PDA

View Full Version : Glenn Beck Claims Support for Legalizing Marijuana!

Kotin
02-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Glenn Beck just had the head of the marijuana policy project on his show..

I thought for sure this would be a hit piece..

he was criticizing California for wanting to legalize pot to get tax revenue..

and he was being retarded at first( reminiscent of old Glenn)

but then he really surprised me... first of all with the guest not being a neocon drug warrior but a pro marijuana lobbyist..

but aside from making fun of Cali for their motives.. he said again that he was a libertarian and believed that there is no reason it should not be legal like alcohol and tobacco..

he said he has smoked marijuana.. hes making progress guys..

Bruno
02-25-2009, 04:21 PM
:cool: :D

Beck, you're on the right track. Don't let us down now (again) !

Mini-Me
02-25-2009, 04:25 PM
I really am starting to like him more and more. I mean, he still has his rough spots (foreign policy especially), but his views seem to come closer to ours with every passing day. Sure, he's a talking head, so he can't necessarily be "trusted," but he's certainly doing more good than bad at the moment. :D

RevolutionSD
02-25-2009, 04:31 PM
And yet he still supports the War on Drugs at large and the so-called "war on terror." :mad:

Kotin
02-25-2009, 04:32 PM
And yet he still supports the War on Drugs at large and the so-called "war on terror." :mad:

I am not so certain about his views on the War on Drugs but I agree with you on your other point.

dannno
02-25-2009, 04:33 PM

According to t0rnado he said that he wants all drugs legalized and not taxed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=181155

He Who Pawns
02-25-2009, 04:34 PM
The trouble with Beck is that he's really weird and mentally unstable. I'm glad to see that he is becoming more libertarian and more correct on the issues, but I worry about him being seen by the public as the face of libertarianism.

Only a year ago he was calling us "terrorists"... so don't be fooled into thinking he has changed his ways completely.

Kotin
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
The trouble with Beck is that he's really weird and mentally unstable. I'm glad to see that he is becoming more libertarian and more correct on the issues, but I worry about him being seen by the public as the face of libertarianism.

Only a year ago he was calling us "terrorists"... so don't be fooled into thinking he has changed his ways completely.

He has come a long way.. but John Stossel will always be the face of Libertarianism in the MSM

1000-points-of-fright
02-25-2009, 04:35 PM
According to t0rnado he said that he wants all drugs legalized and not taxed.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=181155

Not quite what he said. He said that we should have that discussion instead of what CA is doing... legalizing it in a panic so we could tax it just because we need money.

zach
02-25-2009, 04:43 PM
Hm.. get Dr. Paul on again to discuss this, then I might reconsider my skepticism. ;)

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-25-2009, 04:44 PM
Not quite what he said. He said that we should have that discussion instead of what CA is doing... legalizing it in a panic so we could tax it just because we need money.

I agree with that point of view. It will most likely be caught up in partisan bickering and trying to add pet projects to the legislation. if only given a short amount of time to write and pass the legislation i can see this backfiring on California and the entire legalization movement. Hopefully they invite NORML and others who are well educated on Marijuana rather than leaving it to the state legislature and a few others.

It is however progress. If it does work this could be the platform for which NORML and other organizations can use to legalize across the country. I give it ten years.

Bruno
02-25-2009, 05:18 PM
I agree with that point of view. It will most likely be caught up in partisan bickering and trying to add pet projects to the legislation. if only given a short amount of time to write and pass the legislation i can see this backfiring on California and the entire legalization movement. Hopefully they invite NORML and others who are well educated on Marijuana rather than leaving it to the state legislature and a few others.

It is however progress. If it does work this could be the platform for which NORML and other organizations can use to legalize across the country. I give it ten years.

We don't have ten years

Cowlesy
02-25-2009, 05:27 PM
I enjoy watching his show.

You're always in for a surprise.

mport1
02-25-2009, 05:29 PM
Now he needs to learn that ALL drugs should be legalized and the "war on drugs" needs to be completely stopped.

brandon
02-25-2009, 05:35 PM
What's next? Is he going to claim he's a voluntaryist next week and that we should abolish all speed limits?

Cowlesy
02-25-2009, 05:39 PM
What's next? Is he going to claim he's a voluntaryist next week and that we should abolish all speed limits?

hahahahaha

I got so confused with your Truth Warrior avatar

RevolutionSD
02-25-2009, 05:42 PM

His message is completely inconsistent and damaging to the freedom movement as long as he supports war (collectivism at its worst).

Smoke the Liberty Tree
02-25-2009, 06:23 PM
We don't have ten years

Well you will be living in you bunker underground somewhere thinking the government is out to get you while i am actually trying to make a difference within the system. Quit the gloom and doom, it just makes ron paul supporters look like paranoid drug addicts.

paulitics
02-25-2009, 06:49 PM
His message is completely inconsistent and damaging to the freedom movement as long as he supports war (collectivism at its worst).
As long as he supports these, I give him an F.

Pre-Emptive war, Patriot Act, Torture, Miltary Comissions act, Fisa.

I'm hoping he comes around, but not long ago he was talking about how great his mythical hero Jack Bauer was for torturing in some neocon fantasy situation that does not occur in the real world.

Anti Federalist
02-25-2009, 06:51 PM
hahahahaha

I got so confused with your Truth Warrior avatar

Yeah.

WTF:confused:

He Who Pawns
02-25-2009, 06:52 PM
Giving up warmongering seems to be the last thing these GOP guys can't give up before embracing a more libertarian outlook. I think most of their blustering about gay marriage and abortion and all that crap is just for the radio or TV, to keep their religious fans happy.

But the warmongering seems to be difficult to give up for these guys.

RevolutionSD
02-25-2009, 07:19 PM
Giving up warmongering seems to be the last thing these GOP guys can't give up before embracing a more libertarian outlook. I think most of their blustering about gay marriage and abortion and all that crap is just for the radio or TV, to keep their religious fans happy.

But the warmongering seems to be difficult to give up for these guys.

The CFR/gov't/military-industrial complex controlled media doesn't like true libertarians.

Rangeley
02-25-2009, 07:40 PM

Where exactly did he call Ron Paul supporters terrorists?

AJ Antimony
02-25-2009, 07:44 PM
hes making progress guys..

Oh yeah and coincidentally a Democrat just replaced a Republican in the White House.

If Beck still talks this talk with a new Bush Republican in the WH then I'd believe it.

mediahasyou
02-25-2009, 07:52 PM
From what I've heard, the producer is more libertarian than Beck is. And little by little over the past year Beck has moved toward libertarianism as a result.

DAFTEK
02-25-2009, 07:59 PM

Amen, i can honestly say forgive him, i am also a recovered sheep.. :eek::rolleyes::D

Indy4Chng
02-25-2009, 08:29 PM
Oh yeah and coincidentally a Democrat just replaced a Republican in the White House.

If Beck still talks this talk with a new Bush Republican in the WH then I'd believe it.

Did you watch his show on CNN headline news... for a msm conservative he was about as critical of Bush as anyone... he blames republicans everytime he has them on as the reason we are in this mess. I really think he has said about the same since I started watching him about 6-8 months ago (Mitch was out of the race so I have no idea how he was before that).

jcarcinogen
02-26-2009, 01:05 AM

Ironic that the UN says that opium problems around the world has skyrocketed in the last few years and the time US's interventionist policy in Afghanistan seem to coincide. :rolleyes:

The biggest source of opium globally, accounting for 90 percent, remains strife-torn Afghanistan (http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5gC-ukkJeSoSjrL3yVBeU0i_NY-ZAD96J3CIG2)

tremendoustie
02-26-2009, 01:42 AM
Amen, i can honestly say forgive him, i am also a recovered sheep.. :eek::rolleyes::D

I'm certainly ready to forgive, and I'm glad at the many ways he's coming around, but let's not forget he's still pro-war. This is a major, major point -- so, he's not a "recovered" sheep at all yet. Still, great to see him start to come around on drugs.

dannno
02-26-2009, 01:54 AM
Where exactly did he call Ron Paul supporters terrorists?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rc4OJWH1nE

Xenophage
02-26-2009, 02:48 AM
I'm against legalizing it so we can tax it. I want to legalize it, period!

speciallyblend
02-26-2009, 04:01 AM
I'm against legalizing it so we can tax it. I want to legalize it, period!

i hear you;)

speciallyblend
02-26-2009, 04:03 AM

beck knows we stopped watching his show. he is just trying to suck up to us:) it might just work,hehe

what was my fox unblocking code again? 420??

kathy88
02-26-2009, 05:29 AM
I'm certainly ready to forgive, and I'm glad at the many ways he's coming around, but let's not forget he's still pro-war. This is a major, major point -- so, he's not a "recovered" sheep at all yet. Still, great to see him start to come around on drugs.

Recovery is progress, not perfection. And there has been monumental progress from this time last year. I'm giving him props.

Rangeley
02-26-2009, 07:19 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Rc4OJWH1nE

Yea, I've seen this video in the 'Glenn Beck: "Ron Paul supporters are domestic terrorists"' topic. The only problem is, as far as I can tell, this quote appears nowhere in the video, nor does anything similar to it occur either. Could you point out where he calls us terrorists?