PDA

View Full Version : " Due to ongoing copyright negotiations, this product is still not yet available."

Jeremy
02-25-2009, 10:59 AM
Wasn't the Rally for Republic DVD supposed to be out in November or something? ._.

MRoCkEd
02-25-2009, 11:31 AM
yeah.. :(

AdamT
02-25-2009, 12:47 PM
Last I heard they were waiting on music to clear....that was 2 months ago.

TruthisTreason
02-25-2009, 12:54 PM
:(:(

MRoCkEd
02-25-2009, 01:32 PM
http://christianranter.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/veruca_salt.jpg
I want it now!

Matt Collins
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Last I heard they were waiting on music to clear....that was 2 months ago.Yeah ALL of the music in the recording MUST be cleared before they can sell it.

If not then it's creative editing that's needed. During the intro/outro music they should've used a royalty-free library at the event. Whoops...

RedStripe
02-25-2009, 04:16 PM
Intellectual Property is B.S.

Matt Collins
02-25-2009, 04:29 PM
Intellectual Property is B.S.Well first off it's not property, it's a government granted privilege. And secondly the Constitution disagrees with your premise.

RedStripe
02-25-2009, 04:36 PM
Well first off it's not property, it's a government granted privilege. And secondly the Constitution disagrees with your premise.

1. Yes, but as it currently stands, all property is government granted privilege.

2. A document written by the colonial elite over 200+ years ago has absolutely no authority.

AdamT
02-25-2009, 04:42 PM
Yeah ALL of the music in the recording MUST be cleared before they can sell it.

If not then it's creative editing that's needed. During the intro/outro music they should've used a royalty-free library at the event. Whoops...

Yeah I can't imagine clearing Tom Petty "I Won't Back Down" is cheap. And I'm sure they have to clear every song by that Sara Evans country singer if they're including that in the vid.

We clear indie music all the time, takes a few days at the most. IMO opinion using mainstream pop hits is a total waste of money, and time - unless it's for a Hollywood film that has a budget in the many millions. There's endless indie music that's just as good, or at least delivers the same drama, etc.

Matt Collins
02-25-2009, 04:54 PM
1. Yes, but as it currently stands, all property is government granted privilege. Sadly that is the de facto way it is.

2. A document written by the colonial elite over 200+ years ago has absolutely no authority.Riiiight. When you overthrow the federal government, then you might have some grounds. Until then... it's looking doubtful.