PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Elections: Background Check for Presidents?

RonPaul4President
05-31-2007, 02:28 PM
In order to do most jobs, like a police officer, or a teacher, or government employee, one has to endure lengthy background checks by the FBI and CIA.

What requirements are there to be president? A presidential candidate must be over 35, a native-born American, and have lived in the USA for the past 14 years.

That's scarey! There needs to be a public investigation into any presidential candidates background before he or she can become chosen as the President of the United States of America. I personally believe that allowing only native-born citizens to be president is like inbreeding. It just transfers the corruption from one hand to the next with no fresh blood and integrity to flush the system. Prior to Ron Paul, of course.

Like a Good Charlotte song says, "...if you were caught smoking crack, even McDonald's wouldn't take you back, you could always run for mayor of DC."

We have to decriminalize politics and politicians.

ratsbew
05-31-2007, 03:01 PM
Surely they have to get some sort of background investigation. I would assume that senators and representatives do also.
The president has knowledge of all national secrets and if he would discuss them with his foreign "friends" it could cause grave danger to national security.

BuddyRey
05-31-2007, 05:24 PM
I would say a good start might be asking for previous public service experience. So many of our politicians are only where they are because they made a barrelful of money. The Presidency should definitely still remain an open position for any red-blooded American with good ideas and the know-how to implement them, but allowing any gojillianaire to exert an endless supply of money and influence to make a mockery of the political process needs to end.