PDA

View Full Version : If You're A Serious Minded Patriot, The Time Has Come

fedup100
02-24-2009, 06:58 PM
MOD NOTE: This is a planning thread. Please keep the thread on topic. If instead of planning, you are interested in debating the merits of this project, please see this thread: http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=180037

-----------------------------------------------

Do you really think just posting and responding to copious threads about trivial matters will give us back our freedoms? Ever since Paul lost and cut us free, this forum has just coasted along without a purpose or goal. We have the power of large numbers of people and we squander it and the little time we have left doing nothing meaningful!

The time has come to ask the burning question of the people on this forum. Do you really want to try and do something that will save your country? If so I offer this idea again.

Are you satisfied that the Sheriff is the final authority? Can you see that if we had Sheriff's like Richard Mack in our counties, the Fed Gov would have a much harder time taking our freedoms from us.

Is this plan the magic bullet, no, but this plan will leave a mighty big hole in the target.

Sheriff Mack took time out to come here and answer your questions personally. Those who placed doubt on the original thread did not even have the courtesy to respond to Sheriff Mack for obvious reasons.

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=180523

http://www.ronpaulforums.com/showthread.php?t=180037

I am asking you to seriously consider this as a project for this forum. We need to focus our energies on something that will make a difference, something that can make a huge impact. This idea is easy and simple.

1. Raise a little money and send or deliver the books to the 3000 county sheriff's. Click on your State for the info. www.naco.org

2. Find people through the forums that would like to either run for Sheriff or support through donations a true constitutional candidate to run against existing Sheriff's.

3. Raise funds to run full page ads in the small newspapers in the areas where we are running a candidate to educate the locals.

That's it, real simple real sweet and real doable.

I realize that some of you need to read the book "The County Sheriff, America's Last Hope" and then you may see that you must join us. Please order the book and read it, it is a small book. Others will follow the recommendation of others. Here is the link to order the book.

http://www.sheriffmack.com/index.php/books-by-richard-mack

Either way, we need to start work on this now. We are out of time and out of liberty. Time is of the essence. I will respect your answer whether it is yay or nay, just please respond.

phill4paul
02-24-2009, 07:03 PM
Do you really think just posting and responding to copious threads about trivial matters will give us back our freedoms? Ever since Paul lost and cut us free, this forum has just coasted along without a purpose or goal. We have the power of large numbers of people and we squander it and the little time we have left doing nothing meaningful!

The time has come to ask the burning question of the people on this forum. Do you really want to try and do something that will save your country? If so I offer this idea again.

Are you satisfied that the Sheriff is the final authority? Can you see that if we had Sheriff's like Richard Mack in our counties, the Fed Gov would have a much harder time taking our freedoms from us.

Is this plan the magic bullet, no, but this plan will leave a mighty big hole in the target.

Sheriff Mack took time out to come here and answer your questions personally. Those who placed doubt on the original thread did not even have the courtesy to respond to Sheriff Mack for obvious reasons.

I am asking you to seriously consider this as a project for this forum. We need to focus our energies on something that will make a difference, something that can make a huge impact. This idea is easy and simple.

1. Raise a little money and send or deliver the books to the 3000 county sheriff's. Click on your State for the info. www.naco.org

2. Find people through the forums that would like to either run for Sheriff or support through donations a true constitutional candidate to run against existing Sheriff's.

3. Raise funds to run full page ads in the small newspapers in the areas where we are running a candidate to educate the locals.

I realize that some of you need to read the book "The County Sheriff, America's Last Hope" and then you may see that you must join us. Please order the book and read it, it is a small book. Others will follow the recommendation of others. Here is the link to order the book.

Either way, we need to start work on this now. We are out of time and out of liberty. Time is of the essence. I will respect your answer whether it is yay or nay, just please respond.

Give us some time to receive and read his books. Sheesh.;):D

fedup100
02-24-2009, 07:07 PM
Give us some time to receive and read his books. Sheesh.;):D

Yes, I agree folks need a bit of time to read it, but we can still take a head count. After all, we had the Sheriff himself here to assure us the Sheriff is the final authority in his county.

constituent
02-24-2009, 07:46 PM

1) What's this "we" shit?

2) Nothing new under the sun... where were you (damned near) 2 yrs. ago when I was hollerin' the same damn thing? and now you want to lecture? I agree w/ your point, but spare us the guilt trip bullshit, eh?

LibertyEagle
02-24-2009, 07:49 PM
Oh, c'mon Constituent. She's just trying to get something going.

fedup100
02-24-2009, 08:25 PM
1) What's this "we" shit?

2) Nothing new under the sun... where were you (damned near) 2 yrs. ago when I was hollerin' the same damn thing? and now you want to lecture? I agree w/ your point, but spare us the guilt trip bullshit, eh?

I don't know, I think the hospital. :(

Sandra
02-24-2009, 08:37 PM
I think we need to start rethinking the thread titles we post. For example, most on this forum are patriots, so to suggest that to be a "serious patriot" means all others must undertake your project and projects an undercut of our efforts. It also opens the thread to hostility from the beginning.

constituent
02-24-2009, 08:51 PM
I don't know, I think the hospital. :(

nothing personal... don't get me wrong. sorry to "make an example" out of your post, so to speak, 'cuz i do agree w/ what you're saying (aside from the "time has come," rhetoric... even though i do appreciate the power of such statements and why you would employ them. i just think that too often around here such statement are innocuous enough when used sparingly. But unfortunately, their overuse has lead to a "end is nigh, do or die, my way or the highway, 'let history know that you were not my countryman' -or however it goes- atmosphere that just wears--actually wore, long ago--me thin on the whole shootin' match.

anyway, you're fighting the good fight, so keep it up.

fedup100
02-24-2009, 08:56 PM
I think we need to start rethinking the thread titles we post. For example, most on this forum are patriots, so to suggest that to be a "serious patriot" means all others must undertake your project and projects an undercut of our efforts. It also opens the thread to hostility from the beginning.

Well I didn't mean it that way. I like you am just trying to get a good thing going. I just figured some here are those not willing to work hard at this or wouldn't be interested thus "Serious" seemed to work. :D

constituent
02-24-2009, 08:58 PM
Well I didn't mean it that way. I like you am just trying to get a good thing going. I just figured some here are those not willing to work hard at this or wouldn't be interested thus "Serious" seemed to work. :D

people do what they will when they can, and that's their right, their prerogative... it doesn't make them wrong, less patriotic, etc.

you know this though, i'm pretty sure, kinda just stating the obvious just 'cuz.

fedup100
02-24-2009, 09:22 PM
bump

Athan
02-24-2009, 11:53 PM
We are on board with the idea.

hillbilly123069
02-25-2009, 12:29 AM
Ship me a half dozen and I'll make sure the local sheriff's in mine and the immediate surrounding counties all get 1 in their hand.

dr. hfn
02-25-2009, 02:40 AM
bump

LibertyEagle
02-25-2009, 04:16 AM
Off-topic posts have been moved to the Debate thread, here:

This is a planning thread. Please allow it to be kept on topic.

Thanks.

TigerPrwn
02-25-2009, 07:39 PM
I have ordered several books and am definitely on board with the project. If all goes well, I will order more. I think it would be great to share our different experiences with our local sheriffs in order to trouble shoot any possible reactions/actions. I think the most important hurdle will be getting them to actually read the book, and then making sure we follow up.

Truth Warrior
02-26-2009, 01:13 PM
"The original American patriots were those individuals brave enough to resist with force the oppressive power of King George. I accept the definition of patriotism as that effort to resist oppressive state power. The true patriot is motivated by a sense of responsibility, and out of self interest -- for himself, his family, and the future of his country -- to resist government abuse of power. He rejects the notion that patriotism means obedience to the state." -- Ron Paul

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-26-2009, 01:22 PM
I like turtles.<IMHO> ;)

reduen
02-26-2009, 01:25 PM
Already ordered and am waiting on the book.... :cool: