PDA

View Full Version : Peter Schiff, Man Behind Grassroots Race Against Dodd [NBC Conneticut Article]

Austin
02-24-2009, 12:12 AM
http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Peter-Schiff-Man-Behind-Grassroots-Race-Against-Dodd-.html

"If I wanted to and put in the effort, I could probably get the Republican nomination...

Timing's Right

The timing could be optimal if Schiff does decide to run. A recent Quinnipiac University poll showed that more people disapprove of Dodd than approve for the first time since the school started doing the poll.

"Sen. Dodd is vulnerable. His approval has sunk to a new low," poll director Douglas Schwartz said when the poll was released. "The mortgage controversy has taken a toll on his approval rating. Most voters are not satisfied with Dodd's explanation and say they are less likely to vote for him next year because of it."

Peter Schiff for Senate 2010 issued a news release Monday morning revealing the till to this point.

Just over 700 people have made donations averaging about $33. To date, Schiff’s supporters have collected $23,286.

http://www.nbcconnecticut.com/news/local/Peter-Schiff-Man-Behind-Grassroots-Race-Against-Dodd-.html

What can we do to convince Peter to run... Considering the lack of willingness to donate to PEAC, to a theoretical Senate run, perhaps we should start an online petition to gauge the level of support.. ?

torchbearer
02-24-2009, 09:45 AM
a petition works.
i'd love to email him and encourage him to do so... but i'm sure he gets enough emails as it is.

ItsTime
02-24-2009, 09:47 AM
If Schiff were to run he would be on MSM 24/7 that is for sure. I would donate just to see him in the national light even more than he is now

Jeremy
02-24-2009, 09:55 AM
I think the people who live near his area, the southwest part of the state, should put up signs. So we need some signs! That way when he sees the signs he knows he has supporters.

ItsTime
02-24-2009, 09:57 AM
I think the people who live near his area, the southwest part of the state, should put up signs. So we need some signs! That way when he sees the signs he knows he has supporters.

what is the 23,000 being used for?

ronpaulhawaii
02-24-2009, 09:57 AM
a petition works.
i'd love to email him and encourage him to do so... but i'm sure he gets enough emails as it is.

This is something a petition might actually help with...

The earned media we are getting from the moneybomb just keeps adding up :D

Jeremy
02-24-2009, 09:59 AM
what is the 23,000 being used for?

I'm assuming signs are included in that actually

I'll put some up here in the north.

TonySutton
02-24-2009, 10:00 AM
Yes, yard signs and organized sign waving events. These things make the ears perk up and open eyes.

powerofreason
02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
I live in southwest CT where can I get some signs?

Epic
02-24-2009, 10:04 AM
$24k is pretty good for a 2010 race for an undeclared candidate

looks like they are drafting the Judge now

judgenapolitano.com

Jeremy
02-24-2009, 10:05 AM
I live in southwest CT where can I get some signs?
Yah, but he's in Stamford I think... really southwest. So he wouldn't see those. But for everyone else we still need them all around the state =p

i need some signs too

powerofreason
02-24-2009, 10:10 AM
Yah, but he's in Stamford I think... really southwest. So he wouldn't see those. But for everyone else we still need them all around the state =p

i need some signs too

Oh I see. And yea, we do need signs everywhere to help increase name recognition. Everyone knows who dopey Dodd is here.

ronpaulhawaii
02-24-2009, 10:17 AM
http://digg.com/politics/Peter_Schiff_Man_Behind_Grassroots_Race_Against_Do dd#

He Who Pawns
02-24-2009, 10:25 AM
You guys should call Schiff's live radio show on Wednesday night.

Tell him this:

Running for Senate is a "Win-Win" situation for Schiff. If he wins the race, he can go the senate and kick ass and take names. Even if Schiff loses, he will raise his public profile into the stratosphere and probably triple his number of clients at Europac by the time the race is over.

http://www.europac.net/radioshow.asp

itshappening
02-24-2009, 12:07 PM
how do you convince him?

it's a tough one.

I think the CT meetup has to do some activities, thats' where he and his family/friends are based so if they see these actitivies in the community maybe he will feel flattered and more obligated, showing he has local and national support behind him if he chooses to run against Dodd

Ads in the CT papers and I think they have already said the money the PAC has raised will help the CT meetup group, this is where the best chance of convincing him is I feel

do some polling as well, can he win? it's a liberal state used to just voting D and Peter will say stuff that will confuse them, this is a BIG barrier but he might have the personality and local celebrity to get through it or CT voters might not give a damn..

ronpaulhawaii
02-24-2009, 12:26 PM
how do you convince him?

it's a tough one.

I think the CT meetup has to do some activities, thats' where he and his family/friends are based so if they see these actitivies in the community maybe he will feel flattered and more obligated, showing he has local and national support behind him if he chooses to run against Dodd

Ads in the CT papers and I think they have already said the money the PAC has raised will help the CT meetup group, this is where the best chance of convincing him is I feel

do some polling as well, can he win? it's a liberal state used to just voting D and Peter will say stuff that will confuse them, this is a BIG barrier but he might have the personality and local celebrity to get through it or CT voters might not give a damn..

I agree we need to focus on races we can most easily win, but the earned media this effort is bringing us is certainly a plus...

According to WIKI - Dodd is deep in the sub-prime poo...

First would be the GOP primary, though...

Austin
02-24-2009, 12:33 PM
I sent an email to PEAC encouraging them to start an online petition.

The Moneybomb was a fantastic success, but it was not an accurate measure of the support for the campaign. Countless individuals announced their support, but refused to donate to an organization other than the official campaign (which, obviously, had not been announced yet). Therefor, I feel that a petition would be a fantastic tool to gauge the support of the Schiff run.

I urge you to create and spread a petition that encourages Peter Schiff to run for Senate. In the petition, you might include clauses that show commitment to the campaign in one or all of the following means: donations, fund raising, door to door campaigning, phone banking, sign placement, raising awareness on the internet...

Anyway, I hope you can create this petition soon, as time is of the essence.

Sincerely,

torchbearer
02-25-2009, 09:37 AM

He Who Pawns
02-25-2009, 04:45 PM
Good one Krippy.

Schiff's show comes on in a couple hours. ;)