PDA

View Full Version : Heads up, is this true? Anyone confirm?

pinkmandy
02-23-2009, 12:56 PM
I'm on a mothering board and a lady I know there just posted that several of her friends in the Alabama National Guard have been stripped of their ammo by an order from Obama. She said that the guard members she knows have contacted other southern guard members who have said the same thing happened to them, that if anything happens they can only use their handguns.

The lady is trustworthy, it's not a big board. It's small and private. So has anyone heard anything about this? She's rather upset and confused and I admit her post alarmed me.

pinkmandy
02-23-2009, 01:00 PM
*bump*

TRUTHEDdotCOM
02-23-2009, 01:03 PM
I searched all over on google for this but i couldn't really find anything. doesn't mean it isnt true though.

pinkmandy
02-23-2009, 01:04 PM
I can't find a thing, either. :confused: I was hoping maybe somebody here from the areas (AL, TX) knows someone in the NG?

pcosmar
02-23-2009, 01:06 PM
I had not heard this, but it is common on guard duty assignments to have NO ammo.
The guard that was "enforcing"the curfew in the Keys after "Georges" had no ammo.
It was kind of a joke.

pinkmandy
02-23-2009, 01:09 PM
But to have it taken away? She said several friends in the NG in her area of Alabama have said they were 'stripped of their ammo by an order from Obama'. I'm going to ask for more details.

pinkmandy
02-23-2009, 01:19 PM
Maybe this isn't a big deal? I haven't found anything.

paulitics
02-23-2009, 01:30 PM
I've heard rumors of this before, yes other second hand accounts for months that the feds are disarming them. There has been no media attention yet.

pinkmandy
02-23-2009, 01:40 PM
I've heard rumors of this before, yes other second hand accounts for months that the feds are disarming them. There has been no media attention yet.

:eek:

I'm surprised, though, that I can't even find anything on alternative news sites. I wouldn't expect MSM to cover it but this is the first time I've heard anything at all and it was just from a mom on a mommy board. If true, this is a very important story.

power
02-23-2009, 01:52 PM
I have contacts with the FBI and the person known to me said that the FBI in New York received an email with the warning of "military coup or takeover" of USA government.

I should not have posted this in public forum but everybody should know the truth. You can confirm this from the FBI if you want to.

Pericles
02-23-2009, 01:55 PM
When I was in the guard, the only time we ever had ammo was at a firing range. Those deployed on border duty would probably have a small amount (less than 30 rounds), troops don't carry ammo unless specific orders given to have ammo issued.

When I was on pay duty (carrying XX thousands in cash) I had a pistol and a full magazine, and the guards would have one magazine, and that is it.

Many of us carried anyway, but it was unauthorized. Of course, it is also unauthorized for narco gangs to steal automatic weapons ;)

slacker921
02-23-2009, 01:59 PM
There was this.. http://www.thecommentary.net/state-senator-dan-patrick-texas-national-guard-on-alert/ which is different.. but again, can't find any solid reports of it.

Hearing rumblings like this on blogs, but nothing that can be verified.

akihabro
02-23-2009, 03:03 PM
I had not heard this, but it is common on guard duty assignments to have NO ammo.
The guard that was "enforcing"the curfew in the Keys after "Georges" had no ammo.
It was kind of a joke.

Wow. Yah when I walked around LAX after 9-11 I saw CA national guard troops with M-16's walking around with no ammo as well, unless the magazines were in their pockets. I laughed and thought what?! How pointless. Maybe the government could save money and pay a bunch of avid airsoft people to patrol and it'll look like the swat teams is protecting an area.

Wendi
02-23-2009, 03:04 PM
Interesting.

I kind of like the idea of the military being disarmed, at least while they're here. Makes it harder for them to be deployed against civilians, kwim?

phill4paul
02-23-2009, 04:01 PM
Interesting.

I kind of like the idea of the military being disarmed, at least while they're here. Makes it harder for them to be deployed against civilians, kwim?

On the flip side it also makes it hard for them to defend their secessionist state.

ihsv
02-23-2009, 04:06 PM
I guarantee that a good number of guardsmen are into firearms in general, and probably have private stocks of ammo they could turn to if needed.

tonesforjonesbones
02-23-2009, 04:57 PM
When I was in the Army, we had LBE's (Load bearing equipment) which was what is known as a pistol belt with some suspenders..and all sorts of things hooked onto that pistol belt to include a pouch that would hold 2 magazines. That's where we carried the magazines, also our 2 canteens ..etc. tones

tonesforjonesbones
02-23-2009, 04:58 PM
We only had blanks, unless we went to the firing range and the magazines were handed to us when it was time for us to go get in the fox hole..and you couldn't lock and load until they said so on the loudspeaker. tones

pinkmandy
02-24-2009, 11:20 AM
The woman I referred to in the OP said her husband will ask his NG friends for more details. So far she knows that the local commanders didn't take the ammo, that people from the military came by and removed all ammo for large guns leaving only their handgun ammo.

pcosmar
02-24-2009, 11:29 AM
The woman I referred to in the OP said her husband will ask his NG friends for more details. So far she knows that the local commanders didn't take the ammo, that people from the military came by and removed all ammo for large guns leaving only their handgun ammo.

Now that is interesting,
Generally ammo is not issued unless there is a need, but it is stockpiled and available.
Perhaps they are moving their stock, or removing it from places where it could be accessed by local citizens.
Tactically a smart move before a crack down. Knowing where ammo is stored is important to the defenders.