PDA

View Full Version : Military shifting donations to dems. Except for...

Patriot
09-14-2007, 12:35 PM
...Ron Paul
http://www.capitaleye.org/inside.asp?ID=300

In the 2002 election cycle, the last full cycle before the war began, Democrats received a mere 23 percent of military members' contributions.* So far this year, 40 percent of military money has gone to Democrats for Congress and president...Barack Obama and Ron Paul are the top recipients of military money.

Among GOP candidates, Ron Paul, the only Republican who opposes the war, has brought in the biggest haul from the military since the start of the 2008 election cycle in January—at least $19,250.

Give me liberty
09-14-2007, 12:46 PM
Nice:)
I wonder how fox news will try to spin this lol.

Ron Paul Fan
09-14-2007, 12:52 PM
This doesn't mean a whole lot. Ron Paul just has some libertarian type mailing lists that happen to have a lot of people in the military on them. A lot of people don't identify themselves as veterans so this is suggestive rather than pin point accuracy.

hard@work
09-14-2007, 12:53 PM

By not or barely mentioning it at all.

jmdrake
09-14-2007, 01:01 PM
Good article. But from everything I've read Ron Paul is AHEAD of Obama!

http://phreadom.blogspot.com/2007/07/ron-paul-is-most-financially-military.html

Ron Paul was already at $24,965 among the military so how could he drop to $19,250? Or is this article not counting veterans? But if you take the vets out, Barak's support drops to $18,335.

I don't trust these results. The links they give you don't give you a way to add the numbers up yourself. However the "phreadom" blog link lets you do your own math.

Regards,

John M. Drake

JosephTheLibertarian
09-14-2007, 01:55 PM
Obama wants a surge LOL are they fucking stupid or what?? I bet 90% of them are just black soldiers that are voting for Obama because he's uhh....half black

American
09-14-2007, 01:59 PM
This doesn't mean a whole lot. Ron Paul just has some libertarian type mailing lists that happen to have a lot of people in the military on them. A lot of people don't identify themselves as veterans so this is suggestive rather than pin point accuracy.

Sure it does, it means as much as any other non scientific article out there. With a war going on it means even more.

JMann
09-14-2007, 02:02 PM

So you think this will get a lot of play on NBC, CBS, ABC, CNN and MSNBC?