PDA

View Full Version : Thompson and Huckabee are our threats!

Matt Collins
09-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Our main two threats are Thompson and Huckabee. We have GOT to figure out how to get votes from those two to Ron Paul.

constituent
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
let them mess it up for themselves... huckster is doing great so far.

wgadget
09-14-2007, 07:23 PM
Huckabee seems to draw the evangelicals, but his lying about Ron Paul is not very Christian and should be exposed.

Fred is on the path to self-destruction and is NOT an issue.

McDermit
09-14-2007, 07:25 PM
The other campaigns are getting all attack happy now. These guys are sure to get hit soon.

njandrewg
09-14-2007, 07:25 PM
Fred - give him a microphone

wgadget
09-14-2007, 07:26 PM
I guess Fred most recently dissed Cuban-Americans by saying that they're gonna come over here with suitcase bombs....geez.

chiefsmurph
09-14-2007, 07:28 PM
Wow. I'm surprised I'm hearing this about Fred. I really wish it was true, but everything from polls to people I talk to are saying Fred. Why do you think he is going to crash and burn?

I guess considering all the other candidates past, he is just bound to, but is there anything to assure me until then?

ItsTime
09-14-2007, 07:30 PM
By them attacking and RP not backing down will do them more harm than good. I say bring the fight. They would not be fighting him if they did not think he is a creditable threat.

quickmike
09-14-2007, 07:31 PM
huckster doesnt have money............... hes gone

Just check out his website and youll see what types of places hes spending his time going to............ some little pizza place in the middle of BFE Iowa and things like that. Pfffft....... hes not a contender.

chiefsmurph
09-14-2007, 07:33 PM
Its not like RP is rolling in the dough yet, either though...at least for now.

ItsTime
09-14-2007, 07:35 PM
huckster doesnt have money............... hes gone

Just check out his website and youll see what types of places hes spending his time going to............ some little pizza place in the middle of BFE Iowa and things like that. Pfffft....... hes not a contender.

Bad for us if he is out, more money going to the shit tier candidates :rolleyes:

apropos
09-14-2007, 07:36 PM
A republican candidate's stance on illegal immigration has the power to end any campaign.

Fred Thompson has a lackadaisical history on fighting illegal immigration. Most people have the false assumption that he is tough on illegal aliens. If they think he is supportive of amnesty, he will not get votes. He has been trying to shore up his reputation, but the history speaks volumes.

http://grades.betterimmigration.com/testgrades.php3?District=TN&VIPID=743&retired=1

Thompson is also backed by the Council of Foreign Relations.

Here are some Thompson quotes on illegal immigration and further details.

On a path to citizenship: “[B]ecause we allowed ourselves to wait until we woke up one day and found 12 million illegals here, there’s no easy solution. And I think that you have to realize that you’re either going to drive 12 million people underground permanently, which is not a good solution. You’re going to get them all together and get them out of the country, which is not going to happen. Or you’re going to have to, in some way, work out a deal where they can have some aspirations of citizenship, but not make it so easy that it’s unfair to the people waiting in line and abiding by the law.” (Fox News’ “Hannity & Colmes,” 4/3/06)

http://www.plnewsforum.com/index.php/forums/viewthread/18610/

hells_unicorn
09-14-2007, 07:37 PM
Thompson and Huckabee are both Southerners, that is what their edge is with the Republican base. Giuliani and Romney are both North Easterners with socially liberal records, that won't fly in places like South Carolina.

stevedasbach
09-14-2007, 07:38 PM
Right now, we just need to focus on getting votes FOR Ron Paul, not taking them away from specific candidates.

quickmike
09-14-2007, 07:43 PM
Wow. I'm surprised I'm hearing this about Fred. I really wish it was true, but everything from polls to people I talk to are saying Fred. Why do you think he is going to crash and burn?

I guess considering all the other candidates past, he is just bound to, but is there anything to assure me until then?

Those "polls" as they so loosely refer to them, are telephone polls whos participants are mostly elderly people and party loyalists who make up about 25 percent of voting america at the present time. No cell phones, nobody under 21, nobody who has left the party, nobody who considers themselves independant, centrists, libertarians, moderate republicans who are not registered republicans, right leaning democrats..... the list goes on and on. Fred is hype and little more. He cant debate himself out of a wet paper bag, his rallies look like funerals and he always seems to make his campaign staff quit after a few months with him.

Hes a joke........... the media just hypes him because hes been on television.

apropos
09-14-2007, 07:49 PM
I also think that Ron Paul is the only one who could beat Hillary. That alone would scare millions into voting for him. :)

chiefsmurph
09-14-2007, 07:50 PM
Absolutely, that should be one of his main fighting points. I can't beleive that he hasn't thrown that around a little more. Its really the truth.

lynnf
09-14-2007, 08:20 PM

Fred is a fake "conservative" - when that is found out, he's cooked. In addition,
his health is questionable.

lynn

Duckman
09-14-2007, 11:29 PM
Wow. I'm surprised I'm hearing this about Fred. ... Why do you think he is going to crash and burn?

Mainly because he IS crashing and IS burning.

I've heard so many negative things about him in the last week or so.

1) Didn't participate in the debate on the day he announced and got negative press.
2) Made baffling statement about Al Qaeda and smoking laws
3) Recent revelation that he was at one time a lobbyist for a family planning group

I also understand talk radio and Fox News are no longer fond of him. HMM...

billm317
09-14-2007, 11:41 PM
This is such a perfect year for RP to be running. There isn't a clear-cut candidate for MSM to push through. There's at least one thing about all of em that isn't appealing to the GOP. In the mean time, dice up that pro-war vote!

SWATH
09-14-2007, 11:41 PM
Yea, and get this! Fredheads on other sites are claiming that Fred is the right man because the biased mainstream media and the elite powers that be are trying to smear and/or ignore him because they are shaking in their boots from the way he is going to take this election like a freight train. HAHAHAHAHA

The Only Woj
09-14-2007, 11:42 PM
we need to push the issues regarding the insane debt we have. I don't see the other candidates touching on this, instead pushing on a war that costs more and more. this is what we need to get out there.

Matt Collins
09-15-2007, 12:02 AM
Right now, we just need to focus on getting votes FOR Ron Paul, not taking them away from specific candidates.I disagree.

Taking votes away from other candidates is very important. This is a competition, and there is only 1 winner. We DON'T want to be on the losing side of this.

Remember both Huck and Fred prop themselves up as conservative. Most people who vote for them will be conservative. If we can make their base realize that there is a better option, then we can win.