PDA

View Full Version : Iowa National Guard to hold gun confiscation "drill".

Anti Federalist
02-20-2009, 12:08 AM
Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April (http://www.carrollspaper.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=7451&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=&S=1)

By BUTCH HEMAN

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.

Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted.

"Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

"One of the techniques we use in today's political environment is cordon and knock," Kots explained. "We ask for the head of the household, get permission to search, then have them open doors and cupboards. The homeowner maintains control. We peer over their shoulder, and the soldier uses the homeowner's body language and position to protect him."

During this phase of the operation, troops will interact with residents and media while implementing crowd-control measures and possibly treating and evacuating injured persons.

The unit will use a Blackhawk helicopter for overhead command and control, and to simulate medevacs.

The drill will culminate in the apprehension of the suspected arms dealer.

Alpha Company will conduct a review of the drill on Sunday, April 5.

A meeting to give residents more information and accept volunteers will be held 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, in the Arcadia American Legion hall.

Kots said the exercise will replace Alpha Company's weekend drill for April.

"We have a lot of extended drills this coming year," he added.

In addition to surveillance, searching and apprehension, the exercise will also give the troops valuable experience in stability, support, patrol, traffic control, vehicle searches and other skills needed for deployment in an urban environment.

"This exercise will improve the real-life operational skills of the unit," said Kots. "And it will hopefully improve the public's understanding of military operations."

The pre-drill work with residents is as important at the drill itself.

"It will be important for us to gain the trust and confidence of the residents of Arcadia," said Kots. "We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing."

"We really want to get as much information out there as possible, because this operation could be pretty intrusive to the people of Arcadia."

Roxi
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
i think im speechless.

cthulhufan
02-20-2009, 12:20 AM
"It will be important for us to gain the trust and confidence of the residents of Arcadia," said Kots. "We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing."
Just one of many fine gems to be had from that piece.

In Iowa?? Outstanding. So it begins in earnest.

I'm no Rambo, but I can tell you that the machines are the first thing I'm taking aim at.. You can shoot at the cockpit and fuel sponsons all day. When it comes to choppers, I'm aiming for the rotor assembly or anywhere else a hydraulic line might be.

Why are the Iowa National Guard soldiers willing to participate in this?

phill4paul
02-20-2009, 12:22 AM
Guardsmen to conduct urban training at Arcadia in April (http://www.carrollspaper.com/main.asp?Search=1&ArticleID=7451&SectionID=1&SubSectionID=&S=1)

By BUTCH HEMAN

The Carroll National Guard unit will train on urban military operations by holding a four-day exercise at Arcadia.

The purpose of the April 2-5 drill will be to gather intelligence, then search for and apprehend a suspected weapons dealer, according to Sgt. Mike Kots, readiness NCO for Alpha Company.

Citizens, law enforcement, media and other supporters will participate.

Troops will spend Thursday, April 2, staging at a forward operations base at Carroll. The next day company leaders will conduct reconnaissance and begin patrolling the streets of Arcadia to identify possible locations of the weapons dealer.

The primary phase will be done Saturday, April 4, when convoys will be deployed from Carroll to Arcadia. Pictures of the arms dealer will be shown in Arcadia, and soldiers will go door to door asking if residents have seen the suspect.

Soldiers will knock only at households that have agreed to participate in the drill, Kots noted.

"Once credible intelligence has been gathered," said Kots, "portions of the town will be road-blocked and more in-depth searches of homes and vehicles will be conducted in accordance with the residents' wishes.

"One of the techniques we use in today's political environment is cordon and knock," Kots explained. "We ask for the head of the household, get permission to search, then have them open doors and cupboards. The homeowner maintains control. We peer over their shoulder, and the soldier uses the homeowner's body language and position to protect him."

During this phase of the operation, troops will interact with residents and media while implementing crowd-control measures and possibly treating and evacuating injured persons.

The unit will use a Blackhawk helicopter for overhead command and control, and to simulate medevacs.

The drill will culminate in the apprehension of the suspected arms dealer.

Alpha Company will conduct a review of the drill on Sunday, April 5.

A meeting to give residents more information and accept volunteers will be held 7 p.m. Monday, March 2, in the Arcadia American Legion hall.

Kots said the exercise will replace Alpha Company's weekend drill for April.

"We have a lot of extended drills this coming year," he added.

In addition to surveillance, searching and apprehension, the exercise will also give the troops valuable experience in stability, support, patrol, traffic control, vehicle searches and other skills needed for deployment in an urban environment.

"This exercise will improve the real-life operational skills of the unit," said Kots. "And it will hopefully improve the public's understanding of military operations."

The pre-drill work with residents is as important at the drill itself.

"We really want to get as much information out there as possible, because this operation could be pretty intrusive to the people of Arcadia."

there are no good cops, or there would be no bad cops.:) Has anyone from the NG units refused to participate?

Pericles
02-20-2009, 12:33 AM
That is what they get for voting for BHO.

moostraks
02-20-2009, 09:39 AM

It wouldn't have mattered....:(

moostraks
02-20-2009, 09:44 AM
To say I am horrified is putting it mildly. And yet we have been nutcases for years because we said that we were headed towards these types of intrusions being implemented. Glad they will identify who the traitors are beforehand for those of us who want to know whom to trust in the event of an emergency. It sure as the devil won't be any of the volunteers for government searches.

pcosmar
02-20-2009, 09:57 AM
That looks like a good time and place for a massive PRO 2nd Amendment protest and demonstration.
Maybe even a group to protect and defend the "arms dealer" as a patriotic duty.
Pass out fliers on Illegal searches and civil rights.

Just my thought.

Pericles
02-20-2009, 11:12 AM
What got me was the lame excuse of training to find an arms dealer in an Iraq or Afghanistan deployment.

Finding an arms dealer in either of those two countries is about as difficult as finding a gas station.

HOLLYWOOD
02-20-2009, 11:49 AM
Maybe the Article title should be:

"IOWA National Guard and State Authorities Conduct 2nd & 4th Amendment Rights Violations for U.S. Supreme Court"

Always have backup weapons/ammo; oil, desecant packed, and sealed in plastic... hidden, buried, or in an alternate location.

Make sure only very close friend/libertarians know as a backup contact, if authorities hold people/yourself... you have to send a "RUN COMMAND/ALERT"

Always have backup plans to these scenarios

John of Des Moines
02-20-2009, 12:27 PM
Maybe somebody should go to the March 2 volunteer meeting and pass out counter-propaganda.

constituent
02-20-2009, 12:31 PM
hmmmm.... i wonder who will be leading the egg-launch insurgency?

youngbuck
02-20-2009, 02:37 PM
Ah shit, this really blows. They are definitely ramping up their efforts to get the "disarming" attitude instilled in the soldier's and citizen's heads. If some cocksucker wants to take my gun, they are an enemy. I don't care where their place of birth was or anything else.

ihsv
02-20-2009, 02:52 PM
This type of scenario is something that most of us don't like to think about, but I wonder how many of us have truly considered it?

Watch how it transpires; watch how they do it. Make your plans accordingly. Then prepare mentally for carrying out that plan.

Coming soon to a city near you.

devil21
02-20-2009, 05:00 PM
This type of scenario is something that most of us don't like to think about, but I wonder how many of us have truly considered it?

Watch how it transpires; watch how they do it. Make your plans accordingly. Then prepare mentally for carrying out that plan.

Coming soon to a city near you.

Yep, I agree. They are showing us the blueprint for confiscation and martial law right in plain sight. I really hope some liberty and 2nd Amendment friendly types in Iowa observe what happens and make the info available online. These are the types of opportunities that we can't let slip by.

Cowlesy
02-20-2009, 07:59 PM
http://radio.netalarms.us:8004

Radio stream right there.

These guys are calling up people in Arcadia, cold calling, to find out what they know.

Cowlesy
02-20-2009, 07:59 PM
http://radio.netalarms.us:8004

Radio stream right there.

These guys are calling up people in Arcadia, cold calling, to find out what they know.

and they're doing it right now live

Cowlesy
02-20-2009, 08:01 PM
This is amazing!

decatren
02-20-2009, 08:12 PM
I will never go ti iowa again if they confiscate

Cowlesy
02-20-2009, 08:13 PM
Okay I have an unconfirmed report that the drill has been called off.

Will post links when/if I learn more.

ihsv
02-20-2009, 08:15 PM

Keep us informed.

pcosmar
02-21-2009, 07:29 AM

Any news on this?
I missed the live show. Did folks even know what was planed?

Cowlesy
02-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Any news on this?
I missed the live show. Did folks even know what was planed?

I went ahead and sent the reporter an email to ask if he has heard anything as I have been unable to locate any links.

Will post what he replies.

Cowlesy
02-21-2009, 07:49 AM
Update:

http://wnd.com/index.php?fa=PAGE.view&pageId=89527

DES MOINES, Iowa – Following publicized reports that the Army National Guard was planning a military training exercise on the streets of a rural Iowa town, the commanding officers have called off the mock "invasion."

The Guard had planned a four-day urban military operation in tiny Arcadia, Iowa, population 443, sending troops to take over the town and search door-to-door for a suspected weapons dealer.

DAFTEK
02-21-2009, 07:57 AM

I hope they are happy with their change.... Scary future awaits this country.

pcosmar
02-21-2009, 08:10 AM
Wrong on so many levels.

How? with cooperative and compliant victims?

"We will need to identify individuals that are willing to assist us in training by allowing us to search their homes and vehicles and to participate in role-playing.

The Guard had planned a four-day urban military operation in tiny Arcadia, Iowa, population 443, sending troops to take over the town and search door-to-door for a suspected weapons dealer.
And this? last I heard selling guns was legal. I even consider it a Patriotic profession.

Glad it was called off. Now how about firing everyone that thought it was a good idea.

ghengis86
02-21-2009, 09:10 AM
this mock invasion and subsequent cancellation was a success for the military.

'sir, too much static on this invasion. we had to call if off. they're not conditioned enough. fire up the propaganda press for a few months, 'locate' some home grown 'terrorists' and try again in six months. I'm sure we'll be welcomed with flowers by then.'

virgil47
02-21-2009, 10:53 AM
This was a missed opportunity for the patriot movement. If the exercise had gone as planned it was a great opportunity to study their tactics and make some training videos. Perhaps in the future knowledgeable people can be prepositioned in the target area with recorders and cameras.

Liberty Rebellion
02-21-2009, 03:39 PM
Iowa National Guard Lt. Colonel on Alex Jones Tv:1/2 "It's for your Safety!"
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wv4d397xSP8

Part II
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_b7wUgMabGE

Sandra
02-21-2009, 04:05 PM
When these things are planned, you can bet some of the militia members involved will make sure it goes public. Support those patriot whistleblowers!

Danke
02-22-2009, 01:28 PM
Guardsmen in Iowa have scrapped the plan for training on the implementation of tyranny.

http://targetfreedom.typepad.com/targetfreedom/2009/02/guardsmen-scrapped-tyranny-training.html

Guardsmen had planned to conduct urban training to apprehend a "suspected weapons dealer." The word got out and they backed off.

This is NOT how to find a weapons dealer in a free country. In a free country you find a weapons dealer by looking in the yellow pages. This was to be a brainwashing, and a conditioning, exercise to accommodate the population, and the guardsmen, to the implementation of tyranny.

Ex Post Facto
02-22-2009, 01:58 PM
FYI the news this morning said they were cancelling the event