PDA

View Full Version : Tulsa County G.O.P. convention

acptulsa
02-21-2009, 02:23 PM
Success!

The Tulsa County G.O.P. just completed its 2009 convention, including the election of the party county chair and vice chair. We elected Sally Bell and J. Alexander to those positions. Both are freedom loving, limited government candidates, and both are passionately dedicated to the grass roots! This victory is a testament to those lovers of freedom who have stayed involved and active.

We also passed a resolution to send the proposition to the state convention (in two months) that the state party abandon the popular vote primary and return to a convention caucus in choosing the presidential nominee of the state for the G.O.P. This isn't binding, but merely a move to bring the matter up at state.

Unfortunately, all did not go our way today. But for the lack of six votes we would have elected a magnificent, liberty-minded man to the position of committeeman. I wonder if some precinct chairs forgot about their proxy votes, and I surely wonder how many of our votes got bored and left. This is a pity. Six votes!

Six votes. To think that somewhere an even greater issue of liberty could fail in a convention over six lousy votes!

Please stay involved, freedom lovers. I've seen a lot of revolutionary talk on this site. We just nearly pulled off a revolution in local politics today, and not only was not one shot fired but one of the candidates we defeated gave an empassioned and well-founded speech against the sort of character assasination that was floating around various county Republicans' email inboxes over the last several weeks (and said a well-deserved good word for our winning candidates as well).

This is not the season to let up. During the last campaign season I heard a lot of complaints about how we were treated by the G.O.P. insiders. Well, as of today we are the party insiders in this county! And we'll treat us right!!

Do the same where you are. Why the hell not?

acptulsa
02-21-2009, 02:25 PM
By the way, it was a wonderful opportunity to explain to party regulars what Rep. Charles Key's Tenth Amendment Resolution was all about. I thank all those good Republicans who sat through my explanation. Hope I helped.