be seriously superficial. As soon as they saw they were out gunned they split. And then that one cop gets knocked out, but his buddies aren't even on the field anymore.

Minarchy4Sale
02-27-2009, 08:59 AM
I must be ill. There is something that makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl everytime I see a bully get his ass kicked.

teehee.

Mini-Me
02-27-2009, 09:09 AM
Interesting (http://www.tooshocking.com/videos/6041/Fans_Get_Even_With_Riot_Police).

Very...once just a few people stepped in and took action, it seemed like the entire crowd converged on the riot cops. A mob mentality can be very dangerous, but a mob emboldened by righteous indignation is nevertheless a very powerful thing...

acptulsa
02-27-2009, 09:15 AM
Saw one of those cable cop shows the other night, and a couple of fake cops came into a club in Eastern Europe (near as I could tell; they didn't say) and dragged a cocktail waitress they wanted to rape out by the hair. The people did nothing.

Once we allow the cops to get so out of hand that any psychotic behavior--even dragging a woman around by her hair--looks like police behavior, any psycho with a flashing light for his dashboard and a t-shirt with 'police' emblazoned on it can get away with anything. If we hold the cops to a standard, though, then the psychos will actually have to act sane to pull something like this off. And it just isn't that easy for most psychos to act sane.

Lawless cops are a threat to the rule of law in so many diverse ways.

Freedom 4 all
02-27-2009, 10:12 AM
Does it make me a bad person that I always hope this happens?

phill4paul
02-27-2009, 10:15 AM
Oh, I wish that Americans had the balls to do something like this at the BART station shooting.

brandon
02-27-2009, 10:17 AM
I must be ill. There is something that makes me giggle like a little schoolgirl everytime I see a bully get his ass kicked.

teehee.

Same here, and you will love these videos!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AZ6HD_b-6ko
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nIpaFX_LRs4
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MbINhoeC1us
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AhzQxH00rd0

I got more if you want em

Bruno
02-27-2009, 10:18 AM
Oh, I wish that Americans had the balls to do something like this at the BART station shooting.

+1

fedup100
02-27-2009, 10:31 AM
Something similar happened in Denver at the convention. Can't find video, it was the best.

It was on Alex Jones. One fatty pig cop collard a guy and someone ran and body slammed the cop so hard he had to let the man go, the man got away and the fatty cop jumps up spraying pepper spray all around whilst trying to make a hasty retreat without his dignity in tack.

People in this country do not understand their power, they are told repeatedly to do nothing or else. The enemy knows they cannot defeat the people if they stand up.

Hope they don't have too, but how much insanity can the sane take?

ihsv
02-27-2009, 10:40 AM
oh, i wish that americans had the balls to do something like this at the bart station shooting.

+911

Deborah K
02-27-2009, 10:44 AM
Saw one of those cable cop shows the other night, and a couple of fake cops came into a club in Eastern Europe (near as I could tell; they didn't say) and dragged a cocktail waitress they wanted to rape out by the hair. The people did nothing.

Once we allow the cops to get so out of hand that any psychotic behavior--even dragging a woman around by her hair--looks like police behavior, any psycho with a flashing light for his dashboard and a t-shirt with 'police' emblazoned on it can get away with anything. If we hold the cops to a standard, though, then the psychos will actually have to act sane to pull something like this off. And it just isn't that easy for most psychos to act sane.

Lawless cops are a threat to the rule of law in so many diverse ways.

Which is why I carry a stun gun with me at all times.

Deborah K
02-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Very...once just a few people stepped in and took action, it seemed like the entire crowd converged on the riot cops. A mob mentality can be very dangerous, but a mob emboldened by righteous indignation is nevertheless a very powerful thing...

Well put! I was happy to see that thug with the baton get his ass kicked! He more than deserved it.

constituent
02-27-2009, 10:48 AM
http://www.andrewor.com/images/20070923221738_img_2076-edit-edit-2.jpg

^"sitting ducks"

http://www.pendragon-software.com/casestudy/cs-paso-schools_files/image012.jpg

^"fish in a barrel"

Reason
02-27-2009, 11:34 AM
meh

phill4paul
02-27-2009, 11:42 AM
meh

.... Yeah everyone is against police oppression but I am going to go ahead and say that the cops were just doing there job in this instance and didn't seem to be doing anything "out of control"

Maybe its just me but your original post is different from this one. The thing they were doing wrong was applying excessive force while he was restrained. That would have been the thrusting with the truncheon part.;)

constituent
02-27-2009, 11:45 AM
meh

http://www.anujink.com/uploaded_images/bootlicker-737778.jpg

Reason
02-27-2009, 12:15 PM
Maybe its just me but your original post is different from this one. The thing they were doing wrong was applying excessive force while he was restrained. That would have been the thrusting with the truncheon part.;)

Yeah I edited my post after I watched it again and saw the guy thrusting the stick.

Reason
02-27-2009, 12:16 PM
http://www.anujink.com/uploaded_images/bootlicker-737778.jpg

no.

phill4paul
02-27-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah I edited my post after I watched it again and saw the guy thrusting the stick.

And your conclusion was "meh"? Gotcha.;)

MsDoodahs
02-27-2009, 12:49 PM

That was EXACTLY what I thought of!

Galileo Galilei
02-27-2009, 01:22 PM
The cops should be indicted for inciting a mob.

surf
02-27-2009, 01:56 PM
Was that Benfica? Freddy Adu's Portugese club - he's been loaned to Monaco

speciallyblend
02-27-2009, 01:57 PM
Notice how quickly order is restored when the cops are gone/incapacitated.

i know, i was like dam!

enjerth
02-27-2009, 05:21 PM
Well put! I was happy to see that thug with the baton get his ass kicked! He more than deserved it.

Actually, if you pay attention, the bald guy who got his ass kicked wasn't the one doing the beating.

In fact, it looks like he stopped the guy from continuing the beating. He was the least deserving of them to have the mob descend on him.

Time for Change
02-27-2009, 05:57 PM
Kinda gives you hope...lol

Deborah K
02-27-2009, 06:24 PM
Actually, if you pay attention, the bald guy who got his ass kicked wasn't the one doing the beating.

In fact, it looks like he stopped the guy from continuing the beating. He was the least deserving of them to have the mob descend on him.

Really??? Lemme look at it again. If that is true, then I stand corrected. The prick with the baton is the one who deserved the womping.

pcosmar
02-27-2009, 06:31 PM
Really??? Lemme look at it again. If that is true, then I stand corrected. The prick with the baton is the one who deserved the womping.

Didn't watch it that close, but it would not surprise me. Bullies are cowards and running away from someone that confronts them is common.
This is going to be the problem of the few good cops out there. People will attack the uniform regardless. The mob will not see the person, just the uniform.

ihsv
02-27-2009, 06:45 PM
http://movietonic.com/hollywood/wp-content/uploads/2007/06/800px-simpsons_angry_mob.png

SWATH
02-27-2009, 07:10 PM
My guess is that they probably won't try that again.

devil21
02-27-2009, 08:32 PM
Sweet video. We need some of that over on this side of the pond.

Mini-Me
02-28-2009, 12:08 AM
Didn't watch it that close, but it would not surprise me. Bullies are cowards and running away from someone that confronts them is common.
This is going to be the problem of the few good cops out there. People will attack the uniform regardless. The mob will not see the person, just the uniform.

This could be a problem, but ultimately, it's the paid responsibility of the good cops to start arresting the bad cops anyway. If some regular guy on the street is brave enough to put his foot down when something horrible happens (I'm talking about the first person who decides to take action, not the millionth ;)), any "good cop" should be equally brave, as well. If they start really doing their jobs right, I think even the most irate mobs would hopefully take notice and respect them.

Still, it definitely does suck if the cop who got the worst of it was actually the best of them (one who might have been too timid to fully stand up to the others, but who apparently still didn't like what he saw and made some effort at stopping it :()...

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 12:12 AM
This could be a problem, but ultimately, it's the paid responsibility of the good cops to start arresting the bad cops anyway. If some regular guy on the street is brave enough to put his foot down when something horrible happens (I'm talking about the first person who decides to take action, not the millionth ;)), any "good cop" should be equally brave, as well. If they do their job in plain sight, I think even the most irate mobs would hopefully take notice and respect them.

There are no good cops or there would be no bad cops. ;)

Mini-Me
02-28-2009, 12:33 AM
There are no good cops or there would be no bad cops. ;)

I am kind of partial to that quote, at least as a rhetorical slogan. ;) Still, I think that a more accurate depiction of reality is something more along the lines of, "The bad cops and stupid cops have greater numbers and more power and influence than the good cops." To make a Gotham City comparison, there's only so much Jim Gordon can do in one day without getting himself killed, and that won't do anybody any good. Sometimes I wonder if some of the good cops see all of the crap going on around them but feel powerless in the face of corruption and the "blue line." I mean, you can arrest your fellow cops, but if you know that nothing's going to come of it except losing your job (and possibly having something else bad happen to you) and leaving an opportunity for some goon to replace you, what are you really going to do in your official capacity as a cop? That's why I hope that somewhere out there, there might be a few inconspicuous good cops playing the long game and waiting for a promotion and some serious authority before going in and cleaning house.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 12:42 AM
I am kind of partial to that quote, at least as a rhetorical slogan. ;) Still, I think that a more accurate depiction of reality is something more along the lines of, "The bad cops and stupid cops have greater numbers and more power and influence than the good cops." To make a Gotham City comparison, there's only so much Jim Gordon can do in one day without getting himself killed, and that won't do anybody any good. Sometimes I wonder if some of the good cops see all of the crap going on around them but feel powerless in the face of corruption and the "blue line." I mean, you can arrest your fellow cops, but if you know that nothing's going to come of it except losing your job (and possibly having something else bad happen to you) and leaving an opportunity for some goon to replace you, what are you really going to do in your official capacity as a cop? That's why I hope that somewhere out there, there might be a few inconspicuous good cops playing the long game and waiting for a promotion and some serious authority before going in and cleaning house.

Very likely this is the case.

But then doesn't that quote hold even more water?

If you turn a blind eye toward blatant corruption and criminal activity because of "other concerns" then would you not be, ipso facto, a "bad cop".;)

Like you, I am also hoping that there are "good ones" out there, police and military alike, who "get it".

ramallamamama
02-28-2009, 12:50 AM
Well done.

Mini-Me
02-28-2009, 01:02 AM
Very likely this is the case.

But then doesn't that quote hold even more water?

If you turn a blind eye toward blatant corruption and criminal activity because of "other concerns" then would you not be, ipso facto, a "bad cop".;)

Like you, I am also hoping that there are "good ones" out there, police and military alike, who "get it".

If you totally turn a blind eye out of sheer cowardice without any intentions of making a stand one day, that would make you a bad cop, yeah (though you'd still be better than a flat-out evil cop). However, if your mentality is more about a strategic decision to pick your battles and live to fight another day, I think that "bad cop" would be a bit of an unfair label. :)

sailor
02-28-2009, 01:18 AM

The cop with the baton was the first to run away.

pcosmar
02-28-2009, 01:19 AM
The cop with the baton was the first to run away.

As previously stated
Bullies are cowards.

Anti Federalist
02-28-2009, 01:33 AM
If you totally turn a blind eye out of sheer cowardice without any intentions of making a stand one day, that would make you a bad cop, yeah (though you'd still be better than a flat-out evil cop). However, if your mentality is more about a strategic decision to pick your battles and live to fight another day, I think that "bad cop" would be a bit of an unfair label. :)

True enough.

I suspect that is what the vast majority of "us" are doing right now.

I know I am.