PDA

View Full Version : How Much DAMAGE Could Schiff do the US Senate

He Who Pawns
02-22-2009, 09:39 PM
If Schiff actually beat Chris Dodd (and I think he could) and got into the Senate, how awesome would it be to have a hardcore libertarian fighting from the inside?

Dr Paul is sidelined in the House, but the Senate is a whole 'nother ballgame.

First of all, Schiff would probably filibuster every spending bill in sight, and the GOP would not be able to stop him from carrying out all his filibusters, because they would be against the big Dem spending plans too (in theory). Sure, they might override a lot of Schiff's filibusters, but not all of them.

I think Schiff could strike major blows for the free market and the libertarian cause.

ItsTime
02-22-2009, 09:41 PM
God if we dont get behind Schiff and we got behind Bj this movement is screwed. Schiff has a lot better chance than Bj ever had or has.

Stary Hickory
02-22-2009, 09:44 PM
I would rather see Schiff head the Federal Reserve.

But of course he would be awesome in Senate. I will support him in any way I can.

itshappening
02-22-2009, 09:46 PM
i'm not sure if he'd want to do it though when he's running a successful and likely expanding brokerage firm

Thrashertm
02-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Schiff in the Senate would be an orgasm.

slacker921
02-22-2009, 10:06 PM
Damage? None.. he'd fix a few things though.

Is he even running?

BJ is where I'll be focusing my energy in the next year... whether he decides to run for a NC Senate seat, or if he runs against Price again. Let's hope the NC GOP gets smart and backs him next time (ha).

nate895
02-22-2009, 10:16 PM
A true filibuster is where a Senator holds the floor for hours on end. The record is Strom Thurmond's 24 Hr. and 18 Min. speech against the Civil Rights Act where he read from the phone book. It would be awesome to see Schiff up there for 25 Hr. about a spending bill and reading some real good stuff.

He Who Pawns
02-22-2009, 10:20 PM
i'm not sure if he'd want to do it though when he's running a successful and likely expanding brokerage firm

the senate run is a win-win for Schiff. If he wins, he gets to kick ass and take names in the US Senate. even if he loses, he will raise his profile through the stratosphere, and would likely triple the number of clients at his brokerage by the time the race was over.

RevolutionSD
02-22-2009, 11:42 PM
If Schiff actually beat Chris Dodd (and I think he could) and got into the Senate, how awesome would it be to have a hardcore libertarian fighting from the inside?

Dr Paul is sidelined in the House, but the Senate is a whole 'nother ballgame.

First of all, Schiff would probably filibuster every spending bill in sight, and the GOP would not be able to stop him from carrying out all his filibusters, because they would be against the big Dem spending plans too (in theory). Sure, they might override a lot of Schiff's filibusters, but not all of them.

I think Schiff could strike major blows for the free market and the libertarian cause.

He could do ZERO damage. He would be one voice in a sea of madness working in a sewer of morality where stealing money from people at gunpoint is perfectly acceptable.

I like Schiff, but trying to take over an inherently evil organization and turn it around is asking the impossible.

Government=impossible to reform.

Austin
02-23-2009, 01:13 AM
the senate run is a win-win for Schiff. If he wins, he gets to kick ass and take names in the US Senate. even if he loses, he will raise his profile through the stratosphere, and would likely triple the number of clients at his brokerage by the time the race was over.

Interesting, I never thought about that aspect...

werdd
02-23-2009, 06:41 AM
I would rather see Schiff head the Federal Reserve.

But of course he would be awesome in Senate. I will support him in any way I can.

Im fairly sure he would not head a bank he believes should be destroyed.

But seeing as he is jewish,

I guess he could fit the ticket :P.

His father being in jail for tax evasion might be problematic though :O

SouthGeorgia61
02-23-2009, 11:12 AM
I think Schiff could beat Dodd, Dodd is one of the worst senators and has been an epic fail on economics, Schiff would easily beat him in a debate. Don't know if the voters in CT would think so though.

He Who Pawns
02-23-2009, 11:31 AM
CT voters are fed up with Dodd. If you run TV spots against Dodd tying him to the recession and pointing out his corruption, he could be brought down.

mczerone
02-23-2009, 11:49 AM
The last I heard from Schiff (on last week's Judge's online show, I think) suggested that he is reluctant to run because there aren't enough people running with him.

Who here lives in a state with a Senate seat up in 2010? Let's run with Schiff!

daviddee
02-23-2009, 03:13 PM

mconder
02-23-2009, 03:36 PM
He'd only add another voice to Ron Paul in condemnation of these a-holes. He'd also energize the patriots further. Legislatively he's accomplish nothing.

AJ Antimony
02-23-2009, 05:09 PM
About as much damage as he has done to his client's portfolios.

Give him another couple months and I bet those losses will be gone.

mediahasyou
02-23-2009, 06:14 PM
They would impeach him once he started filibustering.

daviddee
02-23-2009, 07:57 PM

torchbearer
02-23-2009, 08:00 PM
His gold portfolios are doing quite well... and long term investors are not doing poorly, only those who joined the plan at the wrong time.
Markets are about timing.

I disagree with Shiff's asian outlook, but he isn't wrong about the dollar... he is just wrong about all the other currencies that are pegged to the dollar.

dude58677
02-23-2009, 09:17 PM
They would impeach him once he started filibustering.

All he needs is a week.

HenryKnoxFineBooks
02-24-2009, 12:18 AM
God if we dont get behind Schiff and we got behind Bj this movement is screwed. Schiff has a lot better chance than Bj ever had or has.

BJ needs to move about 20 miles north of Raleigh, which is a nice conservative rural county. He'd win there, easy.

Austin
02-24-2009, 12:19 AM
BJ needs to move about 20 miles north of Raleigh, which is a nice conservative rural county. He'd win there, easy.

Technically, he could run in the conservative district while still living in the demo district. The Constitution only requires you be from the state of the district you are running for.

dr. hfn
02-24-2009, 01:19 PM
We will make Schiff win. Period.

porcupine
02-24-2009, 04:35 PM
Schiff would make as much of a difference as Ron Paul does...that is, outside of moral victories, he'd make no difference at all. Washington is a lost cause.

Captain America
02-24-2009, 05:14 PM
He could do ZERO damage. He would be one voice in a sea of madness working in a sewer of morality where stealing money from people at gunpoint is perfectly acceptable.

I like Schiff, but trying to take over an inherently evil organization and turn it around is asking the impossible.

Government=impossible to reform.

i will hope you have more faith in the founding fathers and truth. I also hope you keep your negative beliefs away from this forum.

How wonderful would it be to draft him and other like him. Such as the Judge and Ventura. We can draft all of them and win. We will win.

Pennsylvania
02-24-2009, 05:17 PM
Anyone know where Peter Schiff stands on social issues?

Xenophage
02-24-2009, 06:08 PM
Rep. Schiff would improve my own feelings about Congress, and that's a feat worthy of a Homeric poem.