PDA

View Full Version : I know Est. 3rd Quarter Results -

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Sematary
09-14-2007, 12:56 PM
Should I let a small group know for Donations to my BLOG - or that unethical?

unethical

Lord Xar
09-14-2007, 01:05 PM
well, I think you shouldn't even consider offering that information out as it would spread like wildfire. You might open a can of worms..

Brasil Branco
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
Damn it, I was a minute too late.

FluffyUnbound
09-14-2007, 01:07 PM
The quarter's not over.

itsnobody
09-14-2007, 01:08 PM
I say around $10 mil...

Green Mountain Boy
09-14-2007, 01:09 PM
I know estimated 3rd quarter results too. Everyone can, it's easy. Just make an estimate.:)

micahnelson
09-14-2007, 01:10 PM
I estimate 10,000 dollars. When the number comes out, feel free to quote me and say "Ron Paul beats estimates by over X%!"

csen
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I think a conservative, realistic estimate is $4mln...I'm not going to speculate on what I hope it might be.

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 01:11 PM
I know estimated 3rd quarter results too. Everyone can, it's easy. Just make an estimate.:)

No - I'm serious - I've used info before like a premium account on my blog - but not sure this time......

LibertyEagle
09-14-2007, 01:14 PM
No - I'm serious - I've used info before like a premium account on my blog - but not sure this time......

George, I'm not sure how you got this information, but I doubt the campaign would appreciate it if it is spread. If they wanted it announced, they would have done so themselves.

AcidReign
09-14-2007, 01:15 PM
If the campaign wants to keep the numbers close to the vest, I think you should too.

I do wish they would release the numbers from the meetup competition and the birthday card.

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 01:16 PM
I hear ya all that's why i posted the way I did..

mavtek
09-14-2007, 01:19 PM
Well tell me this, do you think we should keep working our tails off or can we take a break?

This is a trick question of course.

Stealth4
09-14-2007, 01:20 PM
No, if you have time to be thinking about this 3rd quarter stuff so much, you have the time to go work a parking lot.

:D

But seriously - please stop this 3rd qtr insanity - lets focus.

Johnnybags
09-14-2007, 01:22 PM
and is getting more donors than Romney, maybe not as much per donor as Romney. If he raises as much as Mitt, excluding Mitts loans it will be big news. The Ghoul is the money man and Fred will get a bunch on his announcement. I think Romney will have lots of trouble from here on.

hopeforamerica
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM
Focus and patience....... I know we are all excited/nervous about the results. I doubt any other group is as eager to find out Q3 results. Let's get to work!

m4ff3w
09-14-2007, 01:30 PM
I say share it with anyone who donates $2300 from today on.

Stealth4
09-14-2007, 01:37 PM
I say share it with anyone who donates $2300 from today on.

yeah, then other campaigns would certainly find out. 2300 is nothing for them and they want this info too.

hvac ak47
09-14-2007, 06:20 PM
right around the 2mil mark as of last week

Cowlesy
09-14-2007, 06:22 PM
Can we just delete this absolutely retarded and inane thread.

Plenty of Q3-speak other places.

Buzz
09-14-2007, 06:40 PM
What date does Q3 end on?

Joe Knows
09-14-2007, 06:42 PM
and is getting more donors than Romney, maybe not as much per donor as Romney. If he raises as much as Mitt, excluding Mitts loans it will be big news. The Ghoul is the money man and Fred will get a bunch on his announcement. I think Romney will have lots of trouble from here on.

I believe that there will be a problem with the reporting of Q3 figures. My guess is that when Ron outraises most of the Republicans the OM will ignore the fact. They will compare him to Howard Dean instead. They will say Howard Dean raised almost 15 Million dollars in Q3 in 2003 and that Ron should have raised a lot more. They will say that since Howard Dean was an also ran, so will Ron Paul. I hope I am wrong, but i think that Howard Dean is who we have to beat. Hoping we can.

LibertyEagle
09-14-2007, 06:43 PM
What date does Q3 end on?

The last day of this month. Then, they have a couple of weeks to compile the data and it is reported to the FEC on 10/15.

LibertyEagle
09-14-2007, 06:45 PM
I believe that there will be a problem with the reporting of Q3 figures. My guess is that when Ron outraises most of the Republicans the OM will ignore the fact. They will compare him to Howard Dean instead. They will say Howard Dean raised almost 15 Million dollars in Q3 in 2003 and that Ron should have raised a lot more. They will say that since Howard Dean was an also ran, so will Ron Paul. I hope I am wrong, but i think that Howard Dean is who we have to beat. Hoping we can.

If we actually raised 15 million dollars, we should be doing backflips. I seriously doubt it is going to be anywhere near that amount though.

Who cares about Dean? This is a totally different campaign.

Cowlesy
09-14-2007, 06:52 PM
It won't be anywhere near the top guys. The top guys have the establishment behind them who can drop $4,600 without blinking an eye (Primary + General Election donations). Not only that, they can throw together PACs for which they each donate $5,000.

Here is the rub. I bet "every last cent in my pocket" that the number of UNIQUE to donations to Ron Paul will be at, near or surpass the other candidates. THAT is the number we need to make sure the media does NOT overlook.

quickmike
09-14-2007, 06:58 PM
It won't be anywhere near the top guys. The top guys have the establishment behind them who can drop $4,600 without blinking an eye (Primary + General Election donations). Not only that, they can throw together PACs for which they each donate $5,000.

Here is the rub. I bet "every last cent in my pocket" that the number of UNIQUE to donations to Ron Paul will be at, near or surpass the other candidates. THAT is the number we need to make sure the media does NOT overlook.

I bet you took all the money out of your pockets right before you said that:D

Really though, I agree on that one. The only one I would say might beat Ron in unique donations would be Obama, and im not so sure of that anymore. Would have been much easier to say a few months back when Obama had that freshness. Now hes lost alot of his sparkle and is starting to look like just another insider to alot of people.

The Only Woj
09-14-2007, 06:59 PM
Est. 3rd Quarter results = don't worry about it, just keep donating and getting other people to join in and donate too because it's not over until the results come in

slantedview
09-14-2007, 07:05 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and give a crazy guess. I know the mainstream media is anxiously waiting to see my guess, so I don't want to set the bar too high, but at the same time, I know it was a solid quarter so I'm just gonna go for it.

Ready media?

One hundred dollars!

Quick! Off to the print!

honkywill
09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I'm gonna go out on a limb and give a crazy guess. I know the mainstream media is anxiously waiting to see my guess, so I don't want to set the bar too high, but at the same time, I know it was a solid quarter so I'm just gonna go for it.

Ready media?

One hundred dollars!

Quick! Off to the print!

Looks like I'm funding over half this campaign!

njandrewg
09-14-2007, 07:11 PM
I'll be happy if we raised even 5 million. You gotta remember the campaign said that they had a few great days at 100K...so even if that was the average for every day it would only total up to 9 million.

ronpaulitician
09-14-2007, 07:17 PM
Do the third quarter contributions need to be at least 150% of the second quarter contributions for Paul to remain a contender?

That would mean he needs to get about $5 million this third quarter. I'd probably be happy with that.

Cowlesy
09-14-2007, 07:18 PM
I bet you took all the money out of your pockets right before you said that:D

Really though, I agree on that one. The only one I would say might beat Ron in unique donations would be Obama, and im not so sure of that anymore. Would have been much easier to say a few months back when Obama had that freshness. Now hes lost alot of his sparkle and is starting to look like just another insider to alot of people.

The thing is, no one can truly measure the $ value of Ron Paul supporters to the campaign.

It is immense, and in my opinion more than makes up for not having piles of fat-cats writing huge checks.

Everyone who is out giving slim-jims to folks, or talking to people on the subway or knocking on doors---to me that is the equivalent of big $'s Ron Paul doesn't need to spend.

We can win this.

Joe Knows
09-14-2007, 07:22 PM
Who cares about Dean? This is a totally different campaign.

I understand. Who cares about Dean? I agree. I was just giving my opinion on how the OM would try to turn a Ron Paul victory into negative spin.

disinter
09-14-2007, 08:46 PM
I think a conservative, realistic estimate is $4mln...I'm not going to speculate on what I hope it might be.

I agree with that estimate.

disinter
09-14-2007, 08:48 PM
right around the 2mil mark as of last week

I know the results aren't great, but I really hope that isn't true!!

Proemio
09-14-2007, 08:52 PM
The thing is, no one can truly measure the $ value of Ron Paul supporters to the campaign.

It is immense, and in my opinion more than makes up for not having piles of fat-cats writing huge checks.

Everyone who is out giving slim-jims to folks, or talking to people on the subway or knocking on doors---to me that is the equivalent of big $'s Ron Paul doesn't need to spend.

We can win this.

What he said!

40,000 doers (conservative) x 2 hours a week (very conservative) x $20/hour value average (wild guess) = $1,600,000* per week
* not including out of pocket money for printing stuff and so on

The 'experts' on MSM will talk about that any day now... soon...