jrich4rpaul
02-26-2009, 11:08 AM
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20090226/ap_on_fe_st/odd_good_samaritan_ticketed

gls
02-26-2009, 11:10 AM
No good deed goes unpunished.

HOLLYWOOD
02-26-2009, 11:29 AM
Everyone got tickets, well there's one way to make/'rob money for the government. This is the NEW GOVERNMENT at ALL levels. People need to wakeup and realize just how much the government threw us overboard 30 years ago and is screwing all of us one way or another.

Also, the other man also was cited for jaywalking, while the pickup driver was cited with careless driving that led to injury. Sullivan said the two elderly women haven't been cited but the investigation is ongoing.

ItsTime
02-26-2009, 11:33 AM
investigation is ongoing

good use of tax payers money. Lets see if we can spend 10,000 to give a $50 ticket...

Gosmokesome
02-26-2009, 11:45 AM
good use of tax payers money. Lets see if we can spend 10,000 to give a $50 ticket...

Tax payer, lol. I don't pay taxes, men with guns come and steal my money.

RickyJ
02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
Rewarding a hero with a ticket. The only one that should have got a ticket here is the driver.

Pedestrians ALWAYS have the right of way, cross walk or not.

RoyalShock
02-26-2009, 12:33 PM
Everyone got tickets, . . .

Not quite. The two elderly women did not. But the investigation is still "ongoing". Yeah, right.

Ticket the helpers, but not those who required the help and created the situation to begin with. "But, but, they're elderly!!!!"

Bleeding-heart, class-warfare governance at its finest.

Deborah K
02-26-2009, 12:50 PM
He can fight it in traffic court. I recently fought a red-light camera ticket and won.

angelatc
02-26-2009, 12:56 PM
I know a worse story.

I met a guy at a party once, years ago, and he told me that he was involved in a lawsuit as a result of an auto-vs-pedestrian accident he was involved in. He was walking in the road, and a car hit him, knocking him into the middle of the road. That car kept going, but the car behind them stopped and the driver got out to check on him. The guy in the road was badly hurt, and the driver of the car that stopped ran back behind his car to try to flag down help - specifically somebody to call an ambulance, as this was before the days of cell phones.

The first car that came by swerved around the Good Samaritan, and actually ran over the guy who was still laying in the street. He didn't stop either.

So, the guy got hit, twice, was suing the guy who stopped to help him, because (according to his lawyer) he should have parked his car across the road to block traffic.

Sick world we live in. Some laws have good samaritan laws to prevent bull like that from happening.

dannno
02-26-2009, 12:57 PM
He can fight it in traffic court. I recently fought a red-light camera ticket and won.

How?

Deborah K
02-26-2009, 01:00 PM
How?

I was following an ambulance that was carrying my husband. Traffic judges give consideration to extenuating circumstances.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-26-2009, 01:34 PM
What would Jesus do? I think that cop is stupid.<TBH> ;)

robert4rp08
02-26-2009, 11:19 PM
He's a good samaritan for walking two elderly ladies into traffic than 'saving' them? He caused the accident. Come on. Haha

Zuras
02-26-2009, 11:32 PM
Sometimes there is more than meets the eye in these cases.

Many years back I got into an accident on the highway. It was dusk and legally everyone should have had their lights on. A guy ahead of me had stopped his car in the middle of the road with no hwadlights or parking/hazard lights.(65 MPH speed limit) and suddenly cars were slamming on their brake and driving off the curb off the road to miss the guy. Turns out he stopped to help someone who was moving a couch and the couch fell off their truck near the divider in the highway. A nice guy, but a dumb guy.

I ended up putting a nice fat dent across the right side of his car which he later filed a claim for against my insurance company. The police man that arrived was supposed to ticket the guy, but because he was "being a good smaratan" he opted not to give him a ticket. It nearly cost him his badge because the insurance company took it to court and it turned into a giant mess because the cop never filled out a ticket for the guy despite the guy admitting what had happened. The cop was being a nice guy, and the guy who I hit was being a nice guy. but that doesn't mean much whn I and the isnurance company nearly ended up having to pay for their mistakes. So it would not surprise me if certain PD's have strict rules for giving out tickets where anyone could have been or was injured, physically or mentally.

Welcome to the age of consuamte litigation.