PDA

View Full Version : PA getting in on the action

Scott38
02-20-2009, 03:15 PM
Here is a link to Rep Sam Rohrer from PA. He is introducing similar bill to OK's currently. Glad that my local rep has already signed on as a cosigner.

www.samrohrer.com with video describing his intentions.

COME ON PA!!!!! GET FIRED UP!!!!

Scott

Pennsylvania
02-20-2009, 03:19 PM
Good to know. Thanks for posting.

Could have been stronger if the resolution had pointed out individual offenses like New Hampshire's did. I'll be writing to Rep. Rohrer to show my support though.

PatriotLegion
02-20-2009, 03:32 PM
Might be what I need to move to PA. New York will remain a tool of the Government.

Pennsylvania
02-20-2009, 03:39 PM
Might be what I need to move to PA. New York will remain a tool of the Government.

Right on!

1000-points-of-fright
02-20-2009, 03:42 PM
I have a feeling Ohio won't do anything like this any time soon. I hope I'm wrong.

Stary Hickory
02-20-2009, 03:45 PM
Good to see another state doing this.

humanic
02-20-2009, 03:57 PM
Here is a link to Rep Sam Rohrer from PA. He is introducing similar bill to OK's currently. Glad that my local rep has already signed on as a cosigner.

www.samrohrer.com with video describing his intentions.

COME ON PA!!!!! GET FIRED UP!!!!

Scott

http://www.olbermannwatch.com/DrudgeSiren.gif

RRHHHHHHHHRRRRRRRRRRRRRR

Rohrer for governor! (http://www.dailypaul.com/node/80254)

dude58677
02-20-2009, 04:12 PM
We in Pennsylvania have alot to be proud of. Our state is home of the Dec of Independence, US Constitution, Ben Franklin, the 6 time-Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers, and 2008 World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies.

If this proposal passes we will have even more to be proud of.

:D

Pennsylvania
02-20-2009, 04:13 PM
We in Pennsylvania have alot to be proud of. Our state is home of the Dec of Independence, US Constitution, Ben Franklin, the 6 time-Super Bowl Champion Pittsburgh Steelers, and 2008 World Series champion Philadelphia Phillies.

:D

Let's not forget America's oldest brewery!

dr. hfn
02-20-2009, 04:14 PM
bump

brandon
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
I'll be drinking some Yuengling later this evening!

Scott38
02-20-2009, 04:15 PM
QUESTION:

If a legislator votes against a resolution like this, does it automatically mean they could care less about the Constitution?

I was really surprised that 13 people voted against the OK resolution...well not really, but isn't this an open invitation to remove them from office immediately because they went against their oath?

Perhaps someone better educated then I on these matters could help me understand all this better.

Thanks

Scott

dude58677
02-20-2009, 04:18 PM
QUESTION:

If a legislator votes against a resolution like this, does it automatically mean they could care less about the Constitution?

I was really surprised that 13 people voted against the OK resolution...well not really, but isn't this an open invitation to remove them from office immediately because they went against their oath?

Perhaps someone better educated then I on these matters could help me understand all this better.

Thanks

Scott

It most certainly does mean they could care less about the Constitution. This is perjury under Article 6 clause 3.

brandon
02-20-2009, 04:19 PM
QUESTION:

Thanks

Scott

Scott, I don't see this bill passing or getting widespread support. I hope I'm wrong. Of course the people who will vote against it don't care about the US or PA constitution, but they are not going to come right out and say it in those words.

They will justify it, both to themselves and others, by saying something along the lines of "the constitution is outdated" or "The general welfare clause in the US const. gives the federal government the authority to be involved in matters such as education and healthcare."

oilboiler
02-20-2009, 07:21 PM
This is coming across in my CFL meetup group. There is still a pretty strong presence in Pennsylvania. I have already e-mailed my reps, and will call their offices on this.

Pennsylvania
02-21-2009, 09:52 AM
I wrote to Rep. Rohrer this morning to show him my support, and just wanted to post the letter in case anybody wanted to copy-and-paste it:

Mr. Rohrer,

I recently came across the video on your website describing the proposed States Rights bill. I am a libertarian, and as such, issues such as these are of the utmost importance to me. As a lifelong Pennsylvania resident, I am pleased to see that someone in our legislature is defending the 10th Amendment, a long neglected, but crucially important part of our Constitution. I had been hoping for such action in wake of similar bills put forth by the New Hampshire State Legislature, and Oklahoma State Legislature, and I will be contacting my representatives today and urge them to support this bill. Consider this my letter of gratitude for helping in the fight to reduce our painfully over-sized federal government.

tangent4ronpaul
02-21-2009, 11:08 AM
QUESTION:

Thanks

Scott

It sounds like an open invitation for one of us to start running for each such seat and make that a highlight of our platforms.

-t

Pennsylvania
02-22-2009, 04:41 PM
Just wrote my rep and senator. C'mon Pennsylvanians let's do this :cool:

Cowlesy
04-16-2009, 08:56 PM
//