PDA

View Full Version : Igniting the Revolution

Shatterhand
09-14-2007, 12:17 PM
Hey, Everyone,

I was at USC for the rally. There was a good-sized crowd, but many more students wandered by and didn't seem to be interested in Dr. Paul's speech. I found it rather astonishing. These are young educated citizens attending a premier university. If they aren't going to stop and listen to the Thomas Jefferson of our day when he's right in front of them then how am I on my own going to convince them and others to look him up? Lord Xar was there. He can vouch for my observation. Still, the USC rally was a great success. Dr. Paul made a splash, literature was handed out, his name is now known by many.

But this brings up a larger question. How can we wake up our fellow citizens to the ideas of the Founding Fathers? Understanding Dr. Paul's message requires thinking and many people don't have the time or refuse to use their minds.

This post is not meant to pessimistic. The grassroots are amazing and the work must continue. There are many brilliant and creative people working to get the message out. My question is how do we ignite the revolution? There are powerful forces working against Dr. Paul and there are only a few months left.

How do we really push things?

constituent
09-14-2007, 12:22 PM
make a sign w/ a white suburbia looking guy on it that says

"i'm not a racist,
that's why i'm voting
for the black guy."

that'll push their buttons. that's why they won't listen
when it comes down to it.

MsDoodahs
09-14-2007, 12:43 PM
I found it rather astonishing. These are young educated citizens attending a premier university. If they aren't going to stop and listen to the Thomas Jefferson of our day when he's right in front of them then how am I on my own going to convince them and others to look him up?

These are not young educated citizens, these are young indoctrinated citizens. There is a huge, huge difference.

But this brings up a larger question. How can we wake up our fellow citizens to the ideas of the Founding Fathers? Understanding Dr. Paul's message requires thinking and many people don't have the time or refuse to use their minds.

We put the information out there. Every time you preach the freedom philosophy, you chink their collectivist armor. You will know you are making progress by their degree of anger at you. My suggestion: when they attack you, don't fight back. Stay calm and focused and continue to drive the point home. This is essential. Try to mimic Dr. Paul when you are under attack - don't return in kind. Your opponent wins when he gets you to lose your cool - your opponent wins when you blow your stack. You will win respect far faster by keeping your cool when most people, in similiar circumstances, would lose theirs.

Win the respect of the audience - then keep driving home the message. That is how you break through and cause them to begin to think.

You also have to lay out the ideas clearly and simply. This is not always easy to do. There are abundant online resources that you can access to build your arsenal. USE THEM. (examples: lewrockwell.com, mises.org, fee.org, fff.org)

This post is not meant to pessimistic. The grassroots are amazing and the work must continue. There are many brilliant and creative people working to get the message out. My question is how do we ignite the revolution? There are powerful forces working against Dr. Paul and there are only a few months left.

How do we really push things?

It is not pessimistic. It is realistic.

I agree with Dr. Paul - this thing is out of the bottle and regardless of what tomorrow brings, those powerful forces won't be able to put it back in.

I hope that everyone stays connected regardless of the outcome of the Paul campaign, as I believe that you folks ARE the future.

You ARE part of the remnant - whether you realize it or not, whether you want to be or not.

You are part of it.

:)

Cindy
09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
These kids going to rpricy Universities are more aligned with " progressives. When you mention names like Thomas Jefferson, and replay the revolutionary war scenerio in modern day terms, they are just going to see you as being OLD and out of touch with them.

When hitting Pricey University youth, you have to pitch Paul as being a very Progressive thinker for the modern world.

One of the best ways to do this is to highlight that he will remove the subsidy blocks protecting " Old school Big Corpa, to allow, fresh and new inovating companies to better be able to enter the market place and compete with the old school corps.........the market , these kids will be entering when they leave University.

Paul's stance there will give them a lot of hope of a fresh and large inovative market to enter into.

And Voila- Paul is a progressive of the modern era!

disinter
09-14-2007, 01:03 PM
Give them one of these:

http://disinter.wordpress.com/2007/09/14/we-the-founders/