PDA

View Full Version : How would you respond to this: "Ron Paul is crazy and The Fed Reserve..."

tnvoter
02-22-2009, 02:03 AM
I know how I would respond to this. I'm trying to be.. KIND... about it. Any help?

"Noone lobbies the Federal Reserve? They lobby congress. Indebting the people? Im not in debt to anyone except US Bank for my mortgage on my house. What do you mean? //In regards to National Debt// They trim the interest rates to battle inflation? Our inflation rate is excellent atm. We are actually almost at a stage where Deflation is kicking in. Ron Paul talks a good game but is borderline paranoid/isolationist imo. We cant do it all by ourselves anymore. The worlds economy are inextricably linked as evident in the current crisis. The Fed reserve provides Liquidity to the market by making money available to the banks to make it available to the buisness and the people.

tldr Ron Paul is a little crazy and talks a good game that doesnt mean everything he says is true.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Federal_Reserve_System
Research and mae your own decision as to wether we need the Fed and if its a good thing dont take a Reactionists words as gospel."

t0rnado
02-22-2009, 02:16 AM
Whoever wrote that is a babbling idiot that doesn't know what he's talking about. A low interest rate results in inflation not deflation. Everything in that paragraph is complete bullshit.

Warrior_of_Freedom
02-22-2009, 02:28 AM
My old history teacher told me he wasn´t voting for ron paul ´cause he had a ´funny´voice.

tnvoter
02-22-2009, 02:41 AM
I knooow! It's difficult to restrain myself... thankyou for the reponses so far, I'm trying to find good points to use that could convert someone like this.

Epic
02-22-2009, 03:01 AM
lol just shoot the other guy

AJ Antimony
02-22-2009, 12:39 PM
Yeah I wouldn't even respond to that. I mean, he calls it "the Fed reserve" which means he started learning economics yesterday.

liberteebell
02-22-2009, 12:54 PM
Lately, what's worked for me is to call the Federal Reserve the government's no-limit credit card.

Make sure that you also point out that it's a PRIVATE central bank while you're at it.

mediahasyou
02-22-2009, 12:56 PM
send this: http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-1656880303867390173

tnvoter
02-22-2009, 05:06 PM
What about the link he provided? Lol

danberkeley
02-22-2009, 06:21 PM
Ron Paul a protectionist? lolz