PDA

View Full Version : Video of 3000 kg Suicide Bombing

power
02-23-2009, 09:09 AM
The NEFA Foundation has obtained a newly-released video recording of a November 20, 2008 suicide truck bombing attack on a joint-U.S.-Afghan military base in the southeastern Afghan province of Khost. The video shows footage of the bomber—identified as "Qari Abu Omar”, a “patient man with experience in jihad”—as he assists in the preparation of nearly 3,000kg of explosives, his farewell

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=525_1235043143

ClayTrainor
02-23-2009, 09:15 AM
epic....

I wonder how many dead? I guess we can presume a bunch of American soldiers were in that building?

power
02-23-2009, 09:41 AM
Next suicide bombing will be 5000 kg.

The biggest non-nuclear bomb with USA army is "MOAB" which weighs 9000 kg. "MOAB" can flatten an area of 150 meters in radius

youngbuck
02-23-2009, 01:36 PM
Next suicide bombing will be 5000 kg.

The biggest non-nuclear bomb with USA army is "MOAB" which weighs 9000 kg. "MOAB" can flatten an area of 150 meters in radius

You're way off dude. You can't compare whatever these terrorists are using with an FAE (fuel air explosive), which the MOAB (and Russian FOAB) is. And the MOAB doesn't "flatten an area of 150 meters in radius'. 150 meters IS its blast radius. It will flatten things far beyond its blast radius.

Mesogen
02-23-2009, 01:44 PM
Holy shit.

It's so weird how the guy is so happy that he's going to his death.

ihsv
02-23-2009, 02:45 PM
Dang.

hypnagogue
02-23-2009, 04:59 PM
I think it's more likely that was the compound of a political opposition leader in Afghanistan. US troops stay in US compounds is my understanding. That looked much more civilian.

Xenophage
02-23-2009, 05:25 PM
Holy shit.

That's what insane people are like.

mconder
02-23-2009, 05:31 PM
Gezz....that guy looked so happy making the bomb. You'd think he was cutting licorice ropes. Then, when he's in the truck tapping his fingure so close to the detonator. That would make me feel rather uncomfortable as the camera guy. I'd be like, "Hey buddy, you're the one dying today. Step away from the detonator."

akihabro
02-23-2009, 07:27 PM
And he's using a Japanese truck or one which has Japanese writing on it. Haha so does that mean Japan supports terrorism? I can read the characters but it doesn't make sense. Maybe I can find out later.

Chosen
02-23-2009, 07:50 PM
Islam, the religion of peace.

Imagine the level of brainwashing that had to occur to get him into that condition.

The driver is normal by Middle East standards.

Anti Federalist
02-23-2009, 08:00 PM

That is not insanity.

That's commitment to a cause that many in the softened west cannot comprehend.

To dismiss it as insanity is short sighted.

pcosmar
02-23-2009, 08:02 PM
Islam, the religion of peace.

Imagine the level of brainwashing that had to occur to get him into that condition.

The driver is normal by Middle East standards.

Another. Ever heard of someone throwing themselves on a grenade?
Same thing only bigger.

RedStripe
02-23-2009, 08:17 PM
Don't analyze this in accordance to western propaganda about "crazy" Muslims who are only willing to do things like that due to religion. The fact is, this is the only method of retaliation and warfare availible to people who have been oppressed by foreign occupiers for quite some time.

Yes, religion plays a role as a cultural adhesive that binds these oppressed people together in their struggle against foreigners who have been occupying their lands. If China was occupying the United States under similar circumstances (killing civilians often, exploiting our resources, offending our cultural and religious norms) there would be a similar reaction.

krazy kaju
02-23-2009, 11:06 PM
HOLY CRAP that was a huge explosion. Don't you think a suicide was kind of pointless? With that kind of explosive power, the dumb bastard should have walked away a safe distance.

Young Paleocon
02-24-2009, 12:05 AM
My thoughts exactly krazy, isn't that how our marines died in Lebanon back in '83. Just park a truck and run off.

Chosen
02-24-2009, 12:27 AM
Another. Ever heard of someone throwing themselves on a grenade?
Same thing only bigger.That is by far the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. For several reasons...

A grenade is thrown by an enemy, an opposing force to kill his opponents. When someone jumps over a grenade to block the explosion, it is to save the life of his comrades from this act of hostility. It is sacrifice.

The suicide bomber is a murderer who murders others, usually innocents in the name of religion. Suicide bombing attacks have nearly 0 tactical or strategic value, they are designed to cause fear and to punish the innocent. This is just like the Nazi's did.

To say this is liking throwing oneself on a grenade is absurd and a bit psychotic.

REDSTRIPE:

Don't analyze this in accordance to western propaganda about "crazy" Muslims who are only willing to do things like that due to religion. The fact is, this is the only method of retaliation and warfare availible to people who have been oppressed by foreign occupiers for quite some time. Don't tell me what context I am analyzing in. I have been among these idiots, I take directly from them personal experience. You know nothing until you directly experience the massive hypocrisy of the Middle East. A totalitarian society which has no reverence for human life. To view this in the context of the terrorist murderer is to proclaim that you are like him. That you believe in his actions.

Anti American:

That is not insanity.

That's commitment to a cause that many in the softened west cannot comprehend.

To dismiss it as insanity is short sighted.
That is pure insanity. What person relishes the murder of innocent people? To dismiss this horror as a perception of westerners is far beyond short sighted, it is pathetic.

Anyone here wonder why Ron Paul did not win? Start with the pro-terrorist comments.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2009, 12:51 AM
Anti American:

That is pure insanity. What person relishes the murder of innocent people? To dismiss this horror as a perception of westerners is far beyond short sighted, it is pathetic.

Anyone here wonder why Ron Paul did not win? Start with the pro-terrorist comments.

Wow, I'm batting a thousand today, first time I've been called anti American here.

Did Josh sell this board to Hannity?

Chosen: before you get all wound up in hysterics, look at what I wrote.

At no time did I make any moral judgment on the actions taken. I merely stated that dismissing it as "insanity" is short sighted.

To clarify: that to not comprehend what would make a person take such actions by simply dismissing it as "insane" is a recipe to lose, no matter how you define "winning" and that most westerners or Americans, could not even comprehend taking such a course of action, not because of some rock solid principles of the value of human life, but because they wouldn't put their ass on the line like that.

It is an arrogant take on an extraordinarily complex situation, unless you want to take the smart course of action and say:"they're all nuts, lets leave them be".

And then, before jumping on a moral high horse, you better take a long, cold, hard look in the mirror and start adding up the death toll of innocents that we have been responsible for.

Pericles
02-24-2009, 01:06 AM
Holy shit.

Think about it - you are part of a society and religion in which a man can have 4 wives. This means the rich guys get the women and the poorer 50% of guys+ don't get any. A fast way to heaven could seem like an attractive alternative.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-24-2009, 01:12 AM
are you sure those are japanese characters

youngbuck
02-24-2009, 01:14 AM
Wow, I'm batting a thousand today, first time I've been called anti American here.

Everyone knows that the Federalists were Americans, so therefore you're anti-American. ;)

Anti Federalist
02-24-2009, 01:17 AM
Everyone knows that the Federalists were Americans, so therefore you're anti-American. ;)

Jeez, what was I thinking?:D

james1844
02-24-2009, 01:52 AM
Its going to be a hard, hard fight in Afghanistan. That guy was psyched to drive that truck into the building.

Liberty Rebellion
02-24-2009, 02:10 AM
That is by far the most idiotic thing I have ever heard. For several reasons...

A grenade is thrown by an enemy, an opposing force to kill his opponents. When someone jumps over a grenade to block the explosion, it is to save the life of his comrades from this act of hostility. It is sacrifice.

And blowing yourself up to kill an enemy is also a sacrifice. Though, not the best analogy, it makes sense - in each instance you have to be willing to sacrifice yourself

The suicide bomber is a murderer who murders others, usually innocents in the name of religion.

“The bottom line, then, is that suicide terrorism is mainly a response to foreign occupation”

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dying_to_Win#Ch._12:_A_New_Strategy_for_Victory

Suicide bombing attacks have nearly 0 tactical or strategic value, they are designed to cause fear and to punish the innocent. This is just like the Nazi's did.

What about when a suicide bomber walks into a mess hell of an occupying force and blows himself up? This has no tactical or strategic value?

REDSTRIPE:
Don't tell me what context I am analyzing in. I have been among these idiots, I take directly from them personal experience. You know nothing until you directly experience the massive hypocrisy of the Middle East.

We don't live in a hypocritical country?

A totalitarian society which has no reverence for human life.

Lolz. We've invaded how many countries, killed how many foreign civilians (sorry collateral damage), kicked down how many doors in the US in search of drugs and accidentally shot someone, put how many innocent men to death, and locked up how many of our citizens for life?

To view this in the context of the terrorist murderer is to proclaim that you are like him. That you believe in his actions.

omg. No, it's trying to understand the terrorist and what causes him to blow himself up etc, it has nothing to do with believing in his actions. When you start using pre-emptive warfare and "advanced interrogation techniques" is when you start showing you are like him and you believe in his actions.

Anti American:

What person relishes the murder of any person?

Actually, it's because the media wouldn't give him the coverage needed to compete on a national level and that's the biggest reason.

Pro-terrorist comments lol *face palm* Yes, please, no one here analyze suicide bombers and try to interpret it as anything other than the MSM BS. That means you support terrorism!

Pauls' Revere
02-24-2009, 02:13 AM
I wonder if a 3000 well placed 1kg bombs would have more effect as far as the overall objective is concerned. Seems that would break emeny morale over time, be more selective, and a better use of resources. Wonder if he could have walked into the building wearing a vest or something.

power
02-24-2009, 08:38 AM
Maximum blast energy was released upwards and must have reached some 200 feet high. If the 3000 kg explosion would taken place in the basement of a 100-Storey building it would have crashed immediately.

The explosive material used in suicide truck bombings is very easy to acquire because it is ammonium nitrate which is a common fertilizer. It is also used to blast mountains for construction materials. I had seen a video where terrorists were loading hundreds of sacks of explosive materials each sack weighing 50 kg to 100 kg.

Anti Federalist
02-24-2009, 11:56 AM
From another thread, Chosen wrote:

You need to let that go. A suicide bomber is insane. If you do not want to believe that it is because of ideology, then you certainly could make the argument that it is an insane tactical choice. Maybe you can keep this discussion in the appropriate thread.

Again, and I'm hoping you read over my first response, I'm not making any comment on the motivation. All I'm saying is that there is a difference here between wild eyed "whooo hoo hoop" blathering insanity and a desperate but calculated move.

And there have been more than a few examples of similar "insane" tactical moves. Was Custer insane? Or the Spartans at Thermoplyle? Or the Scots at Stirling Bridge? Or the Divine Wind? Some could argue that the minutemen of Concord were insane.

When you are pushed into a corner, with nothing left to lose and no other way to strike at your perceived enemies, you will do things that may appear insane.

Those actions may be foolhardy, counter productive, or tactically stupid, but they are not insane.

pcosmar
02-24-2009, 12:13 PM
To view this in the context of the terrorist murderer is to proclaim that you are like him. That you believe in his actions.

Not at all.
I view it in the light of tactics. It is hardly new, It is Not a "Middle Eastern" thing.
It was used often in Viet Nam.
It has been used in South America.
It is a desperate tactic, used by desperate and committed people.
It is also very hard to defend against, and devastating when successful.

Toureg89
02-24-2009, 12:26 PM
Holy shit.

he's "fighting" for his beliefs. more so than many americans are...

ironic, isnt it.

pacelli
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM

Would you die for your country?

Pericles
02-24-2009, 11:25 PM
Would you die for your country?

"No bastard ever won a war by dying for his country. He won it by making the other poor, dumb bastard die for his!" GEN Patton