PDA

View Full Version : I, for one, thought Jindal was pretty good.

AggieforPaul
02-25-2009, 03:25 AM
I know he's not Ron Paul or anywhere near, but he had some killer lines last night. My favorite one was: "Who among us would ask our children for a loan, so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?"

And plus, this guy walks the walk. Not accepting the federal aid was great.

Obama is going to be a one term President. The stimulus is going to tank hard, and he's going to get the blame.

AggieforPaul
02-25-2009, 03:31 AM
Then again, he's probably just talking. He'd probably greatly over spend and over tax if he were actually elected.

paulitics
02-25-2009, 08:50 AM
I know he's not Ron Paul or anywhere near, but he had some killer lines last night. My favorite one was: "Who among us would ask our children for a loan, so we could spend money we do not have, on things we do not need?"

And plus, this guy walks the walk. Not accepting the federal aid was great.

Obama is going to be a one term President. The stimulus is going to tank hard, and he's going to get the blame.

Reagan had some great lines too, but horrible performance.
Jindal, Sanford and possiby Rick Perry are positioning themselves to run for president on an anti-Obama platform. Someone is going to have to at least appear like Reagan to have any chance to pull in a disenfranchised America.

Genn Beck just said that the federal government can go around Jindal anyway, so it could merely be symbolic. LOL.

Johnnybags
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Anytime CNN says "rising star" a few years out you know its all a disaster. The last "rising star" was Obama a few years out. They are simply conditioning the peasants to back him. It worked last time. Of course Obama is gone in four years, the dems will get wiped out but the replacement being a republican "rising star" is a disaster as well. They think Charlie in Florida is a great governor?

angelatc
02-25-2009, 08:54 AM
Jindal seems to be the neocon favorite.

Jindal faced the threat of a recall election when he said he was going to renege on a campaign promise, and sign a bill that would have doubled the LA legislature salaries. He caved under the pressure, and the very significant possibility that he was going to lose his seat.

I am not sold on him.

Original_Intent
02-25-2009, 10:14 AM
I liked what he said last night, and I like that he refused the bailout money.

It's a good start, but I am too wary of "say one thing to get elected, do another once in office" politicians.

Worth watching if he can maintain a consistent record for the next three years, that won't make him a Ron Paul, but could make him worth paying attention to.

Aratus
02-25-2009, 10:21 AM
bobby jindal, in his quiet way, is clearly revving up so he can be happily running in 2012...
the RNC let him become a household name even if the speach is lowkey and laid back...

Freedom 4 all
02-25-2009, 10:29 AM
Reagan had some great lines too, but horrible performance.
Jindal, Sanford and possiby Rick Perry are positioning themselves to run for president on an anti-Obama platform. Someone is going to have to at least appear like Reagan to have any chance to pull in a disenfranchised America.

Genn Beck just said that the federal government can go around Jindal anyway, so it could merely be symbolic. LOL.

I wouldn't compare Reagan to Jindal, definitely not yet. As disappointing as Reagan was, Jindal needs to become a lot better to be close to his caliber. Jindal as far as I'm concerned is Bush in a different shade.

pcosmar
02-25-2009, 11:32 AM
I, for one, thought Jindal was pretty good.

Pretty good at what?

Shilling for Obama,,Yeah , saw that.
Advancing the cause of Globalists,,, yup that too.
Confusing and redirecting the issues,, from what I saw but I had to stop watching.

I can't afford to buy a new computer, had to shut him off.

thasre
02-25-2009, 11:33 AM
Jindal is actually pretty decent on spending and fiscal issues, but his record on civil liberties is ATROCIOUS. ATROCIOUS. This is a guy who passed a law mandating chemical castration for convicted sex offendors, for example. He also gave uninhibited support for the war in Iraq, and as far as I know still does. It's not worth it to me to have someone who's good with free market stuff but wants to control every other aspect of people's lives, in this country and others.

paulitics
02-25-2009, 11:43 AM
Jindal is actually pretty decent on spending and fiscal issues, but his record on civil liberties is ATROCIOUS. ATROCIOUS. This is a guy who passed a law mandating chemical castration for convicted sex offendors, for example. He also gave uninhibited support for the war in Iraq, and as far as I know still does. It's not worth it to me to have someone who's good with free market stuff but wants to control every other aspect of people's lives, in this country and others.

The two opposing philosphies can't be resolved by mere rhetoric alone. It sounds like he is a statist, and will thus spend like one. We've been down this road before. It is no wonder they are grooming another giant turd for America.

Mesogen
02-25-2009, 04:00 PM
Yes, as rhetoric goes, it was pretty good.

And plus, this guy walks the walk. Not accepting the federal aid was great. He was going to "look into" whether or not he would take 2% of the money. The other 98%, hell yeah.

Obama is going to be a one term President.
Don't bet on it.

The stimulus is going to tank hard, and he's going to get the blame.

The economy will recover IN SPITE of the stimulus and he will get the credit.

pcosmar
02-25-2009, 04:47 PM
The economy will recover IN SPITE of the stimulus and he will get the credit.

To quote your previous statement.

Don't bet on it.