PDA

View Full Version : Autonomous regional government push now underway!!

eric1
02-22-2009, 02:52 PM
It's time to diffuse the power of the oligarchy which has brought this nation to the verge of economic and social ruin!!

Highlights of this proposal include all federal lands and properties(including the military) reverting to state/regional control and EACH REGION ISSUING ITS OWN CURRENCY.

http://groups.yahoo.com/group/NationalConstitutionalConvention06

dr. hfn
02-22-2009, 02:54 PM
bump

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-22-2009, 03:12 PM
I claim everything 10 meters from my home Freetopia :P

tangent4ronpaul
02-22-2009, 03:55 PM
Horrifically BAD IDEA!

You can claim you want a Constitutional Convention for a specific purpose, but if they have one there is NOTHING that binds those holding it to even address what it was called for. You can bet your bottom dollar that if such a thing ever came to pass, the Bill of Rights would be toast.

-t

torchbearer
02-22-2009, 04:00 PM
My plot of land is now the Republic of Brent.
You will need to contact my embassy before crossing my borders.

youngbuck
02-22-2009, 05:30 PM
Horrifically BAD IDEA!

You can claim you want a Constitutional Convention for a specific purpose, but if they have one there is NOTHING that binds those holding it to even address what it was called for. You can bet your bottom dollar that if such a thing ever came to pass, the Bill of Rights would be toast.

-t

Most def!

eric1
02-23-2009, 02:04 PM
A Constitutional Convention was provided to us by the Founders, tangent, as a TOOL to be used for TIMES SUCH AS OURS when the federal government is hijacked by excessively greedy, self-serving interests no longer accountable to the people and states.

ALL A CONVENTION DOES IS PROPOSE AMENDMENTS. Any amendment coming out of a Convention HAS to be approved by 3/4 of the state legislatures. That's how the original Convention worked and that's how any subsequent one will work. It is a STATE LEGISLATURE driven process. And I think you'd be very hard pressed to get 3/4 of the state legislatures to agree to any tampering of the Bill of Rights.

Use Article V or lose it . . . and your way of life in the process!!

torchbearer
02-23-2009, 03:00 PM
I'd hate to see the current group of elected leaders holding a constitutional convention.

mconder
02-23-2009, 03:06 PM
The currency thing going to the states is dumb. Issuance of currency should be fully privatized under a buyer beware setup. Ultimate responsibility for whether people get conned or not goes back to the individual or group. Private contract law is enforced and people who violate contract go to jail. Buyer beware is KING again.