PDA

View Full Version : If you had a superpower, how would you use it to advance liberty?

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 06:19 PM
Well!?

Personally, I'd pick invisibility. I'd use it to spy, steal, and assassinate government thugs. I have to pick invisibility because I want to sneak into girls' locker rooms in ADDITION to fighting tyranny.

If I could have multiple superpowers like Superman, I'd probably just fly right into Washington D.C. and knock some people's lights out and declare the country free.

muzzled dogg
02-20-2009, 06:22 PM
i'd be like human torch and flail around in the dept of the treasury

brn teh frn

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 06:23 PM
i'd be like human torch and flail around in the dept of the treasury

brn teh frn

Shizzle. Shoulda had that option!

heavenlyboy34
02-20-2009, 06:28 PM
Well!?

Personally, I'd pick invisibility. I'd use it to spy, steal, and assassinate government thugs. I have to pick invisibility because I want to sneak into girls' locker rooms in ADDITION to fighting tyranny.

If I could have multiple superpowers like Superman, I'd probably just fly right into Washington D.C. and knock some people's lights out and declare the country free.

+1 Invisibility seems to be the most all-around useful ability listed. I'd rather sneak into WOMEN'S locker rooms, myself. I'm too old to be dealing with girls nowadays. ;) I think another really useful ability would be a perfect memory. This way, I could read books and learn things in a fraction of the usual time. :D

LittleLightShining
02-20-2009, 06:30 PM
I would use telepathy to make people tell the truth.

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 06:36 PM
+1 Invisibility seems to be the most all-around useful ability listed. I'd rather sneak into WOMEN'S locker rooms, myself. I'm too old to be dealing with girls nowadays. ;) I think another really useful ability would be a perfect memory. This way, I could read books and learn things in a fraction of the usual time. :D

I'm still young enough for girls! Go me!

Now if you could just find one for me so I know what they look like...

MRoCkEd
02-20-2009, 06:40 PM
mind control seems like the easiest way to advance liberty
just change everyone's mind in washington except for RP

Kludge
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
Mind control for the cause of liberty, though invincibility or invisibility would be nifty for myself. I'd also like to shoot laser beams out of my eyes. Pew pew pew.

MRoCkEd
02-20-2009, 06:41 PM
and you wouldnt need to sneak into a locker room to see girls if you had mind control

Kludge
02-20-2009, 06:43 PM
and you wouldnt need to sneak into a locker room to see girls if you had mind control

Mind control sounds tedious. You'd have to see everyone there and individually control their minds. With invisibility, I could bother people much more efficiently without risk of detainment.

zach
02-20-2009, 06:46 PM
Power of flight!

:D

Young Paleocon
02-20-2009, 07:55 PM
I want to raise the dead, and choose their age of manifestation. I'd bring back Keynes just so I could kill him every day, or in case Ron, Mises, Hayek, Rothbard etc.. wanted a go at him. Then the founding fathers would be brought back, hopefully they would not be philosophically tainted by our material wealth and thus be sympathetic to the welfare/warfare state/ and have them all gather in the capital (preferably Jefferson, Patrick Henry, Franklin, Washington, George Clinton, and Madison) so they could give Congress a verbal smack down and explain how they're failures. And I could go on and on.

ihsv
02-20-2009, 08:04 PM
Invisibility. Imagine sitting in on the board meetings of the Federal Reserve with a video recorder? :D Imagine the havoc you could cause by filming behind-the-scenes deals and statements of key congressmen and senators, then posting them to YouTube for all the world to see? You could have loads of fun randomly setting off alarms and security gizmos at the White House. You could conveniently "disappear" crappy legislation, and kick random bureaucrat's butts in the hallways of the capitol building.

And if you get really good at it, you could call yourself the Ghost of Freedom Past and give Nancy Pelosi a heart attack. :D

Ooooooooooo, the possibilities!!!!!

krazy kaju
02-20-2009, 08:33 PM
I'd use mind control to make Bernanke raise interest rates to 10%, make Congress and Obama eliminate all taxes and trade barriers except a 5% tariff across the board, eliminate ALL spending that isn't directly allowed by the Constitution, and then I'd use mind control on all Americans to completely abolish government and create an anarchist society.

MRoCkEd
02-20-2009, 08:35 PM
Kind of ironic to control the minds of others to advance liberty.

heavenlyboy34
02-20-2009, 08:48 PM
Invisibility. Imagine sitting in on the board meetings of the Federal Reserve with a video recorder? :D Imagine the havoc you could cause by filming behind-the-scenes deals and statements of key congressmen and senators, then posting them to YouTube for all the world to see? You could have loads of fun randomly setting off alarms and security gizmos at the White House. You could conveniently "disappear" crappy legislation, and kick random bureaucrat's butts in the hallways of the capitol building.

And if you get really good at it, you could call yourself the Ghost of Freedom Past and give Nancy Pelosi a heart attack. :D

Ooooooooooo, the possibilities!!!!!

Yeah, but how would your recording equipment, clothing, etc. become invisible? (so as to record meetings) :confused:

regtoday
02-20-2009, 08:59 PM
I have a super power. I can influence people's thoughts using only a mouse and keyboard.

ourlongroad
02-20-2009, 09:06 PM
Minimal government and stay out of foreign engagements, both overtly and covertly.

Freedom 4 all
02-20-2009, 09:27 PM
I want whatever superpowers V for Vendetta had. That movie kicked ass. It would also be kind of cool to raise the founding fathers from the dead and sic em on DC, although I wouldn't really want them to see what has become of their republic. I really love the ghost of freedom past idea as well.

coyote_sprit
02-20-2009, 09:29 PM
I chose mind reading/telepathy/mind control but that is more of a bad thing. With that much power you can get easily corrupt.

regtoday
02-20-2009, 10:03 PM
I chose mind reading/telepathy/mind control but that is more of a bad thing. With that much power you can get easily corrupt.

I think it's a bad thing if only a few people have it. If everyone has it, i guess it would come down to is mankind inherently good or evil.

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 11:17 PM

Indeed, but if you're only controlling the minds of power mongers then you're engaging in a defensive use of force! :)

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 11:18 PM
I think it's a bad thing if only a few people have it. If everyone has it, i guess it would come down to is mankind inherently good or evil.

If two people can control one another's minds, does it come down who can click the mouse button faster?

Maybe intelligent people would have an advantage.

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 11:20 PM
Yeah, but how would your recording equipment, clothing, etc. become invisible? (so as to record meetings) :confused:

I thought about this too. Basically I think you'd have to be naked all the time. To avoid giving yourself away you'd have to refrain from picking anything up or interacting with anything while someone could see. You'd be friggin cold all the time.

But it would still be awesome, and a lot of fun!

Xenophage
02-20-2009, 11:22 PM
I want whatever superpowers V for Vendetta had. That movie kicked ass. It would also be kind of cool to raise the founding fathers from the dead and sic em on DC, although I wouldn't really want them to see what has become of their republic. I really love the ghost of freedom past idea as well.

Its impossible to say what our heroes past would do... but if I had to guess, I'd guess that they'd be doing the same things we're doing...

like sitting around on a message board wishing they had super powers.

Conza88
02-20-2009, 11:23 PM
Mind control for the cause of liberty, though invincibility or invisibility would be nifty for myself. I'd also like to shoot laser beams out of my eyes. Pew pew pew.

LOLcats beat ya too it. :p

http://img352.imageshack.us/img352/5705/lazersnd3.jpg

krazy kaju
02-20-2009, 11:47 PM

u gotz to do wut u gotz to do

The more philosophical answer is that by denying the self-ownership of others, those in position of power are essentially denying their own self-ownership. Thus, I have the right to claim justice and own those in power via mind control.

youngbuck
02-21-2009, 03:41 AM
Mind control is obviously the best one.

VIDEODROME
02-21-2009, 03:44 AM
Would that make you a Super Delegate?

ChaosControl
02-21-2009, 03:24 PM
Telepathy since I could basically make everyone do my will.

Runner up would probably be the super strength/bullet proof as then I'd be able to slaughter the government and take over by force.

xd9fan
02-21-2009, 04:32 PM
a good lightsaber and the ability to separate (get rid of )washingtondc from the rest of america.