PDA

View Full Version : Start of something big

Revolution0918
02-23-2009, 07:44 PM
Is it just me, or does this seem earily similar to the 1770's? Richs rant on CNBC in my opinion is just the first of what is to come. The bailouts, the unwarranted spending, making us pay for other peoples problems, the unfair tax system, and the increase in the government controlling our every move. It feels like there is going to be a spark in the near future that sets this country off and into revolution. People are starting to wake up to what the government is doing, in large part to Glenn Beck and Rich Santelli, as much as i hate to admit it....but it is clear that something is happening around the country. Am i alone here?

MsDoodahs
02-23-2009, 07:48 PM
Nope, you are not alone.

:)

Welcome to the forums, by the way.

torchbearer
02-23-2009, 07:54 PM
I haven't told anyone this yet... but while I was working in my yard today a gentleman stopped to talk to me.
I didn't know the guy, but come to find out he is wealthy doctor in town.
He told me he had seen my ron paul sign in my yard(back during the primaries) and had wanted to stop and talk to me for some time.
He had even seen me as I was coming and going...so he had apparently had been toying with the idea for awhile.
Come to find out, he has been a long time Ron Paul supporter and had been one those guys who gave up on the system and kinda disappeared from society as much as he could... but something has incited him into action...
What he told me today is similar to what the OP has stated.

Maybe it is spreading.

ClayTrainor
02-23-2009, 07:58 PM
Soon... the entire world will know this movement is dead serious about restoring "The Rule of Law", The Constitution.

We are on the verge of a breakthrough for our movement, i can feel it in my gut :cool:

DAFTEK
02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
I put my sign back in my window and i am wearing my Students for Ron Paul t-shirt all the time now... ;)

Anti Federalist
02-23-2009, 08:24 PM
I have had the same thing happen to me as well, on more than few occasions over the last couple of months.

I haven't told anyone this yet... but while I was working in my yard today a gentleman stopped to talk to me.
I didn't know the guy, but come to find out he is wealthy doctor in town.
He told me he had seen my ron paul sign in my yard(back during the primaries) and had wanted to stop and talk to me for some time.
He had even seen me as I was coming and going...so he had apparently had been toying with the idea for awhile.
Come to find out, he has been a long time Ron Paul supporter and had been one those guys who gave up on the system and kinda disappeared from society as much as he could... but something has incited him into action...
What he told me today is similar to what the OP has stated.

Maybe it is spreading.

Conza88
02-23-2009, 08:46 PM
Now is the best time ever to spread the message.

PlzPeopleWakeUp
02-23-2009, 09:00 PM
nt

MsDoodahs
02-23-2009, 09:05 PM
Fed trying to infiltrate.

(lol)

that did make me lol.

Revolution0918
02-23-2009, 09:10 PM
It really is spreading.....even when talking to my liberal friends at school (Colorado is a tough place to argue politics let me tell you) who were so die hard Obama during the presidential race and who i have many times talked politics with are now becoming very out spoken about the government and how they have over stepped there boundaries. Thats a step....when liberals are even admitting thats something is wrong...u know something is goin on.

dude58677
02-23-2009, 09:12 PM
Public outrage over central banks, a Continental Congress, Boston Tea Parties, State Sovereignty Declarations, Ron Paul ringing a Liberty Bell, Ron Paul saying "Let freedom ring", a 23 percent increase of gun sales in a single year, etc.

Revolution0918
02-23-2009, 09:40 PM
Its like the silent majority who usually sit back and just take it are finally ready to start getting out there and fighting for their rites……This is clearly turning into taxation without representation, 60% of america was against the Bush “stimulus” plan, and the numbers would clearly be higher on Obamas, if the liberal media ever put out the figures, which they wont. We need to take back this country while we still can, or there wont be an America in 10 yrs. Isnt that our duty as citizens? Isn’t that what the constitution and the D.O.I. state? “ That whenever any form of government becomes destructive of these ends, it is the right of the people to alter or abolish it, and to institute new government.” The spark has been lit, now we need to do something about it. There is a buzz lately and we need to take advantage of it.

RevolutionSD
02-23-2009, 09:56 PM
Is it just me, or does this seem earily similar to the 1770's? Richs rant on CNBC in my opinion is just the first of what is to come. The bailouts, the unwarranted spending, making us pay for other peoples problems, the unfair tax system, and the increase in the government controlling our every move. It feels like there is going to be a spark in the near future that sets this country off and into revolution. People are starting to wake up to what the government is doing, in large part to Glenn Beck and Rich Santelli, as much as i hate to admit it....but it is clear that something is happening around the country. Am i alone here?

The debate is still being controlled.
Santelli voted for McCain. He is obviously on the side of statism.
Beck is a phony. The right wingers are trying to have their cake and eat it too- by cozying up to the libertarians and still supporting the warfare state. If anything ever "starts", it needs to be up to US, not the TV people, who are just part of the establishment.

Revolution0918
02-23-2009, 09:59 PM
ok so you can hate on them all you want, but those 2 dudes did more in the past 2 days by getting people aware of everything than most have done all their lives. Play the cards dude....its a chess match, they may be pawns, but they can help take down a queen. And the more and more help we can get with bringing people together and getting them aware of this tyranical government the better off we are....just look what Santellis tee party idea has started.

RevolutionSD
02-23-2009, 10:01 PM
ok so you can hate on them all you want, but those 2 dudes did more in the past 2 days by getting people aware of everything than most have done all their lives. Play the cards dude....its a chess match, they may be pawns, but they can help take down a queen. And the more and more help we can get with bringing people together and getting them aware of this tyranical government the better off we are....just look what Santellis tee party idea has started.

What exactly has Santelli's tea party started?
Nice to get people fired up but it's misguided. If he's leading it, it will likely be "we just need Republican government again!"

Why the F would the guy vote for McCain if he knew ANYTHING about what is going on?

Revolution0918
02-23-2009, 10:05 PM
lol well....would you rather him of voted for Obama?

RevolutionSD
02-23-2009, 10:20 PM
lol well....would you rather him of voted for Obama?

Come on dude, you clearly do not understand that this is a libertarian forum and we do not support the left/right paradigm.

Paulitical Correctness
02-23-2009, 10:22 PM
Why the F would the guy vote for McCain if he knew ANYTHING about what is going on?

Remember, many of our very own RPF'rs caved and went with the lesser of two evils, even went as far as trying to convince the rest of us to do so.

And even more sad, some went with Obama. Some of the very liberty-savvy regulars (some still here) opted to abandon their conscience out of fear.

:eek:

Revolution0918
02-23-2009, 10:24 PM
All im saying is you can hate the guy all you want. they have helped the cause in the past week.....and i voted for RP just so you know....anyways, back on the subject, something is going to happen soon

newbitech
02-23-2009, 11:59 PM
Remember, many of our very own RPF'rs caved and went with the lesser of two evils, even went as far as trying to convince the rest of us to do so.

And even more sad, some went with Obama. Some of the very liberty-savvy regulars (some still here) opted to abandon their conscience out of fear.

and some of us jumped in the boat with the obama supporters we personally know as to help them back to the revolution when they realize how wrong they were.

just be careful who you "accuse" of going with Obama ok? I had several Dems switch to repub to vote for RP during the primaries. They got a taste of freedom. When the "party" slapped down RP, they went back to their Dem roots. I followed them over to prove the point that both parties are one in the same.

I used these forums during the general to help me handle the questions I was getting from those people. Just be careful about labeling people is all im saying.

re: this topic. The momentum is definitely swinging back to the Liberty movement. Now we have to not repeat the same mistake we made in the repub primaries and one of those mistakes was to ostracize voting blocks. We did this for extremely trivial reasons. Lets learn from that.

I think we take what the opposition gives us and remain vigilant. Beck was opposition and may still be, Santelli voted for the opposition and that was probably political ignorance. We can enlighten both of these people. They are no more or less human than your neighbor.

Conza88
02-24-2009, 12:12 AM
No REAL SUPPORTER of LIBERTY did either.

If you did; you are NOT a REVOLUTIONARY.

You're a fucken sell out. You are NOT part of the remnant, you ARE SCUM.

That is all. As you were.

Revolution0918
02-24-2009, 12:19 AM
lol thats pathetic...ur like a KKK member hating white people...just ignorant man....how can u hate on some1 that has been wrong and then is moving in our direction?

TER
02-24-2009, 12:30 AM
The acceleration in disconcerting public sentiments is very surprising at the present time. Things are shifting more and more every day, and it will be interesting to see what the year 2009 will be remembered for. The beginning of the collapse or the beginning of the revolution.

Conza88
02-24-2009, 12:48 AM
lol thats pathetic...ur like a KKK member hating white people...just ignorant man....how can u hate on some1 that has been wrong and then is moving in our direction?

Because they were MOVING in OUR DIRECTION, then they jumped ship and are now trying to catch back up.

I wouldn't have cared to much but a lot of stains tried to get others to do the same. They tried to take over the ship and turn it round.

That is not only pathetic, it is immoral.

Get a grip champ. :rolleyes:

Ex Post Facto
02-24-2009, 03:26 AM
Remember though not to call people just waking up traitors because they didn't do anything when you were doing something. Freedom is popular no matter when someone wakes up to the idea.

Conza88
02-24-2009, 03:43 AM
Remember though not to call people just waking up traitors because they didn't do anything when you were doing something. Freedom is popular no matter when someone wakes up to the idea.

Obviously. :o

tremendoustie
02-24-2009, 04:21 AM

Boy am I glad I didn't :). I sleep very well. Well, I would if I weren't doing homework ...