PDA

View Full Version : Ron Paul Should Whip Out These Photos On Tv

max
09-14-2007, 09:37 PM
People need to be shocked into seeing the truth.......next time some chicken hawk tell u what a great cause this war is...show them these photos

http://mparent7777-2.blogspot.com/2007/09/american-soldiers-this-is-result-of.html

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 09:47 PM
max..do you happen to know who the photographer is?

max
09-14-2007, 09:50 PM

no. why?...were u thinking of making an ad?

maybe u could contact the website if its copyright ur concerned about

McDermit
09-14-2007, 10:02 PM
I was dumb and signed shit saying that I can't speak out publicly about my experience for 10 of years. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I signed away a lot of rights without even thinking about it.

But here's me 6 months after I came home. Courtesy of OIF1.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8076/6mosux4.jpg

michaelwise
09-14-2007, 10:05 PM
The powers that be, who send our solders to war, don't give a rats ass if our solders come back in a body bag, or mangled and maimed. To the PTB, our soldiers are considered the unwashed masses, so it's OK to use them as they see fit.

SwanMaiden
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
Those photos are incredibly sad and affecting, but some of the comments people left saying that it was the soldier's fault and they deserved it made me sick!:mad:

slantedview
09-14-2007, 10:10 PM
McDermit, hope you're healthy nowadays.

LizF
09-14-2007, 10:12 PM
Wow...just wow.

Those pictures are probably what make me maddest and saddest about this needless war waged on behalf of the neocon chickenhawks sitting comfortably at home. :mad:

It's bad enough to have our soldiers (and innocent civilians) lose their lives, but having people, especially in their prime, lose bits and pieces of themselves, or be scarred beyond recognition, for something so worthless, infuriates me to no end. :mad:

Dustancostine
09-14-2007, 10:13 PM

Dean,

The photos look like they were taken during this documentary.

http://www.hbo.com/aliveday/

--Dustan

MadEmperor
09-14-2007, 10:13 PM
I was dumb and signed shit saying that I can't speak out publicly about my experience for 10 of years. Dumb, dumb, dumb. I signed away a lot of rights without even thinking about it.

http://img187.imageshack.us/img187/8076/6mosux4.jpg

The military forced you to do that? Or was it just strongly suggested?
Hope you fully recovered! OIF3 was no fun, hope it is was my last.

LizF
09-14-2007, 10:14 PM
McDermit, hope you're healthy nowadays.

Yes, I hope you are too. When/where did you serve? (If you can say)

McDermit
09-14-2007, 10:17 PM
McDermit, hope you're healthy nowadays.Thanks. :)

It was a long road to get here, but I'm healthy as can be now. And I've learned to like the scars. lol.

J4ck
09-14-2007, 10:23 PM
...god bless the inventors of these hightech prosthesis...and i hate it so much when Bush is 'jogging' with some of these vets.

Revolution9
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM

<pic snipped>

God bless you Sir.

Best Of Regards
Randy

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Dean,

The photos look like they were taken during this documentary.

http://www.hbo.com/aliveday/

--Dustan

oh... thanks. I'll never get them then!

McDermit
09-14-2007, 10:37 PM
Yes, I hope you are too. When/where did you serve? (If you can say)Thanks. I can't provide anything in depth.. but I can give you the jist of it.

My first deployment was to Afghanistan late in 2001. I returned home in 2002. Then we were redployed to Kuwait in early '03 and we moved into Iraq in April.

The injuries are from Operation Iraqi Freedom I (2003.) We lost 2 guys in a car bombing outside of Baghdad, and several of us were injured by IEDs while trying to pull them out. Two of us were in comas for more than a month.

Unfortunately, it's a rather typical story.

McDermit
09-14-2007, 10:48 PM
The military forced you to do that? Or was it just strongly suggested?
Hope you fully recovered! OIF3 was no fun, hope it is was my last.

It was strongly suggested, just a couple weeks after I came out of a coma. The 4 other guys injured in the same incident were also pressured to sign. Only one didn't. His father was a lawyer. :rolleyes:

I hadn't thought much of it early on. Hell, I could hardly think at all. I was single and my parents are native Spanish speakers, so I didn't have anyone to consult at the time. But a few months in, after having talked to the other guys, we started asking around when we were in therapy and whatnot. About half of the people in rehab early on had been presented with something similar. By the time I was discharged though, it seemed that they'd stopped pushing it.

Shiranu
09-14-2007, 11:00 PM
Damn... thats the first time I've cried in awhile.
And to think I STILL want to join the military... bah...
well, for lack of anyting else to really say...

Thank you, McDermit and all the Armed (and retired) Forces.

(edit: The crying is not just the pictures, but the...peices of shit who would say that ANYONE deserved to be fucked up for the rest of their lives like that... they honestly push me to the point of wanting to kill some one, which is a first.)

LizF
09-14-2007, 11:17 PM
Thanks. I can't provide anything in depth.. but I can give you the jist of it.

My first deployment was to Afghanistan late in 2001. I returned home in 2002. Then we were redployed to Kuwait in early '03 and we moved into Iraq in April.

The injuries are from Operation Iraqi Freedom I (2003.) We lost 2 guys in a car bombing outside of Baghdad, and several of us were injured by IEDs while trying to pull them out. Two of us were in comas for more than a month.

Unfortunately, it's a rather typical story.

Wow...thanks for sharing (what you can of) your story.

I'm glad you're back home, and I hope you continue to get better every day.

nexalacer
09-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Fuck these war-mongers. I usually try to be keep my anger at a minimum about this war, you know not let the gut overtake the brain, but these pictures have me infuriated.

Ron Paul is right... JUST COME HOME!

disinter
09-15-2007, 01:10 AM
Why aren't Bush's daughters going off to fight his war? What about Cheney's kids/grandkids? And all the rest of the crooks that voted for this illegal occupation of another country....

SwanMaiden
09-15-2007, 01:29 AM
Seeing these pictures makes Mitt "I've got 5 able bodied sons none of whom are serving yet I support the war" Romney's comments about his sons serving their country by helping him get elected even more infuriating!:mad:

Akus
09-15-2007, 03:13 AM
http://uploader.ws/upload/200709/13soldiers_011.jpg

So this guy is blind in both eyes, I don't understand what the deal is with his right eye.

SwanMaiden
09-15-2007, 03:17 AM

BarryDonegan
09-15-2007, 03:23 AM
agreed, blaming the military for following wicked orders is VERY wrong.

its UNPATRIOTIC to follow wicked orders, but it is not UNETHICAL.

in Military code not following superior order is something that will limit your survival in a dangerous situation. since the military chases dangerous situations so we don't have to experience them, they have to take more precaution and give up some of their creative control over what the conflict is. essentially follow orders or put everyone you're around's life at risk.