PDA

View Full Version : Jindal on Meet the Press

Sandra
02-22-2009, 08:00 AM
Can't answer a damn question he is asked. And how many times can he say "Let's be clear"?

They are grilling him about completing his term before running for the next one though.

torchbearer
02-22-2009, 09:33 AM
HAHAHA!
He has never finished a term.
He is the GOP Barrack.

paulitics
02-22-2009, 05:32 PM
I never understood the hype surrounding this guy.

constitutional
02-22-2009, 05:40 PM
I never understood the hype surrounding this guy.

Same here, just an overnight star for VP consideration and now a possible republican presidential candidate.

Sandra
02-22-2009, 05:49 PM
Because they tell us we're supposed to like him.

Printo
02-24-2009, 01:56 PM
Its because he's Indian. The GOP wants to appear "progressive." Jindal supports some fucked up legislation like Patriot Act, Military Commissions Act, REAL ID Act & an act that chemically castrates sex offenders.

Theocrat
02-24-2009, 02:37 PM
I hope Jindal signs the legislative act in Louisiana which allows creationism to be taught alongside evolution in public schools (if he hasn't already). Barbara Forrest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Forrest) won't like that very much, though. :D

torchbearer
02-24-2009, 02:41 PM
I hope Jindal signs the legislative act in Louisiana which allows creationism to be taught alongside evolution in public schools (if he hasn't already). Barbara Forrest (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Barbara_Forrest) won't like that very much, though. :D

If he was smart, he'd let the principals decide.

Theocrat
02-24-2009, 02:44 PM

Nah. They're all bought and supported by the "Evolution Regime." It's time for more extreme measures.

Feenix566
02-24-2009, 02:47 PM

...or better yet, let the principals decide what gets tought at the school, and let the parents decide where their kids go.

But anyway, back on topic:

Jindal opposes the legalization of same-sex marriage, and has voted for the Federal Marriage Amendment to restrict marriage to a union between one man and one woman. In December 2008, Jindal announced the formation of the Louisiana Commission on Marriage and Family, including individuals representing organizations that oppose same-sex marriage, including Tony Perkins, president of the Family Research Council, Gene Mills, the executive director of the Louisiana Family Forum and Mike Johnson, senior legal counsel for the Alliance Defense Fund.

Jindal voted yes on making the PATRIOT Act permanent, voted in favor of the 2006 Military Commissions Act, supported a constitutional amendment banning flag burning, and voted for the Real ID Act of 2005.

In 2006, Jindal voted with the Republican Caucus 97 percent of the time during the 109th Congress.

In 2007, Jindal led the Louisiana delegation in Congressional earmark funding. According to Taxpayers for Common Sense, in 2007, Jindal's earmark funding was 14th among all Congressmen. As Governor in 2008, Jindal used his line item veto to strike $16 million in earmarks from the state budget while allowing $30 million in legislator added spending.

Jindal supports the teaching of intelligent design in public schools.

On June 25, 2008, Jindal signed the "Sex Offender Chemical Castration Bill", authorizing the chemical castration of those convicted of certain sex offenses.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_jindal

Bobby Jindal is the lipstick on the pig of the GOP.

Sandra
02-24-2009, 02:50 PM
...or better yet, let the principals decide what gets tought at the school, and let the parents decide where their kids go.

But anyway, back on topic:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bobby_jindal

Bobby Jindal is the lipstick on the pig of the GOP.

Pucker up, Bobby!:p

torchbearer
02-24-2009, 02:53 PM
Nah. They're all bought and supported by the "Evolution Regime." It's time for more extreme measures.

Most of our schools are community oriented... most of our state is rural.
Parents send their schools to people they go to church with... so I don't see the problem with letting them decide what their kids learn by getting with the school principal.

Theocrat
02-24-2009, 03:08 PM
Most of our schools are community oriented... most of our state is rural.
Parents send their schools to people they go to church with... so I don't see the problem with letting them decide what their kids learn by getting with the school principal.

Yes, that is the ideal solution. Solving these issues on a local level is good, but I wonder if those proponents of evolution are willing to do the same thing...

Pennsylvania
02-24-2009, 03:15 PM
I wonder if those proponents of evolution are willing to do the same thing...

Of course I don't speak for all of them, but I completely agree with decentralization of education management.