PDA

View Full Version : Sorry, but Rick Santelli isn't part of some conspiracy to con us all

socialize_me
02-22-2009, 03:29 PM
I find this argument quite hilarious actually. The so-called "sophisticated" forum-goers are screaming "OMG YOU'RE ALL DELUSIONAL, IT'S A TRAP!" are actually the ones who are delusional. There's not some grand conspiracy, folks...none at all. Do us all a favor before opening your laptops and YouTube Rick Santelli and look at his views over the years. Compare him to today and you'll see he's just finally had enough. Should it be a surprise?? Many Americans oppose the mortgage re-writes, but somehow it's a conspiracy when Santelli yells about it? LOL...okay...

C'mon, these guys are on CNBC, Fox News, CNN, etc. They weren't smart enough to point out the economic collapse even back in early September...you actually think they can coordinate some sort of grand plot like these Tea Parties, etc. to usher in One World Government?? You guys are too much..

Take Santelli's rant for what it is--a guy who has been critical of government's policies over the past few years and has always been outspoken about it. The fact that he brings up a Tea Party spectacle is the only thing that raises a red flag. I sense some of you are jealous you weren't the crafters of such a plan, or were in positions to suggest such an idea. I have a feeling we have a very ambitious group of people here who aspire to be the next Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, and it's quite evident whether that's the intentions or the indirect showcase of it.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2009, 04:07 PM
Yeah that's me, one of those tin foil hatters.

But I never said a word about Santelli. For what it's worth I think his outrage is genuine.

But the likes of Malkin and Beck, yeah, you're getting played if you think what they are saying is genuine.

Danke
02-22-2009, 04:44 PM
I find this argument quite hilarious actually. The so-called "sophisticated" forum-goers are screaming "OMG YOU'RE ALL DELUSIONAL, IT'S A TRAP!" are actually the ones who are delusional. There's not some grand conspiracy, folks...none at all.

The fact that he brings up a Tea Party spectacle is the only thing that raises a red flag. I sense some of you are jealous you weren't the crafters of such a plan, or were in positions to suggest such an idea. I have a feeling we have a very ambitious group of people here who aspire to be the next Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, and it's quite evident whether that's the intentions or the indirect showcase of it.

"A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "set up a straw man," one describes a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view, yet is easier to refute. Then, one attributes that position to the opponent. For example, someone might deliberately overstate the opponent's position. While a straw man argument may work as a rhetorical technique—and succeed in persuading people—it carries little or no real evidential weight, since the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted."

socialize_me
02-22-2009, 04:55 PM
"A straw man argument is an informal fallacy based on misrepresentation of an opponent's position. To "set up a straw man," one describes a position that superficially resembles an opponent's actual view, yet is easier to refute. Then, one attributes that position to the opponent. For example, someone might deliberately overstate the opponent's position. While a straw man argument may work as a rhetorical technique—and succeed in persuading people—it carries little or no real evidential weight, since the opponent's actual argument has not been refuted."

LOL no straw man. The fact that I point out how ridiculous many of you sound shouldn't be insulting unless your very character is so repulsive to even yourselves that it can be taken as an offense. Seriously, the arguments I've heard are the ones I pointed out. Somehow the MSM is orchestrating all of this and it's working out perfectly...the people pointing this out make allegations without even a fucking shred of proof, yet they're the same ones who would likely deny a search warrant to authorities that have a laundry list of probable causes. I've found many people in these forums are nice to have theoretical discussions with and philosophical debates, but in the end I've found there are far more hypocrites when it comes to what they actually do.

No straw men here...nonono, just simply highlighting how retarded you all sound when you think everyone in the MSM are shills and if any of them get upset at the government, they are up to something...like a conspiracy. So the MSM points out that Americans are pissed at the government? That's a conspiracy, yet when one of you point out Americans are pissed at the government, you're a fellow patriot. Gotcha...love double standards.

paulitics
02-22-2009, 05:07 PM
Yeah that's me, one of those tin foil hatters.

But I never said a word about Santelli. For what it's worth I think his outrage is genuine.

But the likes of Malkin and Beck, yeah, you're getting played if you think what they are saying is genuine.

Sums it up for me. I know hardly anything about Santelli but CNBC actually seems pretty decent. Malkin wrote a book on internment camps and hates all of our guts. I think it's ridiculous to even compare the two like some people are doing.

constitutional
02-22-2009, 05:35 PM
I find this argument quite hilarious actually. The so-called "sophisticated" forum-goers are screaming "OMG YOU'RE ALL DELUSIONAL, IT'S A TRAP!" are actually the ones who are delusional. There's not some grand conspiracy, folks...none at all. Do us all a favor before opening your laptops and YouTube Rick Santelli and look at his views over the years. Compare him to today and you'll see he's just finally had enough. Should it be a surprise?? Many Americans oppose the mortgage re-writes, but somehow it's a conspiracy when Santelli yells about it? LOL...okay...

C'mon, these guys are on CNBC, Fox News, CNN, etc. They weren't smart enough to point out the economic collapse even back in early September...you actually think they can coordinate some sort of grand plot like these Tea Parties, etc. to usher in One World Government?? You guys are too much..

Take Santelli's rant for what it is--a guy who has been critical of government's policies over the past few years and has always been outspoken about it. The fact that he brings up a Tea Party spectacle is the only thing that raises a red flag. I sense some of you are jealous you weren't the crafters of such a plan, or were in positions to suggest such an idea. I have a feeling we have a very ambitious group of people here who aspire to be the next Benjamin Franklin or Thomas Jefferson, and it's quite evident whether that's the intentions or the indirect showcase of it.

Only one or two people make such outrageous conspiracy claims.

But I hate when people jump to conclusion, like you just did here, and call all the members out on Ron Paul Forums. This topic did not warrant a separate thread.

Quite a few members take something outrageous a person says and pin it on all members. Reminds me of fox news.

Conza88
02-22-2009, 06:11 PM

http://blogs.zdnet.com/open-source/images/strawman.jpg

Complete strawman. I have always thought his rant was genuine and natural. The reaction to it by the media by the likes of Malkin is not.

When was anything EVER said to the contrary? Never mate. And you KNOW it.

You fail remarkably. This also, comes naturally too you.

When you come up with a real argument let us know. ;)

constituent
02-22-2009, 06:34 PM
what kind of dumb shit would one have to be to suggest that television is scripted?

everyone knows that nothing is real until you've seen it on t.v.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-22-2009, 06:53 PM
who is Rick Santelli?

Imperial
02-22-2009, 08:00 PM
Beck, yeah, you're getting played if you think what they are saying is genuine.

Cross-apply what the OP said about Santelli to Beck. He actually listens to opposition, and has been fed up with government for years. Wow, where have you been?

Quit burning bridges and make use of what we have. You don't have to agree with him on everything. But where you do agree, use it to the fullest. You don't even have to compromise, just focus on what is important.

Anti Federalist
02-22-2009, 08:56 PM
No straw men here...nonono, just simply highlighting how retarded you all sound when you think everyone in the MSM are shills and if any of them get upset at the government, they are up to something...like a conspiracy. So the MSM points out that Americans are pissed at the government? That's a conspiracy, yet when one of you point out Americans are pissed at the government, you're a fellow patriot. Gotcha...love double standards.

You know, I was going to release a short, vitriolic, f bomb filled missive at you, since, frankly, I'm pretty tired of being called a retard, considering that, if it were face to face, I'm pretty sure you wouldn't do that.

But I'm not.

I'm going to ask a simple question instead: Do you think that the government influences and "massages" what is seen and heard in the MSM?

If the answer is no, then I will have to start bogging down Josh's servers, by posting the story after story after story that proves that point. Hell, I could post a 100 stories just about the run up to the Iraq war, and how the MSM swallowed the government's line hook, line and sinker without any critical review at all. Or stories of government funds being spent to propagandize, not just foreign press, but our own. So they run with these stories, after the fact, after the damage has been done, to enhance their perceived credibility.

The MSM is the official organ the corporate/government, welfare/warfare state.

Because of that, it is not to be trusted, it is no more reliable or independent than Pravda was back in the bad old days of the USSR. In fact, a sad irony of the times is that Pravda today is more more likely to contain the truth, than the MSM in the US today.

Trusting the propaganda arm of a regime that would kill a million plus people with lies as justification, just because they are making noise that sounds agreeable to you right now, is what's fucking retarded.

yoshimaroka
02-22-2009, 09:01 PM
I still think it's a TV stunt of some sort.

The administration is now having an open conversation with Santelli of all people? and his going to the White House? Seems like a distraction setup. The CEO of GE(which owns CNBC) is on the President's economic advisory board.

So who knows. It's just great television in terms of its sensationalist portrayal and acting.

slacker921
02-22-2009, 09:02 PM
For at least a year I've been hearing Santelli rail away about the destruction of the dollar or government growth. If you dig around here on RPF you'll find threads where we were cheering him on long ago.

roho76
02-22-2009, 09:19 PM
Rick Santelli has been like this since before TPTB needed him to be like this for their evil plot to destroy America. I hold that as sufficient evidence that he is on our side economically. But TV is TV and I understand that also. Hopefully Obama will be using his blackberry to take notes and will learn a thing or two.

itshappening
02-22-2009, 09:51 PM
Ron Paul has planted the seed of liberty, this was his goal... he is achieving it!

Conza88
03-02-2009, 07:04 AM

Hahahahaha....

You, just, got, served!

Bloggers charge 'Tea Party' anti-stimulus protests are corporate front

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Tea_Party_protests_sees_as_corporate_0301.html

Then check out all the links in the article, especially this one: Link, Contains the breakdown. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5159165)

Apology much? :cool:

Sandra
03-02-2009, 07:13 AM
This is the main story on Raw Story.

constituent
03-02-2009, 07:52 AM

naaah bro, these fuckin' idiots know everything man.

(and what they don't know is your fault... or so they act)

angelatc
03-02-2009, 08:20 AM
Hahahahaha....

You, just, got, served!

Bloggers charge 'Tea Party' anti-stimulus protests are corporate front

http://rawstory.com/news/2008/Tea_Party_protests_sees_as_corporate_0301.html

Then check out all the links in the article, especially this one: Link, Contains the breakdown. (http://www.democraticunderground.com/discuss/duboard.php?az=view_all&address=389x5159165)

I do not think the protests were corporate funded. I think the PACs all jumped on the idea because they knew it would be popular with their members.

Sandra
03-02-2009, 08:24 AM
I do not think the protests were corporate funded. I think the PACs all jumped on the idea because they knew it would be popular with their members.

I'm worried about them jumping in with us too. They are excellent at misrepresentation to grassroots.

parocks
04-14-2010, 05:04 AM
3 days after Santelli called for a tea party many here are distrustful of Santelli.

It never was our tea party. We could have had a bigger chunk of it if we jumped in headfirst and gone for it, instead of complaining.

Looking at these threads from the early tea party era, it's easy to see that Ron Paul has a problem with supporters who don't like Republicans and never want to work with them.

Their advice is almost always wrong.

speciallyblend
04-14-2010, 05:32 AM
everyone is individuals not a group.

speciallyblend
04-14-2010, 05:37 AM
3 days after Santelli called for a tea party many here are distrustful of Santelli.

It never was our tea party. We could have had a bigger chunk of it if we jumped in headfirst and gone for it, instead of complaining.

Looking at these threads from the early tea party era, it's easy to see that Ron Paul has a problem with supporters who don't like Republicans and never want to work with them.

Their advice is almost always wrong.

bottom line the problem is the gop leadership! people are allowed to have thoughts!! i don't like many neo-con republicans but i try to work with them but if they do not change they will be left behind! everyone is individuals, so we cannot lump everyone into neat lil categories though it seems easy for everyone to do!!

everyone seems to think i am anti-republican but if i was would i go to the meetings and keep pounding the doors?? probably not,but after all is said and done. we got a 16-9 vote in the gop for our locaL COUNTY for a Ron Paul Republican:)

going to gop meeting is half the battle no matter how bad your local gop is. eventually the gop will need to change or get out of the way!