PDA

View Full Version : ABC - Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

RonPaulCentral
02-26-2009, 02:31 PM
Obama to Seek New Assault Weapons Ban

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/story?id=6960824&page=1

They really are going to far..... I don't think people are going to put up with this crap much longer.

UtahApocalypse
02-26-2009, 03:01 PM
This will start it.....

LiveToWin
02-26-2009, 04:10 PM
People might put up with a ban on the sale of; but if they try to take away the ones we have now its going to be Lexington 2.

idiom
02-26-2009, 04:22 PM
As long as he doesn't ban Mortars, Howitzers or RPGs we will be fine.

You all own man portable mortars right? You weren't going to overthrow the Government with your pea shooters were you?

daviddee
02-26-2009, 05:47 PM

ihsv
02-26-2009, 05:55 PM
I will not register. Period.

qh4dotcom
02-26-2009, 07:05 PM
The NRA and plenty of gun owners deserve all the headaches and nightmares Holder and Obama have in store for them.

The NRA should have been smart enough to realize that their stupid endorsement of C+ rated McCain wasn't going to keep Obama out of the White House. They should have done the right thing and endorsed A+ rated board member Bob Barr or A+ rated Chuck Baldwin. Also they should have endorsed A+ rated Ron Paul during the primaries. Same goes for all dumb gun owners who voted for McCain and refused to vote for Ron Paul, Barr or Baldwin. I don't feel the least bit sorry for any dumb gun owner voter who's going to suffer during the next 4 years.

I don't even have a gun and I did the right thing and voted for an A+ rated 3rd party candidate. My insignificant vote wasn't going to keep Obama out of the White House.

daviddee
02-26-2009, 07:54 PM

BlackTerrel
02-27-2009, 02:06 AM
The Obama administration will seek to reinstate the assault weapons ban that expired in 2004 during the Bush administration, Attorney General Eric Holder said today.

Here's the problem with America. People don't ask the right questions.

You want to reinstate this ban? Show me that there has been a dramatic increase in crime and death that is correlated to the lifting of this ban. Show me the data. Show me the statistics - of course they don't have any because this hasn't been the case.

But no one even asks.

tremendoustie
02-27-2009, 02:45 AM
Here's the problem with America. People don't ask the right questions.

You want to reinstate this ban? Show me that there has been a dramatic increase in crime and death that is correlated to the lifting of this ban. Show me the data. Show me the statistics - of course they don't have any because this hasn't been the case.

But no one even asks.

Great point.

The politicians only want power, and the people who support it do so because they want to run the lives of others. They're busybodies, same as with the seatbelt laws, smoking bans, etc. The thought of someone freely choosing to so something they disapprove of is intolerable to them.

Time for Change
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
These people are complete idiots.
We cannot buy full auto weapons and and grenades. They are not being supplied by us.
Are the american people actually dumb enough to fall for this?

They ban our guns to help mexico...mexico continues to get the guns and we get completely screwed. Screw mexico.

How on earth do these people get elected / appointed anyway?

The dumber you are the higher you go.

BlackTerrel
03-01-2009, 02:54 AM
Great point.

The politicians only want power, and the people who support it do so because they want to run the lives of others. They're busybodies, same as with the seatbelt laws, smoking bans, etc. The thought of someone freely choosing to so something they disapprove of is intolerable to them.

This is even far worse. At least with smoking/seat belts there is evidence of the negative effects. Where is the evidence here?

Again this ban has been lifted for 5 years now, if lifting this ban is so bad there should be evidence to support that right?

idiom
03-01-2009, 04:50 AM
At least with smoking/seat belts there is evidence of the negative effects.

When that light comes on in Airplanes it confuses me. I can't even get mine rolled up. And they never catch light anyway.

transistor
03-01-2009, 04:56 AM
If I wanted to buy an AR15 without the government knowing, would my only choice be buying it from an individual seller with cash?

idiom
03-01-2009, 04:59 AM
You can probably get a whole shipping crate from a quatermaster somewhere.

Lois
03-01-2009, 09:13 AM
Anybody know where I can watch ABC live online right now?

Time for Change
03-01-2009, 09:06 PM
If I wanted to buy an AR15 without the government knowing, would my only choice be buying it from an individual seller with cash?

Pretty much