PDA

View Full Version : Sen. Chuck Hagel on Bill Maher

Mordechai Vanunu
09-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Right now on HBO.

Bill Maher actually makes an effort now not to mention Ron Paul...he told Hagel he wishes Hagel was running, said that an antiwar candidate can't win the nomination, etc. Hagel hasn't mentioned Paul either. (Hagel is strongly against the Iraq war)

max
09-14-2007, 09:21 PM
Right now on HBO.

Bill Maher actually makes an effort now not to mention Ron Paul...he told Hagel he wishes Hagel was running, said that an antiwar candidate can't win the nomination, etc. Hagel hasn't mentioned Paul either. (Hagel is strongly against the Iraq war)

i think a gag order came down from on high....

i dont understand how maher could suddenly forget about rp...

and i think hagel is a phony too....cfr member...could run 3rd praty in order to seal the win for hilary

hells_unicorn
09-14-2007, 09:24 PM
i think a gag order came down from on high....

i dont understand how maher could suddenly forget about rp...

and i think hagel is a phony too....cfr member...could run 3rd praty in order to seal the win for hilary

Agreed, he makes occasional passing references to him when he can, but it seems as if he may have been threatened with being fired "yet again" in order to keep him in line. Very disappointing, however, Maher's myspace is still registered on Ron Paul's page, so I would assume he is a silent supporter now.

they walked in line
09-14-2007, 09:45 PM
I enjoy Bill Maher's show, but he's always struck me as being a tad clueless, albeit well-intentioned. Someone really needs to tell him that "libertarian" and "libertine" are NOT the same thing.

Hook
09-14-2007, 09:48 PM
Hagel is a good guy. Too bad he is standing by his word and quiting after 2 terms. All the good people are jumping ship so that all that is left of the GOP are the evil ones.

max
09-14-2007, 09:59 PM
Hagel is a good guy. Too bad he is standing by his word and quiting after 2 terms. All the good people are jumping ship so that all that is left of the GOP are the evil ones.

The GOP is imploding. If RP doesnt win WE WILL HAVE PRESIDENT HILARY WITH HUGE DEMOCRAT MAJORITIES IN BOTH HOUSES

Soviet America!

FSP-Rebel
09-14-2007, 10:19 PM
Right now on HBO.

You're right about this, but a few minutes later Maher did briefly mention Ron Paul. Nothing special though. I thought that some of the guests were speaking like they took notes from the last Ron Paul speech.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-14-2007, 10:29 PM
I missed that, what did he say about him?

FSP-Rebel
09-14-2007, 10:36 PM
At 1st he mentioned that all GOP pres candidates were pro-war, but then he mentioned Paul's idea about why we were attacked a couple minutes later. No audience applause. The conversaton quickly moved on almost in a way to not have a reason to continue to talking about Ron Paul. But they talked about the war situation for the whole time the guests were on. And it seemed the whole panel, including Maher, were talking just like RP.

Noog
09-14-2007, 10:39 PM
Maher made a sweeping statement saying something to the effect of "the republican candidates think we can slash our way to respect". He knows full well RP doesn't think that. What's the best way to cantact Maher?

Richandler
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I'm sure Maher got told not to endorse any candidate.

Mordechai Vanunu
09-14-2007, 10:41 PM
I couldn't find any way to contact him...but he does have a message board that looks somewhat popular: http://boards.billmaher.com/index.php

I think I'll go there is an RP missionary for a bit.

The Only Woj
09-14-2007, 10:50 PM
Maher also said we should have done what Israel did after the Munich incident ... which is pretty much what RON wanted to do with the Letters of Marque and Reprisal

Mordechai Vanunu
09-14-2007, 10:52 PM
http://www.hbo.com/apps/submitinfo/contactus/submit.do?title=Real%20Time%20with%20Bill%20Maher&questiontype=realtimewithbillmaher

Salamando
09-15-2007, 04:15 PM
Ron Paul was mentioned again on the short online show after the show. Its on HBO's site but they didn't really talk about him. I'm guessing none of the panelists know who he is.