PDA

View Full Version : He's Catching On, I'm Telling Ya! - Peter Schiff: How He Would Fix America (US News)

Lucille
02-22-2009, 01:23 PM
Peter Schiff: How He Would Fix America (http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2009/2/21/peter-schiff-how-he-would-fix-america.html)

Apparently there is a movement to get doomsayer investor/libertarian Peter Schiff to run for the U.S.. Senate in Connecticut. And a website (http://www.schiff2010.com/peters-solutions) has gone up to draft him. Here is the Schiff agenda as the website outlines it:...

More Schiff: Predatory Borrowers (and Legislators) (http://www.takimag.com/blogs/article/predatory_borrowers_and_legislators/)

(Linked on HotAir (http://hotair.com/headlines/?p=31872). The Other McCain has also been giving Schiff and Paul (http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2009/02/draft-schiff-movement-grows.html) press, and respect!)

They're catching on, I'm telling ya!

ronpaulhawaii
02-22-2009, 01:59 PM
:D - That press alone is worth my $20.10

liberteebell
02-22-2009, 02:03 PM
:cool::D

Love the plan!

torchbearer
02-22-2009, 03:43 PM
keep up the good work. this is how the revolution roles.
No central planning, all voluntary actions of individuals going the extra mile because it is indeed important.

InterestedParticipant
02-22-2009, 03:50 PM
How come Agent Schiff doesn't just come out and say: Close the FED? Wouldn't that be the first bullet-point on everyone's list here?

What he does say is....

Put a stop to the Federal Reserve setting artificial interest rates and printing trillions of dollars out of thin air. Instead, get the Fed out of the markets and bring back balanced budgets, low taxes, and robust production.

Ummm, why keep the same crooks in charge who started this mess and put the USA on this road in 1913? Why continue to allow fractional reserve banking?

I just don't get it, Agent Schiff?

Can't wait to see all the mindless Schiff-worshipers here defend their idol on this one.

torchbearer
02-22-2009, 03:53 PM
How come Agent Schiff doesn't just come out and say: Close the FED? Wouldn't that be the first bullet-point on everyone's list here?

What he does say is....

Ummm, why keep the same crooks in charge who started this mess and put the USA on this road in 1913? Why continue to allow fractional reserve banking?

Can't wait to see all the mindless Schiff-worshipers here defend their idol on this one.

"The Fed" is a cartel of private banks. You can't just shut it down. Congress has to revoke the act the protects its monopoly... then all banks can compete with their rates.
The words you quote is well stated, and conveys more information than the simple "end the fed", which to the average joe, may just sound like ending the government.

Chase
02-22-2009, 03:54 PM
Peter has stated on numerous occasions that he would support ending the Fed so long as it didn't mean that we simply hand the printing presses over to Nancy Pelosi. As for fractional reserve banking, I don't know if he'd favor specifically outlawing it, but like Ron Paul, he thinks there should be no FDIC to socialize the risk of bad banking.

InterestedParticipant
02-22-2009, 04:33 PM
"The Fed" is a cartel of private banks. You can't just shut it down. Congress has to revoke the act the protects its monopoly... then all banks can compete with their rates.
The words you quote is well stated, and conveys more information than the simple "end the fed", which to the average joe, may just sound like ending the government.
Baloney. The FED is the most important part of the scheme against our Republic. Whatever specific words one chooses to describe the important of ending its rein against the Constitution is mental masturbation. Ending the FED should clearly be on every true libertarians plank, and it should be the first item.

This is not the first time Agent Schiff has leveraged words to deceive in critical areas of importance. Why are you so willing to simply support a person carte blanche like this? I would have thought everyone here would have learned by now that it is the ideas that are of critical importance, and not the person. People deceive.

Peter has stated on numerous occasions that he would support ending the Fed so long as it didn't mean that we simply hand the printing presses over to Nancy Pelosi. As for fractional reserve banking, I don't know if he'd favor specifically outlawing it, but like Ron Paul, he thinks there should be no FDIC to socialize the risk of bad banking.
Andrew Jackson failed to cease fraction reserve banking, which allowed these international bankers to maintain state banks in the Union, operating with incredible rates of profit... ultimately using their strength to pressure Lincoln and manipulate the Union in to Civil War. If we're going to close them down for good, we need to shut-off their production of fiat currency, turn-off their obscene profit-making abilities through fractional reserve banking, and put their agents in jail for the rest of their lives.

Johnnybags
02-22-2009, 04:46 PM
the FED does not run US policy. It enables politicians to tax the public thru inflation. They always seem to have the attitude that they know its unsustainable but since we elected these idiots, they simply do what the congress wants. I have seen numerous FED chairman comment on deficits, entitlements, etc when asked and they always say something needs to be done but its not in their court. Its congress. After they quit they spill the beans. While in the cartel, its oh well, you idiots picked these people to represent you so you get what you get.

torchbearer
02-22-2009, 05:36 PM
Baloney. The FED is the most important part of the scheme against our Republic. Whatever specific words one chooses to describe the important of ending its rein against the Constitution is mental masturbation. Ending the FED should clearly be on every true libertarians plank, and it should be the first item.

This is not the first time Agent Schiff has leveraged words to deceive in critical areas of importance. Why are you so willing to simply support a person carte blanche like this? I would have thought everyone here would have learned by now that it is the ideas that are of critical importance, and not the person. People deceive.

Andrew Jackson failed to cease fraction reserve banking, which allowed these international bankers to maintain state banks in the Union, operating with incredible rates of profit... ultimately using their strength to pressure Lincoln and manipulate the Union in to Civil War. If we're going to close them down for good, we need to shut-off their production of fiat currency, turn-off their obscene profit-making abilities through fractional reserve banking, and put their agents in jail for the rest of their lives.

The man... or god, who decides what SHOULD be...
We need more people like you around. Then none of us would have to think for ourselves.

torchbearer
02-22-2009, 05:38 PM
the FED does not run US policy. It enables politicians to tax the public thru inflation. They always seem to have the attitude that they know its unsustainable but since we elected these idiots, they simply do what the congress wants. I have seen numerous FED chairman comment on deficits, entitlements, etc when asked and they always say something needs to be done but its not in their court. Its congress. After they quit they spill the beans. While in the cartel, its oh well, you idiots picked these people to represent you so you get what you get.

Yes. And Ron Paul state's this often.. if the congress wanted to... they could end the federal reserve act tomorrow.
But they don't.. the fed is their drug dealer... and these guys are power junkies.

liberteebell
02-22-2009, 06:46 PM
the fed is their drug dealer... and these guys are power junkies.

Ooooh, I like this, I'm "stealing" it!

RevolutionSD
02-22-2009, 08:55 PM
Peter Schiff: How He Would Fix America (http://www.usnews.com/blogs/capital-commerce/2009/2/21/peter-schiff-how-he-would-fix-america.html)

More Schiff: Predatory Borrowers (and Legislators) (http://www.takimag.com/blogs/article/predatory_borrowers_and_legislators/)

(Linked on HotAir (http://hotair.com/headlines/?p=31872). The Other McCain has also been giving Schiff and Paul (http://rsmccain.blogspot.com/2009/02/draft-schiff-movement-grows.html) press, and respect!)

They're catching on, I'm telling ya!

Cool that Schiff got some msm press but Schiff in the Senate will do nothing to advance the cause of liberty- he will be smothered by the statism that is the institution of government. You cannot reform an inherently evil institution.

He Who Pawns
02-22-2009, 09:23 PM
Schiff can carry the banner for Ron Paul in 2010. He's the perfect guy to do it. Not only is Schiff very witty and a great debater, he's also a world-class economist and can finance a large part of his own campaign.

Not only that, but he has the perfect opponent in Chris Dodd. We can concentrate all our firepower on Dodd and cut him down.

RevolutionSD
02-22-2009, 11:44 PM

What he does say is....

So who would you put in charge of the money?

tnvoter
02-23-2009, 12:11 AM
The man... or god, who decides what SHOULD be...
We need more people like you around. Then none of us would have to think for ourselves.

I was thinking the same thing, haha

tnvoter
02-23-2009, 12:34 AM
Schiff can carry the banner for Ron Paul in 2010. He's the perfect guy to do it. Not only is Schiff very witty and a great debater, he's also a world-class economist and can finance a large part of his own campaign.

Not only that, but he has the perfect opponent in Chris Dodd. We can concentrate all our firepower on Dodd and cut him down.

THIS- is like a dream.

The fires have been set my friends... will they spread?

Imperial
02-25-2009, 06:45 PM

Uhm, the banks could be from the US to be crummy... I don't know what version of history you have followed...

You also cleverly failed to answer how eliminating the Fed puts the presses under just as bad of dudes(I sadly would rather have Bernanke than Paulson running my money if I had a gun to my head).

You also fail to say where Mr. (Not Agent) Schiff has mislead people...instead, you just throw out catch-phrases like some Obama zombie.

"every true libertarian"

group-think. You are making argumentum ad populum here.

"international bankers"

don't worry, I am a maverick who can bring change and end fractional reserve banking. We can stop evil corporate bosses and rich people...I mean terrorists.... I mean international bankers....