PDA

View Full Version : Clearwater Business owner getting $500-a-day fine for posting the Constitution!

FrankRep
02-25-2009, 10:58 PM
$500-a-day fine for posting Constitution
Man fights back: 'This is for every businessman that's ever been railroaded'

February 25, 2009

World Net Daily
Tampa Bay

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90011

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/article967057.ece

JohnMeridith
02-25-2009, 11:39 PM
tax dollars hard at work....one of these days, hopefully in the near future, people in the community wil tar and feather a "public servant" that pulls that bs.

Josh_LA
02-26-2009, 02:52 AM
where's Scientology when you need 'em?

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-26-2009, 03:01 AM
I would be shocked if this business owner won just based on the facts in the news articles.

He submitted to the jurisdiction of the code enforcing body and pleaded no contest. At this point he was found in con-compliance, fined, and ordered to come within compliance.

He should have challenged the jurisdiction of the board not because it would make any difference before the board but to get the full evidence of record in place for an appeal. That is the only purpose to show up.

Will be interesting to see the outcome.

tremendoustie
02-26-2009, 03:10 AM
$500-a-day fine for posting Constitution
Man fights back: 'This is for every businessman that's ever been railroaded'

February 25, 2009

World Net Daily
Tampa Bay

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=90011

http://www.tampabay.com/news/localgovernment/article967057.ece

What a bunch of petty tyrants :mad:.

Brooklyn Red Leg
02-26-2009, 03:47 AM
Why am I not surprised. Its The People's Democratic Republic of Pinellas County, one of the real fascist shitholes in Florida. Poor bastard.

Kraig
02-26-2009, 08:19 AM
Every government official responsible down to the person who collected the fine should be thrown in jail for theft.

How do they have a law that says businesses can't have a sign that depicts what they are selling anyways? How do they expect them to even conduct business?? As usual, the government has NO PROBLEM taxing the life out of profitable businesses while at the same time passing/enforcing law after law that makes running a profitable businesses more and more difficult.

The dunkin doughnuts example in the comments in the is priceless too, obviously there is some favoritism going on and I would not AT ALL be surprised if one of the city council members owns a competed business and did this to try and curb the competition.

Local governments do that sort of thing all the time.

s35wf
02-26-2009, 09:03 AM
this Bs goes on down here in FL all the time. I was paying almost 4K a month for a location on I Drive. Had to deal with harrasment from code enforcement constantly. I can pay 4K for rent; but cannot have a sign for advertisement. Landlord of property said you can put sign here; but code enforcement said no, cant have it there, its not allowed to be seen from street. Put signage where code enforcement says its allowed, but then property owner/landlord says No we dont want it there. After several months of almost daily pain in the ass shit trying to accomodate BOTH landlord and code enforement; I gave up the location. Fuck em. NO sign; No check for 4K month. Put me out of business for awhile back then.

I no longer have a business in that industry anymore, to much BS. I sometimes work parttime for others i know still in the industry, but everything has gone sincerely downhill in the last 1-2 years.

angelatc
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
where's Scientology when you need 'em?

I suspect if he joined them this issue might go away. Clearwater is a nasty dirty town since they took over. Bragging that they improved the look of Gulf-To-Bay is laughable. It looks like a warehouse district.

ChaosControl
02-26-2009, 10:18 AM
What a stupid city, you can't paint on your own building?
Authoritarianism at work.

gls
02-26-2009, 10:23 AM
IIRC Clearwater is more or less owned by the "Church" of Scientology. Considering the circumstances, somehow I doubt this guy is a member...

Josh_LA
02-26-2009, 11:44 AM
IIRC Clearwater is more or less owned by the "Church" of Scientology. Considering the circumstances, somehow I doubt this guy is a member...

I doubt Sea Org hates fish on walls.

HOLLYWOOD
02-26-2009, 11:53 AM
tax dollars hard at work....one of these days, hopefully in the near future, people in the community wil tar and feather a "public servant" that pulls that bs.

"Public Servant" now there's a Oxymoron that Paradoxically serve absolutely no purpose to which they are conjugated descriptive.

Live_Free_Or_Die
02-26-2009, 11:54 AM
nt