PDA

View Full Version : Why is there is a Selective Service when we have an individual right to bear arms?

dude58677
02-24-2009, 02:22 PM
An armed populace can defend the homeland from invasion. In fact that is one of the reasons it exists.

Ex Post Facto
02-24-2009, 02:25 PM
Because it only selects those not exempt from having to defend their countries. In an ideal world all would be available to be called to action. If there truly was a threat, why wouldn't we commit every resource at it?

dude58677
02-24-2009, 02:39 PM
Because it only selects those not exempt from having to defend their countries. In an ideal world all would be available to be called to action. If there truly was a threat, why wouldn't we commit every resource at it?

If anyone invaded our country, I would grab a gun and shoot the invaders if they came into my community. I know you would as well.

Truth Warrior
02-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Just in case you MIGHT decide to use it. :D ;)

fr33domfightr
02-24-2009, 03:17 PM
An armed populace can defend the homeland from invasion. In fact that is one of the reasons it exists.

According to Wikipedia.org:

"The Selective Service System serves at least two purposes. It is the means by which the United States administers military conscription. It entails registering all males between the ages of 18 and 26 with the system for the purpose of having information available about potential soldiers in the event of war. Registration for Selective Service is also required by certain U.S. departments, before one's application for employment may be considered."

I'm sure most of us realize the actions of the Selective Service is unconstitutional. We are born "Free." This freedom is given to us by our creator, not given to us by a government. Therefore, we are free to choose to fight or not fight as we see fit.

FF

AJ Antimony
02-24-2009, 03:23 PM
Because the state likes to defend our country "over there"

powerofreason
02-24-2009, 03:31 PM
Well lets see... The government steals from, murders, kidnaps, and imprisons innocent people on a daily basis. Is it really surprising that they enslave innocent people as well? Of course not. Your answer is, they are criminals. Criminals act only to enrich themselves and their friends.

James Madison
02-24-2009, 09:42 PM
Why is there Selective Service when involuntary servitude is illegal?

Truth Warrior
02-25-2009, 08:09 AM
Why is there Selective Service when involuntary servitude is illegal? Just in case you don't choose to "volunteer", kinda like with the "voluntary" income tax ( extortion ) part time slavery.

Anyone beginning to see the patterns here? ;)