PDA

View Full Version : An Idea for a Quick, Cheap, Free Community

krazy kaju
02-20-2009, 05:26 PM
Many of us want to live in a free society ASAP. Although we cannot make the move from our current society to true minarchy or anarchy right away, we can begin to take some steps. And no, this doesn't mean we all have to move to New Hampshire or Montana.

Here's my idea: find a town or city that has been hit big by the foreclosure crisis, like Detroit. In Detroit, entire neighborhoods have essentially been foreclosed. Next, form a consumer cooperative and buy those houses out. Those houses can then be rented out to people in your cooperative. The cooperative would provide the housing as well as security via a kind of "neighborhood watch" program. Members of this community could agree to use gold, silver, etc. as currency, thereby creating a vibrant underground economy.

penguin
02-20-2009, 05:56 PM
Well depending on where the place is and how much land your talking about you could use several ideas from this site http://factorefarm.org/ to reduce your need for money.

Sandra
02-20-2009, 06:00 PM
Settlements have a tendencey to be communist by nature. Actually it's necessary for the survival of a settlement. Settlements have different political structures than cities, kind of like a dictatorship in a household is necessary.

krazy kaju
02-20-2009, 07:02 PM
Settlements have a tendencey to be communist by nature. Actually it's necessary for the survival of a settlement. Settlements have different political structures than cities, kind of like a dictatorship in a household is necessary.

No it isn't. Just as there are Paulvilles (http://paulville.org/about.html) and capitalistic gated communities, it's entirely possible for a chartered company to allow a small capitalistic society to exist within a statist bastion.

The_Orlonater
02-20-2009, 09:26 PM
Bad idea, we're not all going to move into some small town. The Free State Project was a better idea.

Sandra
02-20-2009, 09:47 PM
No it isn't. Just as there are Paulvilles (http://paulville.org/about.html) and capitalistic gated communities, it's entirely possible for a chartered company to allow a small capitalistic society to exist within a statist bastion.

Not to be self sustaining within itself. Not possible. So far they don't even have water to begin Paulville. Paulville doesn't really exist right now. Please read their forum.

penguin
02-20-2009, 10:55 PM
You all make good points but what I was suggesting was to use the technology they offer to support it. I have watched the site for a year now so some content may have be lost but it is about economic freedom not *ism of any sort. They offer tools to independence, that is all they offer. Please take a second look and think how you can apply this technology to your situation.

krazy kaju
02-21-2009, 11:51 AM
Not to be self sustaining within itself. Not possible. So far they don't even have water to begin Paulville. Paulville doesn't really exist right now. Please read their forum.

I'm not talking about a self sustaining community. I'm talking about a community that is mostly libertarian, that protects itself from crime, and that allows the use of hard currency. Saying that it is impossible to form such a community because such a community would be communistic is absurd and unfounded.