PDA

View Full Version : This needs to be on TV

disinter
09-14-2007, 08:42 PM
Ok, this should really be an ad on TV, this is friggin awesome:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Iqlnl-T3Gxk

LizF
09-15-2007, 12:07 AM
I like his message, but his intonation would drive a lot of folks crazy.

cac1963
09-15-2007, 12:13 AM
I like his message, but his intonation would drive a lot of folks crazy.

Maybe if he drew a breath once in a while it might help. But you're right, his voice has the nails-on-blackboard effect after a few minutes of it.

BLS
09-15-2007, 12:14 AM
He makes alot of good points. Just because he's not a great speaker doesn't mean his message is wrong. Remind you of anyone?

buffalokid777
09-15-2007, 12:17 AM
Not the best delivery....

But a GREAT message....

I give it two thumbs up for southernrs and the heartland....

1 thumbs up for the northeast and west coast....

LizF
09-15-2007, 12:22 AM
He makes alot of good points. Just because he's not a great speaker doesn't mean his message is wrong. Remind you of anyone?

Touche...but the original poster mentioned putting this on TV.

I agree wholeheartedly about the message being on point, I just think the guy on the YouTube clip could polish his delivery a bit more, especially since his remarks are prepared beforehand, I believe.

Unfortunately some of the "unconverted" look at style over substance first, whether we like it or not.

disinter
09-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I think the narrator sounds good. Maybe this would go over better in the south.

MsDoodahs
09-15-2007, 10:52 AM
I've heard the Southern Avenger before, his voice is not the best but it doesn't grate on my Southern ears.

I can tell you that I have trouble listening to various northeastern accents without cringing.

:)

McDermit
09-15-2007, 11:00 AM
I can't take more than 30 seconds of it. :o

LibertyEagle
09-15-2007, 11:04 AM
His message is wonderful. He's right on point.

If I could stop and dream for a minute that we could actually afford to put something like this on TV, then yes, I would vote for it to be redone with a more polished speaker.

But, that's really a dream, isn't it? 4:30 of airtime would be astronomical.

richard1984
09-15-2007, 11:05 AM
I've heard the Southern Avenger before, his voice is not the best but it doesn't grate on my Southern ears.

I can tell you that I have trouble listening to various northeastern accents without cringing.

:)

I hear ya there. For real...*shiver/cringe*. I don't have a Southern accent (my voice is pretty neutral, though I've grown up in the South), but I'd much rather listen to people with Southern accents (with the exception of some of them, like people in Jefferson County...good Lord their accent is grating!!!) than people with some of those harsh Northern accents. It just don't sound perdy to my ears. I'm sure I'd get used to it, though. ;)

I just think the narrator in the video is trying too hard--he's over-pronunciating his words, and it's pretty annoying. Just chill out dude. Maybe have a couple of drinks or something before you read next time. :p

mavtek
09-15-2007, 11:27 AM
Like I said a while back, what should we send this guy?