PDA

View Full Version : Boston College Student Activities Fair

bc2208
09-14-2007, 03:33 PM
I showed up at the fair today for the Student Govnt group I belong to, with Ron Paul flyers in my bag that I would occasionally hand out. Around noon, I found out there were Obama and Brownback tables, so I looked around for an empty booth. I found one in a prime location, where a group had left early. So I fashioned a "BC students for Ron Paul" sign, whipped out the flyers, bumper stickers, slim jims, and issues packets, and started spreading the word.

I was very impressed by the response. I would generally hold out a flyer and say "Do you want to end the war?" or "Want to get rid of the Patriot Act and the IRS?" and I'd say at least a third of the people I offered flyers to took them. I handed out about 200 I'd say.

Then there were the people who knew about RP and were shocked to see someone set up. They graciously took bumper stickers and signed the email list. I had some great conversations about RP's beliefs with people. In general, I found people were receptive. Most of them were obviously students, but a good amount of adults came through. One of my professors spent about 10 minutes telling me how she would never vote for a Republican, but took some literature anyway.

I had a great time. I spoke with the College Republicans group, and they want to help me with whatever events I want to do, including a speech if RP could make it out. Hopefully that happens.

I'm exhausted right now, but a receptive crowd is so energizing.

JosephTheLibertarian
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
ha.. professor? shows how stupid some professors are that vote on party affiliation

speciallyblend
09-14-2007, 03:41 PM
Great Work Peoples

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 05:03 PM
That is VERY awesome of you!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Great way to spread the word! Keep it up..... again, good going.

bc2208
09-14-2007, 07:32 PM
ha.. professor? shows how stupid some professors are that vote on party affiliation

It was a music professor - she doesn't count lol.

Thanks guys

james1844
09-14-2007, 07:35 PM
Good job, if you can get something going you should consider contacting Jeff Frazee to get juiced into the students for Paul network.

bc2208
09-14-2007, 07:44 PM
I've already done that, I just needed to get enough people, which I did today. A lot are interested in going to New Hampshire in the coming months.

Stealth4
09-14-2007, 08:12 PM
Good job Man....takes courage

LizF
09-15-2007, 12:16 AM
Kudos for your work bc...I hope more folks take your lead! :)

purepaloma
09-15-2007, 12:20 AM
Warrior !

Keep it up...you are helping to make a difference.