PDA

View Full Version : 2008-2009 shall be known in history as.....

RonPaulCentral
02-24-2009, 05:29 AM
In the history books in the future I predict it will read:

"2008-2009 The Great Arming of the United States"

I have coined this phrase and want to have a written record of it somewhere. Here will do just fine... :D

Gun and ammo sales are off the scale. Every ChinaMart in our area has been sold out of everything for weeks except shotgun shells.

You can still get ammo online....

Anyhow! ARM UP! Everyone else has.....

mconder
02-24-2009, 08:55 AM
The gun store in my area had to move to a space 4 times the size it used to be in. It has 8-10 people working at any given time compared to 2 before this economic crisis unfolded. It takes 15-20 minutes just to get near the counter to talk with the gun salesman. There are usually 30-50 customers in the store any time of the day lately. It takes 3 hours to finalize a gun sale there.

I remember back before all this crazyness, I could walk in and have the owner's full attention and service until I left. Not anymore. People really are arming themselves like crazy.

ihsv
02-24-2009, 09:37 AM
mconder, you don't live near South Bend, IN, do you?

RonPaulCentral
02-24-2009, 04:11 PM
Stats for one of the larger stores in my area:

Feb 08 - Average 10 gun sales a day
Feb 09 - Average 110 gun sales a day

Every ChinaMart in our area is sold out of EVERYTHING except for Shotgun shells.

EVERYTHING.... 22LR, .308, .223, 9mm, .45, .38, .357, .40 --- all have been out of stock for almost a month.

I am a member of a private range here by my house. I love to shoot, always have, so I go to the range at least 2 times a week (I was there 45 min ago actually). We now have a minimum of *50* new members a month now applying to become members.

I talk to a lot of people and the one common theme is this.... No matter what laws they pass these people will NOT turn over or license their guns regardless of what madness comes out of D.C.

Unfortunately I think this is going to end on an ugly note sometime in the not so distant future. I hope things don't turn this way I can't imagine any sane person would... but I have to admit... if it comes down to it I will not lay down my 2nd Amendment rights either.

Bruno
02-24-2009, 04:14 PM
Stats for one of the larger stores in my area:

Feb 08 - Average 10 gun sales a day
Feb 09 - Average 110 gun sales a day

Every ChinaMart in our area is sold out of EVERYTHING except for Shotgun shells.

EVERYTHING.... 22LR, .308, .223, 9mm, .45, .38, .357, .40 --- all have been out of stock for almost a month.

I am a member of a private range here by my house. I love to shoot, always have, so I go to the range at least 2 times a week (I was there 45 min ago actually). We now have a minimum of *50* new members a month now applying to become members.

I talk to a lot of people and the one common theme is this.... No matter what laws they pass these people will NOT turn over or license their guns regardless of what madness comes out of D.C.

Unfortunately I think this is going to end on an ugly note sometime in the not so distant future. I hope things don't turn this way I can't imagine any sane person would... but I have to admit... if it comes down to it I will not lay down my 2nd Amendment rights either.

America has a much different gun culture than England and Australia. Americans will not give up their guns as easily as the citizens of those countries did.

Xenophage
02-24-2009, 06:26 PM
2008-2009, known by historians in the 23rd century as, "The Age of Being Between Ages Whereby Age Naming Is Appropriate."

nodope0695
02-24-2009, 06:38 PM
The year America died. The year the weaklings inherited the nation.