09-14-2007, 02:13 PM
wow,

anyone 'know a guy' in South africa?

Tuck
09-14-2007, 02:14 PM
Oh no i've been getting ripped off!

UCFGavin
09-14-2007, 02:18 PM
was not expecting new zealand and australia to be up so high. i figured they could grow their own and their drug laws would be more lenient.

hard@work
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
http://siemprehydroponico.com/wp-content/uploads/2006/09/cannabis-seeds.jpg

Free.

ButchHowdy
09-14-2007, 02:21 PM
Not even weed can escape that EVIL inflation tax!

I remember when . . . .

Joby
09-14-2007, 02:38 PM
Is this weed of the same quality around the world?

leipo
09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
Yes, it's about $10 in a coffeeshop here in the Netherlands. But the price on the street is much lower of course. And that's what the other countries are basing the price on.
Anyway, it's not gonna be $10 much longer, since politicians here want to legalize marijuana. And then it will be heavily taxed. :(

brandon
09-14-2007, 02:42 PM
This graph is completely meaningless. It doesnt even mention difference of quality. Furthermore, there is no set price at all, it depends on who you know. I can get an ounce of kind bud for 200$, and when I was 15 that same bag would have cost me 350$ (im 23 now)

Now if you are only buying by the gram, I have seen it go for anywhere from 2.50 to 30$ depending on the quality/your relationship with the dealer. I have no idea how they could have got these stats. The deviation would be so high that the average is totally meaningless.

leipo
09-14-2007, 02:43 PM
Is this weed of the same quality around the world?

I doubt it. But i've never smoked outside of my country.

DjLoTi
09-14-2007, 02:45 PM
You get a list of all the different kinds of buds when you're in Amsterdam... it costs like 17$ for 2Gs... Really cheap and really chill

belian78
09-14-2007, 02:48 PM
This graph is completely meaningless. It doesnt even mention difference of quality. Furthermore, there is no set price at all, it depends on who you know. I can get an ounce of kind bud for 200$, and when I was 15 that same bag would have cost me 350$ (im 23 now)

Now if you are only buying by the gram, I have seen it go for anywhere from 2.50 to 30$ depending on the quality/your relationship with the dealer. I have no idea how they could have got these stats. The deviation would be so high that the average is totally meaningless.

i was thinking bout the same thing. I know i can get 6 grams for $30 of good green. LOL:D

*edit* if i did that sorta thing that is...

richard1984
09-14-2007, 03:13 PM
The graph is about right for the average prices around here (for the average, but good, KB). But yeah, this is way too complicated to be covered in such a simple graph. Way too many variables--not only things like the quality and the genetics of the bud, but also the quantity you buy (the more you buy, the cheaper it is per gram), etc.

I just wish I could grow it. That would be :cool:

winston84
09-14-2007, 03:52 PM
Hmmm at least in Los Angeles, that looks pretty accurate for some average chronic. I've always thought the market standard was $20 per gram, but most dealers tend to add a little extra for good measure. Sucks to be in Japan.

Brock Landers
09-14-2007, 03:56 PM
Maybe the graph is overly simplified, but on the other hannd how are you going to put together a graph where quality, variation of prices, location, how many people you know, etc., are all variables, and still make that graph understandble to ANYONE? Remember....with Ron Paul AND with weed charts, we're looking for mainstream acceptance and understanding.

Personally, I found it interesting. Seeing such a big discrepency b/tw Japan and South Africa is very telling. It shows how inefficient the weed market is due to government interference; and how distorted the prices can become.

I wonder if you could take it one step further and graph violent drug-related crimes per capita (in each country), and compare those differences to come up with a (negative) correlation b/tw Prices and Violent Drug Crimes. There might be confounding variables still, but it would be interesting to see.

Suzu
09-14-2007, 04:01 PM
Weed is different now than it was 25-30 years ago. It was 10x less expensive back then. But it seems that growers have been somehow cultivating it to have more potency, because I had a friend who was a grower in Arizona when I lived there, and the leaves that he gave me for free, were as potent as the buds in the late '60s were, and the buds were waaaaaaaaaay too strong for me.

Daveforliberty
09-14-2007, 04:03 PM
Yep, used to get a "lid" (about an ounce in a sandwich bag) for $10. The stuff we thought was really potent... Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Maui Wowie... was probably about average today, but seemed to be more mellow. Maybe it was the social atmosphere that made it feel that way. Ah, but I wax nostalgic...

Brasil Branco
09-14-2007, 04:06 PM

We should conduct a study.

DahuiHeeNalu
09-14-2007, 04:25 PM
I was getting $60 a O :) but i got randomized at work and im on suspension :(

richard1984
09-14-2007, 04:39 PM
Yep, used to get a "lid" (about an ounce in a sandwich bag) for $10. The stuff we thought was really potent... Acapulco Gold, Panama Red, Maui Wowie... was probably about average today, but seemed to be more mellow. Maybe it was the social atmosphere that made it feel that way. Ah, but I wax nostalgic...

Actually, the "stoned," chill buzz was probably the result of the sativa strains being largely (if not entirely) Cannabis sativa subspecies indica rather than Cannabis sativa subspecies sativa. Indica strains are more common largely because the plants are more bushy and yield greater harvests (than sativa plants--which are tall and thin and have less bud per plant).
The buzz from smoking strong indica bud is more body-centered--it's known for its calming effects and for medicinal uses such as nausea and pain relief. This is the result of the low THC to CBD ratio. Sativa strains give a buzz that is more "heady," uplifting, and energetic--the result of a high THC to CBD ratio.

For my medicinal purposes, I prefer strains that are dominantly sativa, but that have some indica genetics, to treat my ADHD (cannabis is much better than amphetamines for treating ADHD). Unfortunately, I can't have my own medicinal herb garden, so I can't treat my ADHD as effectively as I wish I could. I'm tired of Adderall (I hate the side-effects--including the moodiness, irritability, loss of appetite, etc.). I just wish I could grow the best medicine for myself.

richard1984
09-14-2007, 04:40 PM
I was getting $60 a O :) but i got randomized at work and im on suspension :(

damn....

That is soooo not fair (the price that is)!!!
unless is was just shwag...

;)

Marceline88
09-14-2007, 05:10 PM
The price of Cannabis for me and my husband at this point is.......5 to 15 years in prison.

leipo
09-14-2007, 06:19 PM
The price of Cannabis for me and my husband at this point is.......5 to 15 years in prison.

Hi Marceline,

My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.
I just noticed on your website ( http://pray.groovy.org/ ), which you posted in an older thread, that you have 2 court appearances coming up soon. So, i'd like to wish you and your husband much strength to get through these hard times.

DXDoug
09-14-2007, 06:26 PM
What in the World ! does this post seroiously have to do with Ron Paul lol

CLOSED :eek:

axiomata
09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
Interesting .... now what the hell does this have to do with RP?

Marceline88
09-14-2007, 07:29 PM
Granted it was probably started in the wrong section but it does have everything to do with Ron Paul and his wisdom in knowing that the War on Drugs needs to end.

Hi Marceline,

My thoughts & prayers are with you and your family.
I just noticed on your website ( http://pray.groovy.org/ ), which you posted in an older thread, that you have 2 court appearances coming up soon. So, i'd like to wish you and your husband much strength to get through these hard times.

Thanks so much. It means alot to us. Prayers are the best thing in the world right now. :)

nexalacer
09-15-2007, 01:14 AM
Sucks to be in Japan.

As far as weed... hell yes it does. As far as women.... eh, I can deal :p