PDA

View Full Version : Rudy Giuliani Places NYT Ad Taking Hillary Clinton to Task Over MoveOn.org Ad

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 11:43 AM
http://www.foxnews.com/story/0,2933,296818,00.html

WASHINGTON — Republican presidential candidate Rudy Giuliani criticized Democratic front-runner Hillary Rodham Clinton in a full-page ad in Friday's New York Times, accusing her of attacking Iraq war commander Gen. David Petraeus' character.

Guilani MSM Articles Today 600+
Ron Paul MSM Articles Today 20+

micahnelson
09-14-2007, 11:57 AM
How much did the ad cost? perhaps we could make our own?

Dems: Blame Republicans
Republicans: Blame Democrats
Ron Paul: Its not time to blame, its time to change our foreign policy, not fiddle with troop levels!

Rivington Essex
09-14-2007, 12:01 PM
Rudy's ad is a waste of his money. Good for him.

micahnelson
09-14-2007, 12:02 PM
Rudy's ad is a waste of his money. Good for him.

600+ MSM articles though... its almost like a poker game. We up the anti by showing our own stance... could be worth it. Media Coverage, plus the chance to show people that there is a candidate looking to change things, not just blame the other party.

ghemminger
09-14-2007, 12:05 PM
600+ MSM articles though... its almost like a poker game. We up the anti by showing our own stance... could be worth it. Media Coverage, plus the chance to show people that there is a candidate looking to change things, not just blame the other party.

I like your quote - but I have been tracking/comparing Daily MSM coverage of "Top Tier" Candidates.....600+ MSM articles perday - not counting TV coverage - I know exacty why these candidates have 40 million in cash.

jj111
09-14-2007, 12:10 PM
Only $65k for a full page ad in NY Times.....
If it could create conrtroversy or buzz, a Ron Paul ad like that could generate lots of free publicity in mainstream media coverage and commentary.

LibertyEagle
How much did the ad cost? perhaps we could make our own?

Dems: Blame Republicans
Republicans: Blame Democrats
Ron Paul: Its not time to blame, its time to change our foreign policy, not fiddle with troop levels!

O'Reilly said on his radio show. I can't remember the exact amount, but I think it was somewhere around 65K, because Giuliani asked for the same $100K discount that they gave Hillary. They gave it to him.

hells_unicorn
While it's tempting to simply sit back and laugh at two candidates attacking each other whose only genuine difference in opinion is who looks more like a guy in a dress, this feeds the notion amongst the masses that these two are the front-runners. We can't be brushed aside, I don't care how absurd the nature of the show being put on.

ronpaulitician
09-14-2007, 12:11 PM
About $60k instead of the regular $160k, I think.

LibertyEagle
09-14-2007, 12:12 PM
Only $65k for a full page ad in NY Times.....
If it could create conrtroversy or buzz, a Ron Paul ad like that could generate lots of free publicity in mainstream media coverage and commentary.

Yeah, this seems like something for the campaign. I wonder if they know that the NY Times gave these huge discounts. It seems like this would be a great deal on which to capitalize.

Ebuchholz
09-14-2007, 12:33 PM
There are over 100 people viewing this board right now, that's $600 each. $100 if we could find 600 people. $60 if we can find 1000.

It's doable. But again, would the campaign rather just have this money? I'll give another 100 -150 to make this ad happen, but would it be better served to have Dr. Pau'ls contribution numbers higher?

Cindy
09-14-2007, 12:48 PM
Yes, it feeds the notion that they are the two nominees. Rudy now is suppose to be campaigning against the other GOP candidates to get the nomination. His spending money to attack the Democrat candidates makes him look like, he already won the Republican nomination.

I think he is also trying to show the GOP that he is the one most willing to aggressively take on Hillary.

Maybe Pauls campaign should just do a general and less expense, more broad based push now on How and Why Paul can beat Hillary.

It's a good strategy. Paul will end the war, take care of the illegal immigration problem. and get to work on fixxing the economy that is hitting the lower income folks the hardest right now. (he also isn't a CFR LIAR:p )

jb4ronpaul
09-14-2007, 12:55 PM
I think this is a great idea. It would show everyone who is sick of this partisan bickering there is another choice, a principled choice. I would sell my car and buy some cheap piece of junk instead to help fund this, if that allowed.

American
09-14-2007, 12:59 PM
If this keeps up we can win with sheer attrition. This is just more political grand standing and a perfect example of what to come.

We can use this to our advantage, let the top tier candidates destroy themselves, be ready to introduce RP to these people when they get disgusted like they surely will.

LibertyEagle
09-14-2007, 01:28 PM
Yes, it feeds the notion that they are the two nominees. Rudy now is suppose to be campaigning against the other GOP candidates to get the nomination. His spending money to attack the Democrat candidates makes him look like, he already won the Republican nomination.

I think he is also trying to show the GOP that he is the one most willing to aggressively take on Hillary.

A lot of Republicans are calling Giuliani the "Bald Hillary". Don't think he doesn't know this. I think he's attacking Hillary to attempt to show how different he is from her. It's a lie of course, but I think that's his ploy.

Cindy
09-14-2007, 01:38 PM
A lot of Republicans are calling Giuliani the "Bald Hillary". Don't think he doesn't know this. I think he's attacking Hillary to attempt to show how different he is from her. It's a lie of course, but I think that's his ploy.

So aligning with Bush, the President with a tanking 16% approval rating is his strategy?

Where is the rolling on the floor lauging emoticon when you need one.

Giuliani is a few fries short of a Happy Meal.

None the less, the strategy to start Putting Paul against Hillary is a smart one, even if he was doing this ad to get support for Petreus plan for the neocons, on their dime of course. .