PDA

View Full Version : Peace March, Saturday September 15th, 2007

tangent4ronpaul
09-14-2007, 05:35 PM
About the peace march in DC tomorrow, Saturday the 15th.

I confirmed with the campaign that they are not encouraging Meetups to go to this, however the person I talked to indicated that many Ron Paul supporters will be attending.

This really is a good opportunity to find the kind of supporters for our side that get out and do things – the Meetup 10 – 25%. The point here is to reach out to the people attending the event, not the media. Particularly valuable to contact are members of the 2 Iraqi veterans against the war groups. There will be church groups, student groups, AFSC (Quakers), environmentalist groups, peace groups and tons of people not associated with anyone. Yes – the Communist Party USA is almost guaranteed to show up – so if they give you cooties, best to skip it. This is being organized by United for Peace and Justice, a broad coalition of 1,300 peace groups against the war, though the specific event is being sponsored by ANSWER.

What we don't want to do is advertise to the media, giving the impression that we support ANSWER or some of the more left wing groups there, so if you want to go to this a couple of suggested dos and don'ts:

DO: wear a Ron Paul shirt, bring lots and lots of flyers/slim jims, etc. and a water bottle/snack items and really work the crowds. Keep moving and handing out literature to anyone that indicates interest.

DON'T: bring banners, signs to wave or hang out near the news media camera's.

They are pretty well organized as to buses and carpools, so even if you are in a nearby state, it may be easy to get there and back home.

Further information can be found here:

http://www.unitedforpeace.org/

http://www.sept15.org

Nathan

james1844
09-14-2007, 07:07 PM
I will NOT be attending. I do not support the war, but the best way to end it through the conventional political system by electing Ron Paul.

Best,

James

wgadget
09-14-2007, 07:08 PM
Will Freedom's Watch be there? LOL.

apropos
09-14-2007, 07:19 PM
Be sure to tell them that Hillary won't pull the troops out, and Obama was talking about expanding the war to Pakistan at one point.

They can be unaffiliated and still vote for the republican ticket. On the day of the election, just go to the voting site and tell the staff that you want the republican primary ticket. Registered democrats would have to change their affiliation to independent or republican.