PDA

View Full Version : How Many Non-Voters Do We Have?

Pennsylvania
02-25-2009, 08:52 AM
I'd like just to see how many conscientious non-voters we have.

I feel that the concept of voting (as it currently exists in the political system) is irreconcilable with the philosophy of liberty and the morality of non-aggression.

An important note: I am not referring to voting made by individuals who consent to the final decision made by the vote and whose final decision does not affect persons who did not vote, nor am I referring to voting in forum polls.

RevolutionSD
02-25-2009, 10:07 AM
Voting is violence.

eOs
02-25-2009, 10:15 AM
Ideology sometimes conflicts with the real world.

pcosmar
02-25-2009, 10:22 AM
If you don't vote.
Well then, you have nothing to say about the outcome. :cool:

Truth Warrior
02-25-2009, 10:28 AM
If you don't vote.
Well then, you have nothing to say about the outcome. :cool: Ahh, so the voters are responsible for the outcomes? OR do you have nothing to say? :D

heavenlyboy34
02-25-2009, 10:30 AM
If you don't vote.

If you vote, can I blame you for the outcome? ;):cool:

Danke
02-25-2009, 10:31 AM
I vote so non-voters don't have to.

Pennsylvania
02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
If you don't vote.

I've never understood why people say this. To me, this is the equivalent of saying:

"If you don't choose the heroin needle or the crack pipe, you have no right to point out the negative health effects of drugs"

Agree or disagree? Why or why not?

pcosmar
02-25-2009, 10:48 AM
Ahh, so the voters are responsible for the outcomes? OR do you have nothing to say? :D

NOT So
I voted in the minority, and against the policies.
We did not win, but I do have a complaint and can voice it.
I can say "told ya so".
Not voting gives you no right to gripe.
you did nothing to oppose , you have no stake in the outcome.

Go away and sit on your hands. :cool:

Truth Warrior
02-25-2009, 10:58 AM
NOT So
I voted in the minority, and against the policies.
We did not win, but I do have a complaint and can voice it.
I can say "told ya so".
Not voting gives you no right to gripe.
you did nothing to oppose , you have no stake in the outcome.

Go away and sit on your hands. :cool: Incorrect! You played the rigged game by choice and consent and LOST. You have NOTHING to rightfully complain about.<IMHO> You agreed to abide by the outcomes, going in. :p Roll your dice and take your chances.

Those tyrannized by your game, without consent, are the ONLY ones entitled to complain about the outcomes. You know that VAST MAJORITY of "We the People".

Go away and sit on your thumb and spin. :rolleyes:

"Truth is treason in the empire of lies." -- Ron Paul

Pennsylvania
02-25-2009, 11:00 AM
Those tyrannized by your game, without consent, are the ONLY ones entitled to complain about the outcomes.

Couldn't have said it better myself.

Pennsylvania
03-01-2009, 08:54 AM
I was thinking today, that although I do not vote in the general election because this would force others to subsidize my decision, voting in the primary season could nevertheless be justified as this forces nobody to subsidize anything which he or she disagrees with. Party members are free to leave the party at any time, and funding comes through voluntary means. Therefore, non-voters, I would recommend that we participate in the primary season and vote within the party.

What do you think?

Carole
03-01-2009, 09:20 AM
I vote, and do not see a moral issue with voting because I always vote for the man, not the mainstream candidates.

Last election I voted for Cong. Dr. Ron Paul. I did nothing to compromise my principles.

Kludge
03-01-2009, 09:22 AM
What if we voted for an anarchist, or someone else who would reduce aggression committed by the collective government?

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 10:01 AM
I was thinking today, that although I do not vote in the general election because this would force others to subsidize my decision, voting in the primary season could nevertheless be justified as this forces nobody to subsidize anything which he or she disagrees with. Party members are free to leave the party at any time, and funding comes through voluntary means. Therefore, non-voters, I would recommend that we participate in the primary season and vote within the party.

What do you think? I think it just kinda distorts the WHOLE meaning of NON-VOTER. :D

2young2vote
03-01-2009, 10:48 AM
I don't vote because i am not old enough but i will when i can. I think you can complain about the results of the vote no matter who you voted for.

Roxi
03-01-2009, 11:00 AM
If you don't vote.

i don't vote for a fart, but i do complain about the outcome :D

roho76
03-01-2009, 11:08 AM
I voted for Baldwin this time around because of his Constitutional stance (not his religious background for I am not a believer) but in the future I refuse to vote unless there is a candidate that I believe in wholeheartedly.

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 11:09 AM
I don't vote because i am not old enough but i will when i can. I think you can complain about the results of the vote no matter who you voted for. Why? The voters sanctioned the process AND the results FOR the voters. What do they have to complain about?

tremendoustie
03-01-2009, 11:24 AM
Why? The voters sanctioned the process AND the results FOR the voters. What do they have to complain about?

To vote does not mean to endorse the moral outcome of the vote, just as to try to block a punch does not mean you endorse the black eye you get if you do not succeed.

I do not endorse our current political system, and it's because of that that I will do everything I can, including vote, to reform it.

It is only immoral if you are trying to enforce your views on others through violence. If you are seeking to reduce the amount of force and violence wielded by the federal government, it is defense, not offense.

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 11:37 AM
To vote does not mean to endorse the moral outcome of the vote, just as to try to block a punch does not mean you endorse the black eye you get if you do not succeed.

I do not endorse our current political system, and it's because of that that I will do everything I can, including vote, to reform it.

It is only immoral if you are trying to enforce your views on others through violence. If you are seeking to reduce the amount of force and violence wielded by the federal government, it is defense, not offense. In not even ONE of the elections I have boycotted, on principle over the last 37 years ( all of them ), would my vote have changed the outcome of ANY of them whatsoever. ;) I'll bet that yours didn't either.

Tribal party ( collectivists ) of Amerika, UNITE! :p

Thanks! :)

tremendoustie
03-01-2009, 01:20 PM
In not even ONE of the elections I have boycotted, on principle over the last 37 years ( all of them ), would my vote have changed the outcome of ANY of them whatsoever. ;) I'll bet that yours didn't either.

Tribal party ( collectivists ) of Amerika, UNITE! :p

If all of those who boycott voting were to vote, it very well could change things.

I simply don't agree that to vote is to endorse the process and the outcome. It's simply just another thing you can do to try to defend yourself.

I'm not a collectivist, don't use spurious arguments.

LibertyEagle
03-01-2009, 01:30 PM
“I have many friends in the libertarian movement who look down on those of us who get involved in political activity,” he acknowledged, but “eventually, if you want to bring about changes … what you have to do is participate in political action.” -- Ron Paul

http://www.amconmag.com/article/2008/sep/22/00019/

TurtleBurger
03-01-2009, 01:52 PM
I hate voting and up until this year, I abstained. This year I voted (and even participated in the local GOP) out of loyalty to Dr. Paul, but I don't know if I'll be doing it again.

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 02:08 PM
If all of those who boycott voting were to vote, it very well could change things.

I simply don't agree that to vote is to endorse the process and the outcome. It's simply just another thing you can do to try to defend yourself.

I'm not a collectivist, don't use spurious arguments. I'd have to say that's a mighty big IF. Why wouldn't it just turn out to to be just about the same tribal ( collectivist ) ~50/~50 split between the MAJOR tribal ( collectivist ) parties?

Are you an individualist? I don't believe that I did. ;)

Remember the main and top priority, divide and conquer, power and control. :(

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 02:13 PM
I hate voting and up until this year, I abstained. This year I voted (and even participated in the local GOP) out of loyalty to Dr. Paul, but I don't know if I'll be doing it again. I was sorely tempted for the first time in a VERY long time. My principles bailed me out, fortunately. ;) :)

Thanks!

surf
03-01-2009, 02:22 PM
two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

seriously, i think the lamest argument made relative to voting is the one that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. because i have voted in every election does not mean that i have any more right to complain about the political/economic clusterf#ck the state/country is in than someone who does not vote. we should all realize this.

as the god-squaders would love to point out - rights are "god-given" or as others would point out - rights are "natural." they are not determined by whether or not you vote.

KCIndy
03-01-2009, 02:53 PM
Damn.

If there are this many anti-establishment people who won't bother to vote at all, it's no wonder Ron Paul had so much trouble gaining traction. :(

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 02:56 PM
Damn.

If there are this many anti-establishment people who won't bother to vote at all, it's no wonder Ron Paul had so much trouble gaining traction. :(

http://i75.photobucket.com/albums/i304/Truth_Warrior/lewrock0305a.gif
"Visit LewRockwell.com, an outstanding and crucially important Web site I visit every day." -- Ron Paul.
"THE REVOLUTION, A MANIFESTO" ( page # 158 ), http://www.lewrockwell.com/ (http://www.lewrockwell.com/) ;)

Natalie
03-01-2009, 02:58 PM
I vote just so that the Libertarian Party knows they have some supporters. Even though it's basically pointless.

Truth Warrior
03-01-2009, 03:01 PM
two wolves and a lamb voting on what to have for dinner.

seriously, i think the lamest argument made relative to voting is the one that if you don't vote you have no right to complain. because i have voted in every election does not mean that i have any more right to complain about the political/economic clusterf#ck the state/country is in than someone who does not vote. we should all realize this.

as the god-squaders would love to point out - rights are "god-given" or as others would point out - rights are "natural." they are not determined by whether or not you vote. How about, if you don't pay taxes you have no right to complain? A number of the FFs liked that one. ;) :D Solution: only tax the voters.