PDA

View Full Version : Libertarianism is a mental disorder

jdmyprez_deo_vindice
02-26-2009, 04:01 PM
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2009/02/25/is-libertarianism-a-sign-of-mental-illness/

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 04:13 PM
http://www.cato-at-liberty.org/2009/02/25/is-libertarianism-a-sign-of-mental-illness/ Yep, Cato "talks" a good line, but when the chips are down they've become STATIST to the bone, kinda like the LP. :( :p

gls
02-26-2009, 04:15 PM
Yep, Cato "talks" a good line, but when the chips are down they've become STATIST to the bone. :( :p

It is my understanding that they support the Federal Reserve.

Mini-Me
02-26-2009, 04:17 PM
Yep, Cato "talks" a good line, but when the chips are down they've become STATIST to the bone. :( :p

While this may be true (i.e. it actually is, and I agree), you clearly didn't read the article. ;) The Cato article is criticizing Harvard Law School for holding a conference that quite literally treats free market, anti-centralization mindsets as mental disorders.

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 04:18 PM
It is my understanding that they support the Federal Reserve. Pretty "free market" aren't they? :p :rolleyes:

1000-points-of-fright
02-26-2009, 04:19 PM
While this may be true, you clearly didn't read the article. ;) The Cato article is criticizing Harvard Law School for holding a conference that quite literally treats free market, anti-centralization mindsets as mental disorders.

I can't believe I'm defending Truth Warrior, but you clearly misunderstood his post.

PureCommonSense
02-26-2009, 04:20 PM
Yes, markets are SUCH a mental disorder (sarcastic.) I guess Common Sense must be a mental disorder than, too.

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 04:25 PM
While this may be true (i.e. it actually is, and I agree), you clearly didn't read the article. ;) The Cato article is criticizing Harvard Law School for holding a conference that quite literally treats free market, anti-centralization mindsets as mental disorders. I read it! I read it!

Hence my comment.

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 04:27 PM
I can't believe I'm defending Truth Warrior, but you clearly misunderstood his post. Nor can I. :eek: Maybe I misread my post. :D

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 04:29 PM
Yes, markets are SUCH a mental disorder (sarcastic.) I guess Common Sense must be a mental disorder than, too. Just for the non-voters. :D

FrankRep
02-26-2009, 04:31 PM
Read the article everyone. lol

Mini-Me
02-26-2009, 04:43 PM
I can't believe I'm defending Truth Warrior, but you clearly misunderstood his post.

I read it! I read it!

Hence my comment.

Ahhh, I get it now. I thought that Truth Warrior was referring to the article as an example of "when the chips are down" as opposed to an example of "talk[ing]" a good line. :o It kind of reminds me of: http://www.qualitytrading.com/illusions/girlwoman.html. I got it wrong. ;)

Sorry, Truth Warrior!

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 04:44 PM
Ahhh, I get it now. I thought that Truth Warrior was referring to the article as an example of "when the chips are down" as opposed to an example of "talk[ing]" a good line. :o It kind of reminds me of: http://www.qualitytrading.com/illusions/girlwoman.html ;)

Sorry, Truth Warrior! :cool: No prob. :)

A. Havnes
02-27-2009, 08:44 AM
Hey, I found it on Free Republic (http://freerepublic.com/focus/f-news/2195224/posts), too! I knew it was only a matter of time! I mean, the inability to concentrate on boring things is called a mental illness!

Quick, I need prescribed Zoloft, Depakote, Risperdal, Zyprexa, Prozac, anything! Fix my brain, I believe in conservatism! I mean, if it the treatment destroys me in the process, it's the cure that counts, right?

Xenophage
02-27-2009, 01:23 PM
One of the primary reasons the freedom movement has made such little traction over the last few decades has been infighting between the various minor factions. I hoped that the Campaign for Liberty could bring us all together.

The Cato Institute has done much to advance the cause of liberty since the 70's. They haven't always sucked. There's still quite a few Cato people that kick ass. I don't think we need to condemn the whole organization, do we?

Truth Warrior
02-27-2009, 01:29 PM
One of the primary reasons the freedom movement has made such little traction over the last few decades has been infighting between the various minor factions. I hoped that the Campaign for Liberty could bring us all together.

The Cato Institute has done much to advance the cause of liberty since the 70's. They haven't always sucked. There's still quite a few Cato people that kick ass. I don't think we need to condemn the whole organization, do we? So what are you willing to give up and/or compromise on in the name of UNITY?

Kraig
02-27-2009, 01:45 PM

The Cato Institute has done much to advance the cause of liberty since the 70's. They haven't always sucked. There's still quite a few Cato people that kick ass. I don't think we need to condemn the whole organization, do we?

Not asking everyone to agree with me, just leave me the fuck alone. That is what will bring us together.

Truth Warrior
02-27-2009, 01:49 PM
Not asking everyone to agree with me, just leave me the fuck alone. That is what will bring us together. That makes a whole LOT of sense to me. :D

Laissez Faire. ;)

Thanks! :)

The_Orlonater
02-27-2009, 03:13 PM
Why do we americans lionize schools like Harvard?

Truth Warrior
02-27-2009, 03:19 PM
Why do we americans lionize schools like Harvard? It's Ivy league. Where much of the eastern establishment power elite went to college among several other Ivy league "universities". ;)

The_Orlonater
02-27-2009, 04:08 PM
It's Ivy league. Where much of the eastern establishment power elite went to college among several other Ivy league "universities". ;)

Hah, so true. I hear this shit in highschool all the time. Oh, how the state manifests itself upon us.

ChaosControl
02-27-2009, 04:11 PM
Someone is just mad because we didn't fall for their brainwashing.