PDA

View Full Version : Outreach: Scott West Chip-in?

mczerone
02-23-2009, 10:42 AM
An injured veteran of Iraq, Scott West had his charity suspended due to the war on drugs.

(write up from LRC) (http://www.lewrockwell.com/blog/lewrw/archives/025496.html)

I've never started a Chip-in, or any other donation effort before, but I think that this cause is worth it.

Even those here that despise cannabis can be able to be sympathetic to this effort - it's not the drug we are supporting, its a veteran who has been harmed by the state at least twice: being sent to fight a war for political reasons and being punished for using a plant.

Please also remember, it wasn't the effects of the drug that ruined his and his family's lives - it was the state's effort to "save us all" from the drug that ruined them. We'll never know if the drug would've turned him into some couch-potatoed-memoryless-introverted-slouch, as the state would like everyone to believe it does. Instead he is now a "criminal", the same category as a rapist or murderer, despite never having violated someone else's rights.

Save Scott West!

sluggo
02-23-2009, 10:53 AM
Times are tight here, but I'd be happy to send a couple of bucks his way.

This story needs more attention.

mczerone
02-23-2009, 11:35 AM
So anyone have tips for starting a donation effort on the internet? I fully intend (if I end up managing the efforts) to transfer all monies collected to the West family - no cut for myself. Is a chip-in the right way to go? Who has some info? Please post in thread or PM me.

mczerone
02-23-2009, 07:37 PM
bump for requesting info/help