PDA

View Full Version : Repeated Unknown Caller Was C4L

Birdlady
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM
I'm posting this to inform all of you of what my husband and I experienced today. Today we had been getting a lot of Unknown calls. This is not normal for us. When I would answer the phone, no one would be there. It was driving both me and my husband crazy. We had at least 6 of them today.

Finally at around 8:40PM, when we answered the phone it was someone in a very loud call center working for the Campaign 4 Liberty with Ron Paul. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but whoever is using this call center to mass dial people is likely ticking off people. I have no problems with C4L calling for donations, but the no answers I do have a problem with. We told her to take us off the calling list, which is sad because we donated several times during RP's campaign.

I don't want to see C4L doing this to other supporters in the future.

Cheers,
Dana

MRoCkEd
02-25-2009, 08:08 PM
That's weird about them hanging up. Other people around here have received the call playing a recording of Ron Paul and John Tate asking for donations - not sure if they got more than one like you did.

RSLudlum
02-25-2009, 08:09 PM
I got one earlier tonight and had no problem with it but it was quite a long call.

ItsTime
02-25-2009, 08:10 PM
email C4L and ask if they are doing that.

Birdlady
02-25-2009, 11:59 PM
That's weird about them hanging up. Other people around here have received the call playing a recording of Ron Paul and John Tate asking for donations - not sure if they got more than one like you did.

They were probably using an auto dialer, calling more than 1 number at a time. Whoever answers first they go to and the other numbers get hung up on.

This wasn't a recorded message. It was a real person asking for donations.

acptulsa
02-26-2009, 07:18 AM
email C4L and ask if they are doing that.

x2. If someone is doing some Nixonian ratf**king to the C4L we really, really want to know and want them to know. Please do this and post the response, as you can specifically ask if your phone number is or was on their list.

Aratus
02-26-2009, 11:13 AM
!!!!!

Debbie Hopper
02-26-2009, 12:29 PM
We are working with a call center to contact RP supporters on behalf of Dr. Paul and the Campaign for Liberty. A live operator should be on the line when you pick up the call to let you know that he/she has a recorded message for you from Dr. Paul. If you indicate that you would like to hear the message, then Dr. Paul's message is played. I'm a little puzzled that it's showing up on your phone as unknown. Your caller ID should show it as a call from Dr. Paul.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will be sure to let John Tate know of the problem you encountered, but do want to assure you that the glitch you encountered was the rare exception, not the norm.

pahs1994
02-28-2009, 01:04 PM
I kept getting a call from some wierd 202 area code. When i was finally around to answer it, It was a girl saying she had a message from DR paul and Tate. I listened to the pretty long message and agreed to fill out a survey and then this woman was on me about donating money for C4L for about 5 minutes. I have no money =( so i had to say no... several times lol

malkusm
02-28-2009, 01:07 PM
That's what the missed number from a DC area code was the other day! Too bad I missed the call.

But, no, they only called me once.

WRellim
02-28-2009, 01:15 PM
I'm posting this to inform all of you of what my husband and I experienced today. Today we had been getting a lot of Unknown calls. This is not normal for us. When I would answer the phone, no one would be there. It was driving both me and my husband crazy. We had at least 6 of them today.

Finally at around 8:40PM, when we answered the phone it was someone in a very loud call center working for the Campaign 4 Liberty with Ron Paul. I'm not trying to be confrontational, but whoever is using this call center to mass dial people is likely ticking off people. I have no problems with C4L calling for donations, but the no answers I do have a problem with. We told her to take us off the calling list, which is sad because we donated several times during RP's campaign.

I don't want to see C4L doing this to other supporters in the future.

Cheers,
Dana

Similar experience here.

They're wasting money preaching [calling] to the choir.

BTW I didn't actually let her give me the spiel -- I mean of what value is there in calling me? (seriously) -- and I also I figured it would end with a beg for more money for CFR/CFL (and until they actually start DOING something purposeful, THAT ain't gonna happen!)

angelatc
02-28-2009, 01:34 PM
We are working with a call center to contact RP supporters on behalf of Dr. Paul and the Campaign for Liberty. A live operator should be on the line when you pick up the call to let you know that he/she has a recorded message for you from Dr. Paul. If you indicate that you would like to hear the message, then Dr. Paul's message is played. I'm a little puzzled that it's showing up on your phone as unknown. Your caller ID should show it as a call from Dr. Paul.

Please accept my apology for any inconvenience this may have caused you. I will be sure to let John Tate know of the problem you encountered, but do want to assure you that the glitch you encountered was the rare exception, not the norm.

We got one today, and that's exactly how it played out. My husband got bored and hung up about 10 minutes into Tate's portion.

angelatc
02-28-2009, 01:35 PM
That's what the missed number from a DC area code was the other day! Too bad I missed the call.

But, no, they only called me once.

THey will probably call again. I missed them a few times, and once they called and wouldn't speak with me because I wasn't David.

That was a bit insulting because I worked harder on the campaign that Dave did, but whatever.