PDA

View Full Version : WND Poll: What do you think of Ron Paul's call to abolish the Federal Reserve?

FrankRep
02-22-2009, 10:15 AM
TOSSING OUT THE MONEY CHANGERS
What do you think of Ron Paul's call to abolish the Federal Reserve?

We have nearly 100 years of experience proving that the Fed destroys the fruit of our hard work, savings and investment - it's time to shut it down
51% (673)

The Federal Reserve is unconstitutional - that's reason enough to abolish it
17% (225)

I agree with Paul - at the root of every financial crisis over the past century is Fed policy
14% (182)

We need money that has consistent value - when's the last time government had to bail out gold?
7% (94)

It's the only way to stop the inevitable inflation that's going to follow from Obama's spending policies 3% (34)
I know the Constitution grants these powers to Congress, but with the bunch we have now, perhaps leaving the Fed in charge is better 2% (27)
I'm thinking maybe I should have voted for Ron Paul instead of what's-his-name 2% (21)
I'd rather my elected representative have a voice in setting the nation's monetary policy than some faceless foreign banker with no loyalty to America 1% (19)
Other 1% (16)
Ron Paul is a nut who knows nothing about how a complex modern economy works 1% (11)
Ron Paul is well-meaning but ineffective ... like Don Quixote tilting at windmills 1% (11)
We had booms and busts, prosperity and poverty before there was a Federal Reserve - abolishing it is no panacea 1% (9)
Even if there are problems with the Federal Reserve, abolishing it in the middle of this crisis doesn't seem wise 0% (4)
He introduces this bill every session and he has no co-sponsors - enough said 0% (4)
Paul blames every problem in the economy on Federal Reserve policy - that sounds like he's overstating it to me 0% (1)
The Fed is the source of stability in our economy, restoring order when crooked bankers, Wall Street hustlers and greedy oil sheiks throw everything into chaos

SOURCE:
http://forums.wnd.com/index.php?pageId=337&pollShowResults=1

Financial fix? Abolish Fed, says congressman
Paul: Constitution requires coin based on gold, silver

World Net Daily
February 21, 2009

http://www.worldnetdaily.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89412

RevolutionSD
02-22-2009, 10:31 AM
If this were to happen, would we then have a free market money system, or would the Fed's job simply be handed over to congress?

If we ended the fed and replaced it with a gov't agency, we would not have gained a thing.

Stary Hickory
02-22-2009, 10:49 AM
Getting government out of our money is about the single most beneficial step that could ever be taken for restoring our freedoms. Just repeal legal tender laws and let us do as we wish.

The FED could regulate the dollar all it wanted, but Americans would quickly reject it.

BlackTerrel
02-22-2009, 03:48 PM
If this were to happen, would we then have a free market money system, or would the Fed's job simply be handed over to congress?

If we ended the fed and replaced it with a gov't agency, we would not have gained a thing.

Obviously.