PDA

View Full Version : Making liberty Pamphlets -- ACTION!!

TruckinMike
02-25-2009, 10:25 PM
EDIT: READ my second post...
EDIT: READ my third post...

Well its been a year or so and what do I have to say for myself? I've done nothing for the cause of Liberty. Nope, NADA, nothin'! I thought it was high time that 'Ol TruckinMike shifted it out of granny and into over-drive!

I thought to myself Hhhmm, Pamphlets... I could make one page b/w pamphlets and pass them out at the truckstop restaurants to folks waiting for their meal. With nothing to read other than a menu, i thought this was quite an ingenious plan. Pat pat pat.:D Heck, If Sam Adams could print up flyers on a crude press, then I could at least make a trip to Office depot and run off a few hundred copies for Freedom.

...However i need some critiquing and advice.

Concept:

Step I
http://farm4.static.flickr.com/3161/3310066523_a0b8e62e38_o.jpg
This image in the first column at the top, followed by three of our unalienable rights that we have lost or that have been severely curtailed. Here lies the Problem. I want points other than the 2nd amendment, and want real life examples.

1. free speech - University "free speech zones"

2. ???

3. ???

I'm drawing a blank on anything thats does not have to be explained in detail or is NOT controversial conspiracy stuff. --- I need to make a poignant statement in a single sentence.

Any ideas???

Step II

then a fews words on complacency... with an image of a cup of coffee and "its time to wake up and smell the coffee" followed by an article fitting of a patriots pamphlet. -- my first will be by Stewart Rhodes,Mandatory Manual of Constitutional Interpretation (http://stewart-rhodes.blogspot.com/2009/02/bill-of-rights-constitutions-built-in.html) .

Step III

then some founding father quotes pertinent to the article and saving America

Step IV

The action request -- I will urge folks to first copy this pamphlet and give it out to at least ten other folks, then visit the Campaign for liberty website for more info on saving America.

well thats the jist of it... Any suggestions???

Now remember.. my target audience is hungry truckers and travelers. I want this pamphlet to be short(one page folded in half), intriguing, and motivational.

TMike

TruckinMike
02-27-2009, 09:25 AM
I have a Challenge that would make Sam Adams proud...

$20 donation(I'll pay) to the Campaign for liberty for the best 1 page liberty leaflet. -- (a double sided single page folded in half)

So far I'm the WINNER!. I won't post my leaflet until all entries have been received. ;)
post here for entry.

TMike

TruckinMike
03-01-2009, 11:50 PM
The Challenge is over!! I won.:D

Here is the winning pamphlet/leaflet. --

Leaflet (http://truckinmike.com/Truckinmike%20pages/rhodes%20pamphlet.pdf)

BTW - the leaflet is a double sided standard page folded in half. You will notice that on the first page the first two columns are the last two of the leaflet. They will be on the back side when folded.

TMike

TruckinMike
03-02-2009, 07:12 AM
Bump!
http://www.cartoonstock.com/lowres/ear0392l.jpg

I'm starting to wonder if anybody is really out there.... could it be that all the views are from the same insane person? -- Switching IPs to keep their identity a mystery? Hhhmmm??

Go figure.....

phill4paul
03-02-2009, 07:18 AM
"Nine Nazgul of the supreme court"? Is that a LOTR reference? I don't think many will get it. Other than that it seems ok on a cursory read. Let me get my morning java and I give it another look. :)

TruckinMike
03-02-2009, 07:45 AM
"Nine Nazgul of the supreme court"? Is that a LOTR reference? I don't think many will get it. Other than that it seems ok on a cursory read. Let me get my morning java and I give it another look. :)

I'm assuming the reference was from the LOTR's... But being that the "Manual of Constitutional Interpretation" was written by Stewart Rhodes and not good 'ol truckinmike - I would be guessing.

I wanted to make a leaflet that educated folks at a root level. I believe The Constitution is a good place to start. -- thus the Rhodes article. What prompted the leaflet was talking with truckers at truckstops - They needed something to put their hands on. Something that was definitive and solid. I thought this was a good place to start.

TMike

Imperial
03-02-2009, 07:08 PM
Seems maybe a bit wordy for the average reader, but that is in the body and good for the interested thirsty for more if the beginning attracts them. The introduction is good for pulling you in. And the fact it is black and white means you can mass produce it cheaper.

I say it looks pretty good.

TruckinMike
03-02-2009, 09:02 PM
Seems maybe a bit wordy for the average reader, but that is in the body and good for the interested thirsty for more if the beginning attracts them. The introduction is good for pulling you in. And the fact it is black and white means you can mass produce it cheaper.

I say it looks pretty good.

Wordy-- yes, you might be right. I just liked the simplicity behind the interpretation method. It was an eye opener for me -- i thought it might be for others as well. However i may be a little to hopeful. I may be judging others by my own interest. my next one may be filled with simple facts about our country - where we were and where we are headed.

The point to all this was to get the facts to the uninformed brainwashing media watchers. I will have an ongoing series of these. If you have any ideas please share.

And the fact it is black and white means you can mass produce it cheaper.

I was hoping that a few folks may actually make copies and pass them out.

I'm building a website that will house the leaflets so anyone can pick and choose the leaflet that they want. temporary website (http://truckinmike.com/)

TMike

TruckinMike
03-08-2009, 10:40 AM
WoW! - That could suffice for todays post! However... I'll blather on a bit longer about all the leaflet excitement... PEOPLE love these things! Its a snippit of information that they can get their minds around. Its not too much at once --- but the real good news is that it gets folks thinking about things other than sports - etc...

I've had many folks walk up to me after reading this leaflet and thanking me for doing what I'm doing. -- And then questioning me about where to go etc..--

I'm going to update my website (http://truckinmike.com) with pertinent links etc.

And one more thing -- What would a be a good article to include in my next leaflet? What info on a basic level needs to get out?? The left/ right paradigm? Military industrial complex, The federal reserve???

My goal is to have 100 basic leaflets that anyone can printout and handout at particular events - or just use as an everyday info dissemination tool.

So whose with me??

Thanks, TMike

JoshLowry
03-08-2009, 11:17 AM
I have some photoshop experience if you need help.

Just let me know what text you want and what photos.

TruckinMike
03-08-2009, 06:45 PM
Josh...Thanks for your help... I just might take you up on that offer. If you haven't seen the leaflet, here it is -- PDF leaflet (http://truckinmike.com/Truckinmike%20pages/rhodes%20pamphlet.pdf)

Note: The Leaflet was designed to be printed on both sides, then folded in half.

If you (or anybody) have any ideas for improvement please share.

TMike

tpreitzel
03-08-2009, 07:40 PM
Apparently, the 3rd page is missing ...

TruckinMike
03-08-2009, 08:36 PM
Apparently, the 3rd page is missing ...

There isn't a third page -- When I converted the document to PDF it tacked on the blank third page. Who knows why...

If the layout was confusing its because the first print page was the first and last page of the leaflet when folded. The second print page was the inner 2nd and 3rd page of the leaflet. The third print page was blank.

Other than that... any other constructive criticism? Note: the leaflets are designed for folks that DO NOT spend hours on the computer -- instead its for folks that get their news from the Main stream media. And watch to much sports.

TMike

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-09-2009, 02:10 AM
I have a guerrilla flyer idea I am sharing. It is not what you are looking for but I am just throwing it in addition to what you got going for the hell of it. Can send you a hi res printable version or make edits, if necessary. This thing is just screaming circulate me.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/lf0d/end-the-fed.jpg

TruckinMike
03-10-2009, 08:08 PM
I like your overall concept. I do need a leader - an attention getter. Can you make something relating to us losing our liberty in the same simple manner with graphics. I need something that would grab a lazy persons attention -- and then make them want to read more.

If not, no worries, this is just a fun little project I thought I would take on. I found myself - NOT spreading the freedom message like I should - thus I thought a leaflet would be easy to pass out at the truckstop dinner bar.

I do have plans for a fed res leaflet - maybe your flyer would work with it. -- But I need it designed around Black and white for low cost printing.

Thanks, TMIKE

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-10-2009, 11:21 PM
I like your overall concept. I do need a leader - an attention getter. Can you make something relating to us losing our liberty in the same simple manner with graphics. I need something that would grab a lazy persons attention -- and then make them want to read more.

If not, no worries, this is just a fun little project I thought I would take on. I found myself - NOT spreading the freedom message like I should - thus I thought a leaflet would be easy to pass out at the truckstop dinner bar.

I do have plans for a fed res leaflet - maybe your flyer would work with it. -- But I need it designed around Black and white for low cost printing.

Thanks, TMIKE

I hear you on the black and white. I am not the best person to come up with finished flyers. I do not have access to any large royalty free galleries. I do not utilize fonts as well as others. I post an occasional flyer here an there mainly to stimulate the idea pool. I do not actually expect anyone to use one of my flyers in raw form. I think there are some people around here who have some incredible photoshop skills. I have seen some of my ideas or concepts from flyers I have done resurface here and there. I am more of a silent contributor. Here is another idea I posted in another thread Mike.

http://i715.photobucket.com/albums/ww156/lf0d/liberty-forest.jpg

tpreitzel
03-11-2009, 12:35 AM
If the layout was confusing its because the first print page was the first and last page of the leaflet when folded. The second print page was the inner 2nd and 3rd page of the leaflet. The third print page was blank.
TMike

I suppose so. I looked at it briefly without actually printing one. I'll have to print a test sample ... Basically, the format is good for its intended purpose. If the sample prints well, I know just the place to distribute these pamphlets. ;)

tpreitzel
03-11-2009, 12:40 AM
I have a guerrilla flyer idea I am sharing. It is not what you are looking for but I am just throwing it in addition to what you got going for the hell of it. Can send you a hi res printable version or make edits, if necessary. This thing is just screaming circulate me.

Will you be without a chair when ... should probably read "Will you be without a house (especially subsidized ones) when ... ;) ahhhhh the 1930s all over again.

Live_Free_Or_Die
03-11-2009, 01:36 AM
Will you be without a chair when ... should probably read "Will you be without a house (especially subsidized ones) when ... ;) ahhhhh the 1930s all over again.

Taken under advisement and next time I open it up I will incorporate your suggestion. As far as my own opinion I agree with Mike. I like the concept. There are a few things I dislike such as the amount of space it takes. Seems like the same point could be conveyed in a smaller space. Also the #1 should probably just read money you receive or something like that. Some wording that omits "someone else"

I also don't like the musical chair cartoon. Seems like a cartoon could be done that would help convey the point much better. Was just something I was able to find easily.