PDA

View Full Version : "Ron Paul Told Us So" - Don't Miss This!

apathyguy
02-23-2009, 11:12 PM
"Our spending habits, in combination with our flawed monetary system, if not changed will bring us a financial whirlwind that will make Katrina look like a minor storm."
- Dr. Ron Paul, November 14 2005

Hi Everyone,

The last page of "Ron Paul Told Us So" is now complete. RPTUS is a one-of-a-kind collection of awe-inspiring excerpts from Dr. Paul's speeches in the House of Representatives over the years -- excerpts brimming with timeless wisdom and prescient forecasts.

"Ron Paul Told Us So" - On the economic crisis (Don't miss this!):
http://valuefreedom.blogspot.com/2008/05/ron-paul-told-us-so-economics.html

"Ron Paul Told Us So" - Prior to the invasion of Iraq
http://valuefreedom.blogspot.com/2007/07/ron-paul-told-us-so-prior-to-invasion.html

"Ron Paul Told Us So" - On foreign policy during the Clinton years
http://valuefreedom.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-on-foreign-policy-during.html

By highlighting the accuracy of the Good Doctor's forewarnings about our current dilemma, these pages are intended as:

An outreach tool for those unfamiliar with the ideas motivating the Freedom Movement, and

A helpful resource for writers, YouTubers, activists, and others engaged in advancing the cause of liberty.

So please distribute as you see fit. :-)

And if you have any personal favorite Ron Paul quotes with which he predicted something that has come to pass -- whatever that may be -- PLEASE do share them here. I'm starting a related project and would GREATLY appreciate your help.

In Liberty,

Scott...

"[O]ur central bankers and our politicians express no fear that the course on which we are set is fraught with great danger to our economy and our political system ... [O]ur addiction to deficit spending, debt, and inflation guarantees the collapse of our economy."
- Dr. Ron Paul, April 25 2006

"When weaker nations are intimidated by more powerful ones, striking back very often can be done only through terrorism, a problem that will continue to threaten all Americans as our leaders incite those who oppose our aggressive stands throughout the world. But when a foreign war comes to our shores in the form of terrorism, we can be sure that our government will explain the need for further sacrifice of personal liberties to win this war against terrorism as well."
- Dr. Ron Paul, April 21 1999

"Interventionism is done with a pretense of wisdom believing we always know the good guys from the bad guys, and that we will ignore the corporate and political special interests always agitating for influence. Nothing could be further from the truth."

"Mr. Speaker, I rise to urge the Congress to think twice before thrusting this nation into a war without merit - one fraught with the danger of escalating into something no American will be pleased with."
- Dr. Ron Paul, September 4 2002

"One hundred years of intense government 'benevolence' in the United States has brought us to the brink of economic collapse, a domestic police state, and perpetual war overseas.And now our obsession with conquering and occupying Iraq is about to unleash consequences that no one can accurately foresee. The negative possibilities are unlimited and the benefits negligible."
- Dr. Ron Paul, November 14 2002

xerigen
02-24-2009, 12:32 AM
Wow, absolutely wonderful resource. Great work!

raiha
02-24-2009, 12:36 AM
Yeah thanks Apathy guy. That handle doesn't seem to suit you!

Eric21ND
02-24-2009, 03:16 AM
This is a brilliant resource!! We need to print off excerpts of these and drop them on every household in America...or make a really kick ass CFL handout with these.

Spread this site virally!!

apathyguy
02-24-2009, 08:52 AM
Eric, a slick flier with a list of RP's 'all-time greatest hits' would be very cool.

I've also thought that a silk-screen shirt covered in quotes would be a winner. The quotes would literally cover the shirt and, from a distance, it would just look like a pattern/design. But when someone got within a few feet, they could see that it's actually words -- the quotes, turned at different angles, perhaps overlapping, in different fonts, font sizes, and colors (perhaps going from black to a light grey). The left breast would have a logo -- perhaps the "Pssst!" whisperer logo ...

Pssst! project page:
http://www.vistaprint.com/vp/ns/EnterprisePartner.aspx?sr=no&GP=2%2f24%2f2009+10%3a02%3a41+AM&rd=22

... with the words "Pssst! Ron Paul Told Us So" worked into the logo's design.

If the shirt looked good, I think RP supporters would like wearing it as a simple demonstration of exactly why we hold RP in such high regard. But the shirt definitely would have to look sharp, and not like it just got slapped together -- if it doesn't look good, people won't wear it, which defeats the purpose.

Anyone know of a good silk-screener who might be willing to take this on? (That's definitely a skill-set that's beyond me.)

brandon
02-24-2009, 09:23 AM
This is awesome. bump

RonPaulalways
02-24-2009, 09:34 AM
seconded, this is awesome

apathyguy
02-24-2009, 11:57 AM
... to the taxpayers through government subsidies and convincing investors that all is well because a "world-class" regulator is ensuring the GSEs' soundness, the government increases the likelihood of a painful crash in the housing market. This is because the special privileges of Fannie and Freddie have distorted the housing market by allowing Fannie and Freddie to attract capital they could not attract under pure market conditions. As a result, capital is diverted from its most productive uses into housing. This reduces the efficacy of the entire market and thus reduces the standard of living of all Americans.

Despite the long-term damage to the economy inflicted by the government's interference in the housing market, the government's policy of diverting capital into housing creates a short-term boom in housing. Like all artificially created bubbles, the boom in housing prices cannot last forever. When housing prices fall, homeowners will experience difficulty as their equity is wiped out. Furthermore, the holders of the mortgage debt will also have a loss. These losses will be greater than they would have been had government policy not actively encouraged over-investment in housing."

-- Ron Paul, October 27 2005

ronpaulhawaii
02-24-2009, 12:35 PM
Yeah thanks Apathy guy. That handle doesn't seem to suit you!

haha - maybe this'll help explain...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qCudfMvKQdQ/SYJNQphdjDI/AAAAAAAAAB4/-pPhVysXnJ0/S187/Cured_My_Apathy_3.jpg

Great to see you in here, Scott :) Thanks for the great resource

apathyguy
02-24-2009, 02:43 PM
The picture was taken at a fundraising luncheon for Dr. Paul in Seattle in September 2007. When RP was speaking, I held the sign at the back of the room facing him so he could see it clearly. Eventually, people took notice and flash bulbs starting popping.

My girlfriend, another friend, and I coined the phrase when we were making signs for our the Portland MUG's 'Banner Brigades' (i.e. sign wavings) -- a project that later turned into the 'Ron Paul Sign Page':

http://oregoniansforronpaul.com/index.php/The-Ron-Paul-Sign-Page.html

The picture went viral on the Web and in YouTubes -- in fact, it got to the point that my girlfriend would always joke by saying, "Where's Waldo?" whenever we'd watch a new Ron Paul YouTube. Pretty funny how that picture and slogan spread like wildfire.

Anyway, thanks for the welcome -- it's good to be here. :)

georgiaboy
02-24-2009, 03:09 PM
superb!

ronpaulhawaii
02-24-2009, 03:43 PM
The picture was taken at a fundraising luncheon for Dr. Paul in Seattle in September 2007. When RP was speaking, I held the sign at the back of the room facing him so he could see it clearly. Eventually, people took notice and flash bulbs starting popping.

My girlfriend, another friend, and I coined the phrase when we were making signs for our the Portland MUG's 'Banner Brigades' (i.e. sign wavings) -- a project that later turned into the 'Ron Paul Sign Page':

The picture went viral on the Web and in YouTubes -- in fact, it got to the point that my girlfriend would always joke by saying, "Where's Waldo?" whenever we'd watch a new Ron Paul YouTube. Pretty funny how that picture and slogan spread like wildfire.

:) one of the best slogans of the campaign...

ah yes, Oregon sign waves...

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v264/185/124/663957952/n663957952_1122574_9795.jpg

http://photos-e.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v264/185/124/663957952/n663957952_1122572_8791.jpg

good times :D

apathyguy
02-24-2009, 05:08 PM
Good times indeed. In the fall of '07, we held 3 to 5 Banner Brigades across Portland each week. The energy and enthusiasm was unbelievable -- we had a blast. :)

Eric21ND
02-24-2009, 08:41 PM
You guys rock!

apathyguy
02-24-2009, 09:26 PM
... our support for the moderate Arabs - which antagonizes the Islamic fundamentalists of this region - and our special treatment for Israel. It is clear that the powerful financial interests of this country want to use our military force to protect their commercial and oil interests in this region, while there will always remain powerful U.S. political support for the State of Israel ... Hatred toward America will continue to escalate, and United States' security will continue to be diminished due to the threat of terrorist attacks."
-- Ron Paul, November 20 2000

apathyguy
02-25-2009, 09:07 AM
... the correction that inevitably comes after a period of inflation ... My question and suggestion is maybe we ought to be doing something now, because there is a lot of credit out there doing something else, causing malinvestment, causing deficits and debt to buildup, and that there will be a correction. We have not repealed the business cycle. So we have to expect something from this."
- Ron Paul, July 22 1997
Note: This statement was prior to the 'tech-bubble collapse' of 2000.

apathyguy
02-25-2009, 10:20 AM
... the integrity of the monetary system, and we have to have more respect for the free market if we ever expect to undertake a reform of a monetary system which has given us a great deal of trouble, and it is bound to give us a lot more trouble as time goes on."
- Ron Paul, July 22 1997

satchelmcqueen
02-25-2009, 01:23 PM
This is a brilliant resource!! We need to print off excerpts of these and drop them on every household in America...or make a really kick ass CFL handout with these.

Spread this site virally!!

good idea. im in and printing as we speak,type..:D

apathyguy
02-25-2009, 07:37 PM
... Satch! :)

apathyguy
02-26-2009, 12:22 AM
... Congress likely will transfer funds from general revenues into the Deposit Insurance Fund, which would make all taxpayers liable for the mistakes of a few. Of course, such a bailout would require separate authorization from Congress, but can anyone imagine Congress saying no to banking lobbyists pleading for relief from the costs of bailing out their weaker competitors?"
-- Ron Paul, May 4 2005

apathyguy
02-26-2009, 08:59 AM
... in international affairs, presidents have readily adapted to using Executive Orders, promises, and quasi-treaties to expand the scope and size of the presidency far above anything even the Federalists ever dreamed of. We are at a crossroads, and if the people and the Congress do not soon insist on the reigning in of presidential power, both foreign and domestic, individual liberty cannot be preserved."
- Ron Paul, March 17 1999

liberteebell
02-26-2009, 09:16 AM
"Our spending habits, in combination with our flawed monetary system, if not changed will bring us a financial whirlwind that will make Katrina look like a minor storm."

Hi Everyone,

The last page of "Ron Paul Told Us So" is now complete. RPTUS is a one-of-a-kind collection of awe-inspiring excerpts from Dr. Paul's speeches in the House of Representatives over the years -- excerpts brimming with timeless wisdom and prescient forecasts.

"Ron Paul Told Us So" - On the economic crisis (Don't miss this!):

http://valuefreedom.blogspot.com/2007/07/ron-paul-told-us-so-prior-to-invasion.html

"Ron Paul Told Us So" - On foreign policy during the Clinton years
http://valuefreedom.blogspot.com/2007/06/ron-paul-on-foreign-policy-during.html

By highlighting the accuracy of the Good Doctor's forewarnings about our current dilemma, these pages are intended as:

An outreach tool for those unfamiliar with the ideas motivating the Freedom Movement, and

A helpful resource for writers, YouTubers, activists, and others engaged in advancing the cause of liberty.

So please distribute as you see fit. :-)

And if you have any personal favorite Ron Paul quotes with which he predicted something that has come to pass -- whatever that may be -- PLEASE do share them here. I'm starting a related project and would GREATLY appreciate your help.

In Liberty,

Scott...

"[O]ur central bankers and our politicians express no fear that the course on which we are set is fraught with great danger to our economy and our political system ... [O]ur addiction to deficit spending, debt, and inflation guarantees the collapse of our economy."
- Dr. Ron Paul, April 25 2006

"When weaker nations are intimidated by more powerful ones, striking back very often can be done only through terrorism, a problem that will continue to threaten all Americans as our leaders incite those who oppose our aggressive stands throughout the world. But when a foreign war comes to our shores in the form of terrorism, we can be sure that our government will explain the need for further sacrifice of personal liberties to win this war against terrorism as well."

"Interventionism is done with a pretense of wisdom believing we always know the good guys from the bad guys, and that we will ignore the corporate and political special interests always agitating for influence. Nothing could be further from the truth."

"Mr. Speaker, I rise to urge the Congress to think twice before thrusting this nation into a war without merit - one fraught with the danger of escalating into something no American will be pleased with."
- Dr. Ron Paul, September 4 2002

"One hundred years of intense government 'benevolence' in the United States has brought us to the brink of economic collapse, a domestic police state, and perpetual war overseas.And now our obsession with conquering and occupying Iraq is about to unleash consequences that no one can accurately foresee. The negative possibilities are unlimited and the benefits negligible."
- Dr. Ron Paul, November 14 2002

Absolutely fabulous!!!

Apathy guy, if you're who I think you are, I am in awe of all you've done. Thank you!

apathyguy
03-06-2009, 09:51 AM
bump

apathyguy
03-06-2009, 04:26 PM
bump

Matt Collins
03-06-2009, 05:13 PM
:) one of the best slogans of the campaign...

ah yes, Oregon sign waves...

http://photos-g.ak.fbcdn.net/photos-ak-snc1/v264/185/124/663957952/n663957952_1122574_9795.jpg

Pretty..... it's a good sign too! :p

Theocrat
03-06-2009, 05:37 PM
Your website will be an excellent resource for proving all the more how God is using Congressman Paul as a beacon of truth amongst those who continue to harden their hearts against principle, to their own folly and to the detriment of our nation. :)

apathyguy
03-07-2009, 07:40 PM
bump

Liberty Star
03-08-2009, 05:13 PM

Hi Everyone,

[INDENT]"Ron Paul Told Us So" - On the economic crisis (Don't miss this!):

This should be sent to all GOP members.

apathyguy
03-09-2009, 09:02 AM
bump

apathyguy
03-17-2009, 10:11 PM
bump

apathyguy
04-09-2009, 10:11 PM
bump

Shiekyerbooty
04-09-2009, 10:16 PM
Awesome work!

Roxi
04-23-2009, 10:55 PM
niiiiiiiiiice

Eric21ND
04-24-2009, 04:54 AM
I still use this and send people to the site! I gotta print off these quotes onto CFL material.

bunklocoempire
05-06-2009, 05:00 PM
Another bump -For educating about interventionism & the can of worms in Pakistan

Bunkloco

LibForestPaul
05-06-2009, 05:39 PM
Dont Like
"Ron Paul Told Us So"

"Ron Paul Warned Us"

"Ron Paul Apprised Us"

"Ron Paul Disclosed To Us"

torchbearer
05-06-2009, 05:45 PM
Dont Like
"Ron Paul Told Us So"

"Ron Paul Warned Us"

"Ron Paul Apprised Us"

Just call it "we were warned"

bunklocoempire
07-28-2010, 03:20 AM
Blimp for getting out of Pakistan.

Bunkloco

Reason
07-28-2010, 04:45 AM
//

TJW1976
07-28-2010, 09:10 AM
This is a great idea, thanks for taking the time to collect this! I just finished reading Pillars of Prosperity by Ron Paul. It is similar to what has been collected here. While I was a huge fan of Dr. Paul prior to reading this book, this absolutely blew me away. Dr. Paul has predicted everything we've seen happening in the world today. Anything we can do to help get this message out there is a great thing. Most people won't take the time to understand Dr. Paul's positions, but these short clips are a great tool to get the message out!

Imaginos
07-28-2010, 09:23 AM
Awesome!
Cheers!
And yes, Dr. Paul cured my apathy as well.
Before finding Ron Paul, I just thought all the politicians were a bunch of puppets, freaks, and clowns.
I didn't know we have a politician with an integrity.

Sentient Void
07-28-2010, 09:37 AM
Awesome! I love this! Ron Paul cured my apathy also!

A potential 2012 campaign, or grassroots, should sell these shirts and donate the profits to the campaign! I would absolutely buy at *least* a couple!

Especially if they look cool and make a design, like 'apathy' earlier in the thread mentioned. Sort of like the 'What If?' video!

Definitely.

apathyguy
05-09-2011, 10:06 PM
Just a bump. These pages may be of some use to anyone putting together campaign materials for this run.

Go, Ron, Go.

GunnyFreedom
05-09-2011, 10:24 PM
Dont Like
"Ron Paul Told Us So"

"Ron Paul Warned Us"

"Ron Paul Apprised Us"

"Ron Was Right"

ETA - you are grassroots, use the material for producing materials locally. You control the headlines on your own handouts. Everyone should make handbills that appeal locally anyway...

Romulus
05-10-2011, 05:00 AM
Your sign has brought a tear or 2 to some eyes. Well done.

Noob
05-10-2011, 06:46 AM
An internal passport for Americans is codified under the December 2004 Intelligence Reform and Terrorism Prevention Act, which Congressman Ron Paul warned at the time would, “Allow the government to establish a Soviet-style internal passport system” that would subject “every citizen to surveillance and screening points

http://www.lewrockwell.com/paul/paul222.html

Indy Vidual
05-10-2011, 06:49 AM
haha - maybe this'll help explain...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_qCudfMvKQdQ/SYJNQphdjDI/AAAAAAAAAB4/-pPhVysXnJ0/S187/Cured_My_Apathy_3.jpg

Great to see you in here, Scott :) Thanks for the great resource

Nice :)

Paul Revered
05-10-2011, 09:18 AM
Awesome thread! Bookmarked. This will serve as an invaluable tool for driving home Paul's message in other forums.